05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Does anyone know of a stereo installer

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/05 | 05:03 PM
V6 Member

....bypass the emergency brake thingamajob that won't allow me to play DVDs on my radio that can play DVDs? Most of the folks say they won't do it for me....I know someone will somewhere....I just have to find them!
Old 5/24/05 | 06:32 PM
GT Member

I don't know anyplace but I would suggest going down to your local car shows and talking to different people about the stereo equipment. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who installs equipment on the side, like at their home. These people should have no problem doing whatever you ask to do.
Old 5/24/05 | 07:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Your radio plays DVDs? Do you have like a million MP3s burned on them or something?
Old 5/24/05 | 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a local guy gimme the same line "NO!". Im still waiting for my deck to arrive in the mail and I guess I'll just see about grounding the cable vice connecting it to the e-brake. I dont get these people, ya know they will install a stereo that is clearly in violation of the sound ordinance, but they wont install a dvd playa? I think as long as they say hey its illegal if you drive and watch it should be fine.
Old 5/24/05 | 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

The problem is that they can be sued for installing equiptment like that, and there are always idiots who will sue them saying that they didnt know or some crap like that. So most installers will just avoid the whole situation.
Old 5/27/05 | 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by billyclo@May 24, 2005, 7:06 PM
....bypass the emergency brake thingamajob that won't allow me to play DVDs on my radio that can play DVDs? Most of the folks say they won't do it for me....I know someone will somewhere....I just have to find them!
I dunno what headunit you have. I just installed my JVC KD-AVX1. It just had one lead coming from the harness that was to go to the emergency brake. Instead of wiring it there I ran it to inner bolt connecting my drivers side seat to the floor board. Works like a champ.
Old 5/28/05 | 07:07 AM
Cobra Member

Exactly. Run the wire that goes to the E-brake directly to a ground. Done. Simple as that
Old 5/31/05 | 03:36 PM
V6 Member

In most states it is illegal to install a VIDEO ENTERTAINMENT screen in the view of the driver. INFORMATIONAL displays are legal. Generally this means that you can use a screen to display information. Navigation is considered to be information, not entertainment.

The operative term here is the verb INSTALL. When the installer modifies the unit he has commited a crime. If you are in an accident, because you were watching a video, your eagle eyed attorney is going to say that they resaon you were able to do so was because of the evil installer. The installer will be charged with the illegal act, and found guilty. You can not make something you desire legal by accepting the responsibility so don't even suggest that sort of sillyness. Once the installer is found to be guilty of this offense, then the question of negligence is already decided. The only thing to be settled is the question of "how much". This is a question that lawyers truely love to answer.

A lot of installers have done a lot of installs that they now regret.
Old 5/31/05 | 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly. That's why I made information available to him. I am not guilty of anything in the eyes of the law, and if he wants to hook up his player, more power to him. NOW, soapbox time. WHY IN THE heck WOULD YOU WANT A SCREEN TO BE PLAYING WHILE DRIVING?!!!!!! Watch the road. I know if I am ever hit by some doofus who's talking on the phone or watching a freaking movie, they're going to wish that the wreck had killed them.
Old 5/31/05 | 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

So that we wont have to talk to our passengers. Actually music DVDs are the only ones I plan on having in the car.