05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installed door sill inserts from American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/13, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed door sill inserts from American Muscle

So I ordered these the other day and just recently installed them...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shblmudosiin.html

The reviews are pretty spot on. They don't fit at all. It's kind of pathetic really. Not one of the decals is even close to the letters on the door sill. They actually do look good if you're not really close to them, so I'll probably just leave them on. It's such a good idea, but how could they mess these things up so bad?

Name:  IMG_2804.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  79.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2808.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  134.0 KB
Old 3/5/13, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrp5150

The reviews are pretty spot on. They don't fit at all. It's kind of pathetic really. Not one of the decals is even close to the letters on the door sill. They actually do look good if you're not really close to them, so I'll probably just leave them on. It's such a good idea, but how could they mess these things up so bad?
I'm sorry to hear that these inserts didn't fit well. I wasn't aware that we had a problem with fitment on this particular item, I'll definitely have my product development and vinyl team look into this for me right away!

In the mean time, shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make sure you're credited back for this item. You can still keep them as well! Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I hope this helps!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 3/5/13 at 10:24 AM.
Old 3/5/13, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Dan. Don't get me wrong, I love your website and I buy a ton of stuff from you guys, just no clue how these things are so off? This is the only thing I've ever bought from American Muscle that wasn't perfect. You guys do have great customer service though, that's for sure.
Old 3/5/13, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They look good in the pic. Is it just up close you can see the fitment issues? Nice car BTW!
Old 3/5/13, 10:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

I'm sorry to hear that these inserts didn't fit well. I wasn't aware that we had a problem with fitment on this particular item, I'll definitely have my product development and vinyl team look into this for me right away!

In the mean time, shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make sure you're credited back for this item. You can still keep them as well! Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I hope this helps!

-Dan
I ordered a 05-09 gt500/GT-CS rear bumper cover from you guys and it didn't fit on my 06 GT but I didn't notice till after I paid to have it painted and installed. I'm upset to say the least
Old 3/5/13, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vistabluenorange

I ordered a 05-09 gt500/GT-CS rear bumper cover from you guys and it didn't fit on my 06 GT but I didn't notice till after I paid to have it painted and installed. I'm upset to say the least
That's odd, because it does fit. Many people put those rears on their car, even on v6s.
Old 3/5/13, 08:59 PM
GT Member

It fits an it on there but it's not perfect by any means there are multiple spots where it looked like the mold was off when it was made Im thinking that its my luck I got a bad one and on top of that the guy who painted it painted it the wrong version of vista blue so it doesn't match the car
Old 3/5/13, 10:42 PM
GT Member

It fits an it on there but it's not perfect by any means there are multiple spots where it looked like the mold was off when it was made Im thinking that its my luck I got a bad one and on top of that the guy who painted it painted it the wrong version of vista blue so it doesn't match the car
Sounds to me like he did not actually paint it Vista Blue. Unless your car is horribly faded, it should match.
Vista Blue is Vista Blue. Maybe he painted it Sonic Blue instead?
Old 3/5/13, 11:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
They look good in the pic. Is it just up close you can see the fitment issues? Nice car BTW!
Yeah, they look good if you're not looking up close at them, which nobody really ever would. Still, they don't really fit at all.
Old 3/5/13, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

If its a reputable shop they should fix it
Old 3/6/13, 05:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I've changed a lot of things on my car and everytime the shop wanted to test fit it before they did any paint work , so if there were any problems they could fix them before painting. If your shop didn't do this , then they're not very reputable and I wouldn't use them again.
Old 3/6/13, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Nunja Business
Sounds to me like he did not actually paint it Vista Blue. Unless your car is horribly faded, it should match.
Vista Blue is Vista Blue. Maybe he painted it Sonic Blue instead?
There are two kinds of vista blue on has a flake that make it more purple than blue thats what the bumper is and the car is the one that doesn't have the flake
Old 3/6/13, 08:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by atrav83

If its a reputable shop they should fix it
I'm taking it to the best shop in the district now I'm never going to the other guy again my car is way to nice to be painted ****ty
Old 3/6/13, 08:39 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
Thanks man and its just a few spot up close that you can see but with the amount of car show I go to its no bueno
Old 3/8/13, 10:25 PM
GT Member

There are two kinds of vista blue on has a flake that make it more purple than blue thats what the bumper is and the car is the one that doesn't have the flake
Not picking a fight here but I have only ever heard of one Vista Blue (G9) and it is metallic. That's what mine is. It is very sparkly.
The factory paint code is on the door jamb sticker, maybe you should check. Your paint and body guy sure as hell should have.
If yours is not a metallic blue, it may have been repainted before you got it?
Old 3/9/13, 05:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Nunja Business
Not picking a fight here but I have only ever heard of one Vista Blue (G9) and it is metallic. That's what mine is. It is very sparkly.
The factory paint code is on the door jamb sticker, maybe you should check. Your paint and body guy sure as hell should have.
If yours is not a metallic blue, it may have been repainted before you got it?
It's a metallic flop issue... I have went to a ton of body shops around my areas and they are all saying that its just the difference between metal and plastic when painted
Old 3/9/13, 06:24 AM
Bullitt Member

It could even be the paint quality, improper air pressure, an improper reducer mix, an improper catalyst mix, they could have had the gun to close or to far away when they were spraying. All of these scenarios can easily chainge the color or how the metallics lay down when you are spraying them.
Old 3/9/13, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

It's a metallic flop issue... I have went to a ton of body shops around my areas and they are all saying that its just the difference between metal and plastic when painted
This is very true... but with the proper product knowledge, and knowing how to use your reducer and catalyst mixes... there should be no metallic or paint matching issues between painting on metal or any other surfaces that have been properly prepped and sprayed with the right primer.
Old 3/9/13, 06:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Wades GT
This is very true... but with the proper product knowledge, and knowing how to use your reducer and catalyst mixes... there should be no metallic or paint matching issues between painting on metal or any other surfaces that have been properly prepped and sprayed with the right primer.
Agree 100%.
I dinged mine after only 2 weeks (I did NOT see that tree in my yard ).
My right rear quarter-panel and rear bumper got resprayed. You cannot see any difference.
Of course the guys I used are the best in South Alabama.
Old 3/11/13, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrp5150

I hope mine fit. I'm waiting for warmer weather to install. Or should I return them and save my time? I have to admit, I didn't read the reviews. Always have trusted AM products.

Last edited by ARBO; 3/11/13 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Installed door sill inserts from American Muscle