05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

dynamating my rear deck

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/06, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Im in the process of putting dynamat in parts of the car that i didnt get chance to do. I need to put some on the rear deck but how do i remove the panel? Is there a pdf. file for this? I highly appreciate the help.
Old 2/16/06, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drtc @ February 16, 2006, 10:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Im in the process of putting dynamat in parts of the car that i didnt get chance to do. I need to put some on the rear deck but how do i remove the panel? Is there a pdf. file for this? I highly appreciate the help.
[/b][/quote]

I thought the rear deck was steel I didn't think it was removeable. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] Are you looking to remove the panels on the sides? They should just pop out. Held in by clips just like the sills.
Old 3/3/06, 07:59 AM
GT Member

I just put Dynamat Xtreme under the rear deck this past weekend. You can do it without removing anything. Just measure it out and do some stretches beforehand. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] To do it right you have to twist all around and climb in the trunk to get it perfect.

But the minimal effort it takes to do is SO worth it. I had replaced the stock 6x8s with some 4-way Pioneers a while ago. It sounded a little better... BUT after installing the Dynamat xtreme! WOW. Sounds incredible.... it is a MUST for anyone upgrading the rear deck speakers.

Good luck with it and take your time.
Old 3/3/06, 08:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05silverGT @ March 3, 2006, 7:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just put Dynamat Xtreme under the rear deck this past weekend. You can do it without removing anything. Just measure it out and do some stretches beforehand. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] To do it right you have to twist all around and climb in the trunk to get it perfect.

But the minimal effort it takes to do is SO worth it. I had replaced the stock 6x8s with some 4-way Pioneers a while ago. It sounded a little better... BUT after installing the Dynamat xtreme! WOW. Sounds incredible.... it is a MUST for anyone upgrading the rear deck speakers.

Good luck with it and take your time.
[/b][/quote]
Matt-
Can you post some pics of your Dynamat install and some details of where you exactly installed it?
Old 3/3/06, 09:38 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 9:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Matt-
Can you post some pics of your Dynamat install and some details of where you exactly installed it?
[/b][/quote]

Bill,
Will do. I'll take some pictures tonight.

Dynamat Xtreme Wedge Pack
http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_...wedge_pak.html

This is what I bought. I cut it into two pieces for each speaker. Covers about 85% of the deck. I cut out an oval for the speaker and made a few small cuts so it fit snug and surrounded the perimeter of the 6x8 perfectly. Make sure you keep the wire connectors uncovered so you can remove the speaker if you have to later. Then you gotta press it on real good. It will mold perfectly to the contours of the deck.

THEN you can use the scraps to fix any rattles in the rest of the car. I had a noise coming from my driver side door window switch. I placed some small pieces of Dynamat on the flat surfaces inside the switch cover and surrounding area. Problem solved. Can turn the stereo all the way up with no annoying rattles.

I LOVE the stuff.
Old 3/3/06, 12:10 PM
GT Member

ok just cuz I love you guys....

Old 3/3/06, 12:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05silverGT @ March 3, 2006, 11:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ok just cuz I love you guys....
[/b][/quote]
Looks great! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Is this whats typically required to isolate a sub in the trunk from rattling like crazy (like I see so many import cars do)?
Old 3/9/06, 11:25 PM
GT Member

yep
Old 6/6/06, 06:36 AM
Cobra Member

Two questions:

1. Is Dynamat (or Raam BXT) suitable also for deadening road/exhaust noise?

2. (to "drtc") What areas have you covered and how much material did you use?

Thanks!
Old 6/6/06, 09:34 PM
V6 Member

1: absolutely

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Old 6/6/06, 11:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Louie
Two questions:

1. Is Dynamat (or Raam BXT) suitable also for deadening road/exhaust noise?

2. (to "drtc") What areas have you covered and how much material did you use?

Thanks!
You bet it is. I reciently completed the trunk and under the rear seat. Night and day difference in exhaust noise levels in the cabin. I still want to do the floor pan, firewall, and doors. Just haven't had the time.

It took about 40 sqft to do what I have done so far.
Old 6/7/06, 06:08 PM
V6 Member

how much dynomat would it take to do the whole car?just floor pans and trunk.just want to know how much to order.thanks
Old 6/7/06, 06:41 PM
V6 Member

I had a combo of dynamat, dynamat extreme (i would never purchase dynamat again btw- far too expensive given the cheaper and better alternatives) and raam mat in my 98...so Im not really sure how much i used. I would say that it probably worked out to around one full roll of raam mat...but..thats a very rough guess.

if you're interested in raam mat, shoot rick an email, he may well know how much you'll need. www.raamaudio.com hes always very very helpful.

(after much thought, i went with raam mat again on this car...it was between that and damplifier)

edit: just realized that you dont seem to be planning on doing the doors (which I would recommend doing). If you really dont do them, one roll of raam mat should do you...
Old 6/11/06, 08:08 PM
GT Member

I did my rear deck this weekend. 05silverGT was right, it made a huge difference in sound quality from the rear speakers. It was well worth the effort, even though my neck and back is sore today. I wound up folding down the rear seats and laying through the opening to get a better view and better leverage. Door panels are next.......
Old 6/12/06, 01:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by parrotheadGT
I did my rear deck this weekend. 05silverGT was right, it made a huge difference in sound quality from the rear speakers. It was well worth the effort, even though my neck and back is sore today. I wound up folding down the rear seats and laying through the opening to get a better view and better leverage. Door panels are next.......
Did you use the same Dynamat wedge pack?
Old 6/12/06, 03:40 PM
Cobra Member

I'll be using Second Skin and e-Dead on mine (whichever I can get the best price on when I get ready to do it in a few weeks). I'm going to do a layer of liquid on nearly everything, and use the lightweight butyll-based stuff on the floor areas. I'm trying to do it right AND keep weight down- really tough trade-offs.
Old 6/12/06, 07:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by evilernie
Did you use the same Dynamat wedge pack?
It actually took 3 wedges packs......I think I'll try the damplifier pro for the doors and front floor pans.....I went with the Dynamat because that's what they had at Bestbuy, but it is so expensive!
Old 6/13/06, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

dynamat is much cheaper on ebay, about the same as damplifier.
Old 6/13/06, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

just an FYI: dont forget to factor in shipping when comparing prices. a lot of these companies/sellers like to advertise a low price and then charge more than the difference in shipping.
Old 6/13/06, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rash
dynamat is much cheaper on ebay, about the same as damplifier.
Does anyone know if Damplifier is available anywhere other than online?

Quick Reply: dynamating my rear deck