05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/04, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need some help working on picking out good quality 5x7 or 6x8 speakers for the door and rear deck. I already am waiting for the rest of my system to get here, check out these bad boys. The amp went on order today, and as soon as I hear anything about the EFX 12 being released, it will be on order as well.

My head unit (installed with sirius tuner/antennae)

My amp (pheonix gold)

The sub I will be getting

then again... maybe not... looking at phoenix gold octane-zr 12d2 as well
Old 12/18/04, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How good is phoenix gold? I've seen them for sale but I can't tell how well they are reveered? Is the quality good? From the link I couldn't tell what the RMS per channel is. I'm guessing the 5th channel is for the sub, which is perfect for this car. Do you know the RMS for the mono out too?

That's a crap load for the head unit. The only thing I would be concerned with is that the screen display isnt large enough to display multiple channels etc for the satellite. (like the seperate units do). I am thinking about getting the kenwood excelon 7015 (i think thats the number). It's a double din 6.5" LCD with satellite capabilities. You may want to look at that, even though it's a bit pricier. I think the bang for the buck would be better.

Thanks for the link to the sub box... does that $250 price include the sub itself or just the enclosure? If so, how good is that sub?
Old 12/18/04, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha... the web page asks for a crap load, check out 6th ave. price for it, I only paid about 218 for it.

as far as that first sub, I have no clue... the more I think about it, I might just have a custom enclosure made... but it can't be all that bad. It did win an award. HAHAHAHA

here's a better description of the amp
Old 12/19/04, 12:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I have Infinity Kappa 572.5CF's all around. Definately a good choice for my systems. Sound nice, clean, and clear.
Old 12/19/04, 01:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

You could do some JL's...I have the TR570 CXi's, which I really like, but I would bet that the XR or ZR series would sound great. And if you have money to blow, go with Focal speakers...from what I hear, they're well worth the money.
Old 12/22/04, 10:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those Scoshe subs are crummy. RMS on those is 60w if I remember correctly. That Phoenix Gold amp will blow it.

Assuming that sub is wired for 4ohm load...that amp will put out 150w rms/250w max. 2 ohm bumps it up to 250w rms/ 400w max.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/weisinator/com...x-gold/R905.htm

I think a JL 10w0-4 MIGHT work. But its peak power handling is 125w @ 4ohm. But, JL subs can go beyond what they are rated.

As far as speakers...i would look in to MB quart. That premium line (or even reference series) are great. And if you shop arround...you can find good prices. Plus, they can handle almost anything you throw at them (power wise).

I have been doing alot of research on systems for these 05 stangs. Work has been slow the last...oh...couple of months. :-)
Old 12/25/04, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by oatmeal@December 18, 2004, 4:20 PM
I am thinking about getting the kenwood excelon 7015 (i think thats the number). It's a double din 6.5" LCD with satellite capabilities. You may want to look at that, even though it's a bit pricier. I think the bang for the buck would be better.
i think you are talking about the DDX7015 it is the one made for the DD

here is the site

Kenwood USA
Old 12/25/04, 10:41 AM
GT Member

I can vouch for JL audio subs, IMO they are some of the best you can get. I ran a 10w3v2 in my truck and I have a 10w6v2 in my stang now, I can't praise it enough

I have Boston Acoustic SL80's in the doors and rear deck, they are component speakers put on a 5x7 plate, so the mid cone and tweeter are seperated and you get the clarity of a component speaker in a 5x7 enclosure.

Check it out.