05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

billet shifter trim

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/06 | 04:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

i was searching around on ebay for billet parts for the stang and when i clicked on this shifter ball i noticed the billet trim ring around the shifter and was wondering if anyone knew who selld these and were to find a better pic or more info
Old 1/4/06 | 10:23 AM
Queen Of Nascar

UPR Its under new products. Cost is $84.99

http://www.uprproducts.com/2005%2Bmustang.asp

If you order from them, here is the discount code for a 10% discount in January.

HNY06
Old 1/4/06 | 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

**WARNING**

Product Requires DRILLING!!!

I got off the phone with UPR about the product, the bezel requires drilling through the shifter boot and CENTER CONSOLE! Line the bezel up in around the shifter and drill where the holes are on the bezel!!!

No silicone adhesive on this product, this product is exactly like the pedal covers!
Old 1/5/06 | 07:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

$85?! Are they on crack? Sheesh..oh and they'll probably charge $8 or $9 to ship it, considering how huge and heavy it must be
Old 1/5/06 | 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by MTAS@January 5, 2006, 10:34 AM
$85?! Are they on crack? Sheesh..oh and they'll probably charge $8 or $9 to ship it, considering how huge and heavy it must be

$8.50 shipping, depending on where you live. I asked them that too. Add $15 if you want it polsiehd!
Old 1/5/06 | 08:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@January 5, 2006, 9:58 AM
$8.50 shipping, depending on where you live. I asked them that too. Add $15 if you want it polsiehd!
Well if it's any consolation, any of you FL people who want any UPR parts - hit either the FFW in Orlando or NMRA in Bradenton in March. UPR has a tent set up and you can buy their wares at discounted prices and no shipping.
Old 1/5/06 | 09:15 AM
Cobra Member

Wow....that thing is kinda fugly. Looks completely out of place on a console. Now in a floor pan in a hot rod, maybe yea, but on top of a console in a nice car. Sorry. Does nothing for me. Another case of too much billet gone bad
Old 1/5/06 | 09:19 AM
I Have No Life

Originally posted by hawgman@January 5, 2006, 12:18 PM
Wow....that thing is kinda fugly. Looks completely out of place on a console. Now in a floor pan in a hot rod, maybe yea, but on top of a console in a nice car. Sorry. Does nothing for me. Another case of too much billet gone bad
Completely agree with ya. There are too many things coming out for the interior that just look out of place.
Old 1/5/06 | 04:07 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by MTAS@January 5, 2006, 10:08 AM
Well if it's any consolation, any of you FL people who want any UPR parts - hit either the FFW in Orlando or NMRA in Bradenton in March. UPR has a tent set up and you can buy their wares at discounted prices and no shipping.

That is so true. I have a hard time buying anything from them online anymore after paying the prices at FFW. Much better pricing at the vendor tent.
Old 1/5/06 | 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm hoping MGW surprises us with their interpretation of the bezel. I didn't like any of the E-brake levers I had seen, but the MGW one is a great design! Hoping they can do a cool looking shift bezel.
Old 1/11/06 | 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I also hope MGW comes out with a shifter bezel. I have the e-brake handle from them and love it. Anyway, before I saw this post I bought the UPR bezel. When it first came I hated it. The edges were sharp (I actually cut my self), it was extremely easy to get finger prints on it, and it's way expensive. So, as a last ditch effort I took some steel wool to it. I brushed in the direction of the long angle, then covered that part with tape and brushed the shorter sides in the short direction. When I was finished it came out quite nice! Almost looks like 4 pieces. Also you don't really have to drill and screw it in if you don't want to. It sort of snaps into place. I'm really against drilling through the leather of the boot. I'm thinking of adding some double sided tape or something just to make it a little more permanent.

[update: I did add double sided tape and also hack-sawed off the ends of the bolts and glued them in the holes. Now the bezel looks like it's bolted down but it's really not]

Anyway, if MGW comes out with one I'll definitely buy it and I really hope they do. But I like this one for now better than not having one at all. I just really thought that where the boot meets the console was missing something. But if you're in doubt, don't buy it. It's not super great, but I like it.

Oh, and I also have the UPR pedals.. which I absolutely LOVE. Easy install, yes there's drilling but I think they look great.. almost look stock!
Attached Thumbnails billet shifter trim-upr_shifterbezel.jpg   billet shifter trim-upr_pedals.jpg  
Old 1/12/06 | 09:03 PM
GT Member

Billet and Axcrylic has one. www.billetandacrylic.com. He does not have it listed on his site but I am getting it in satin with a fuse box cover plate for $60. Polished is the same cost. I should have it Saturday and i will post pics.

Tom makes great products. I have a lot of his stuff on my Ram. Here are some pics of his ram stuff on my Ram.

Rear Cup Holder

HVAC plate with *****

Speaker Rings and switch plate

Power seat switch cover