05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

I know everybody won't like this dash kit, but....

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/07, 04:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know everybody won't like this dash kit, but....

It might look out of place now but it fits the theme i'm going for, which will be an orange superstripe, calipers, etc.

Old 10/3/07, 05:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I kinda like it ...
Old 10/3/07, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was scared to see what was inside when I clicked the thread title, but I actually kind of like it as well.

Is the carbon fiber actually a 3D look to it, like real CF, or just a flat pattern? Hard to tell from the pics.
Old 10/3/07, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

I think it would've looked better with an all black interior. Now you have black, beige, a different shape of beige on the seats and orange. But I kinda like the kit anyways...
Old 10/3/07, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I kinda like it ...
They have yellow and black carbon fiber to...lol

Originally Posted by titanjc
I was scared to see what was inside when I clicked the thread title, but I actually kind of like it as well.

Is the carbon fiber actually a 3D look to it, like real CF, or just a flat pattern? Hard to tell from the pics.
The site listed it as a flat dash kit. They had both flat and molded, but this particular kit only came it flat. I have no idea what real CF looks like, but its listed as real carbon fiber (they have synthetic to), and the real carbon fiber kits cost 30% more than the regular stuff.

As far as the looks, like I said I don't really know how real carbon fiber looks in person, but this kit looks pretty animated to me lol. It looks like the orange and black is stiched together in the checkboard pattern and embossed behind a clear plastic covering. Its hard to describe, but it looks really nice.

Originally Posted by rony1976
I think it would've looked better with an all black interior. Now you have black, beige, a different shape of beige on the seats and orange. But I kinda like the kit anyways...
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. Unfortunately I was stuck with the tan, and tan is a MF'r to find a decent dash kit that matches up to it. Brushed looks like crap with the tan, and a wood dash kit would have gotten me banned. I was stuck with finding an alternate, so since I have plans on going with an orange superstripe, I think this orange and black carbon fiber kit will help to tie it all in together. It might clash somewhat right now, but down the road it will tie in alot better after I get the rest of the planned mods done.

The seats are another thing that will be changed eventually. I will probably go with black, with some kind of accents that help tie in the interior.
Old 10/3/07, 12:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with an all black interior but it does look good no doubt.
Old 10/3/07, 01:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely better than I thought it would look. Where did you purchase it from? i'm looking for something to set my interior apart. I don't want anything too out there, but they may have something I'll want.
Old 10/3/07, 01:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's important, is that YOU like it. What I REALLY REALLY like is the way the patterned lined up on all the different pieces. I had an early set for my 05, in BlackCarbon, and at that time, long long ago, they did NOT match up like yours does. Thumbsup!!
Old 10/3/07, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think it's alright only because of the color of the rest of your interior. Only suggestion would be is to find one that looks like wood instead of that wooden CF look.
Old 10/3/07, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
Where did you purchase it from?
x2. Looks like a nice kit.
Old 10/3/07, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by citizen arcane
x2. Looks like a nice kit.
It is a pretty nice kit. The 33 piece kit that I ordered came with a few more pieces for the lower dash and the front of the middle dash, but I thought it would be overkill to cover up the tan parts of the interior to.

The real carbon fiber kits aren't cheap either.

You have to choose the kit before you can see the available colors...
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/catal...-1-c-2354.html
Old 10/3/07, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Doesn't look bad, kind of looks like a Lincoln interior, i think a true wood look would have been better though. But it looks like it was well installed, it's uniform, it actually blends very nice with the tan interior. And its what you like, what more can you ask for.
Old 10/3/07, 09:15 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
That's a good combo. It's an excellent match with your interior.
Old 10/5/07, 02:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yep, I like it! Especially with the idea of using an orange stripe. Good choice!
Old 10/5/07, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the link.

I believe the 16 pc. kit in Synth Carbon Fiber would like really good in my Deluxe black interior.

How difficult do you think it would be to remove a coupla years down the road? Also, how difficult is it to reposition during the install if necessary?
Old 10/5/07, 10:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by citizen arcane

How difficult do you think it would be to remove a coupla years down the road? Also, how difficult is it to reposition during the install if necessary?
Hmmm, well its only a 3m tape backing, so it shouldn't be too hard to remove down the road as long as you don't use the adhesive promoter that comes with it. The adhesive promoter is recommended for usage in areas such as around the vents, where moisture is prevalent.

As for repositioning, its not that hard as long as you don't let too much of the piece get attached. I think the key to positioning is to make sure that the bottom sections line up first (wish I had known that beforehand ). For instance, look at my pictures of the middle vent section. Its a little too high because I was lining it up from that top, and I didn't realize at the time that the top part can hardly be seen. I should have lined it up from the bottom instead, then I would have known to start flush with the bottom. The small gap on the bottom where it isn't quite low enough irks me a little.

Make sure you do the middle vent section first, then you can line up the two end pieces and have them all even.

If you plan on using the piece which covers the radio, eye it real good as you are laying the piece. I got mine slightly to the right and grabs my buttons on the left a little as i'm pressing them.
Old 10/6/07, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

The kit looks OK, but what the heck have you been doing in your passenger seat?

TIm
Old 10/6/07, 02:15 PM
Cobra R Member

That's probably mostly dirty oil from people's skin. Another reason why cloth sucks.
Old 10/6/07, 05:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
That's probably mostly dirty oil from people's skin. Another reason why cloth sucks.
Yeah, the cloth seats do suck, they stain way too easily. I have future plans to go with either the GT leather takeoffs or the custom seat covers that MRT sells.
Old 10/6/07, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I like it !!!
Different is good.

Quick Reply: I know everybody won't like this dash kit, but....