05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Best way to hook Sirius into the Shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/07, 11:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to hook Sirius into the Shaker 500

I've had my Sirius for almost a year now, and I love it. I've been using the FM modulator that comes with the head unit to play it though the radio, but the sound quality could be better. I was waiting to see if someone came out with direct iPod connection for the radio (controlling though it), but that doesn't seem like thats going to happen or the products leave alot to be desired...so I tossed out that requirement...so what the best way/cheapest way to hard-wire my current Sirius head unit to the Radio?
Old 2/23/07, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

i forget the manufacturer, but there is one that makes an adaptor for the aux to turn into RCA jacks. then you could run a mini to rca cable and have your sirius that way.

its probably marketed as an ipod adaptor, but will work fine
Old 2/23/07, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

pie adapter
Old 2/23/07, 04:22 PM
Cobra R Member

havent heard any good things about any of the adapters, some causing battery drain, others stop working etc. If you plan on having it forever do the factory install. Just add the sirius receiver in trunk, add the factory antenna or use the regular one that comes with the kit and put it on your back deck area like most have, then plug in harness and wallah, factory sirius through the headunit, no additional junk in the way. good luck with whatever you decide, but like I said the peripheral, and pie adapter I believe have both had problems, at least from all the comments on here that I have heard. good luck

P.S. Are great ford guy, KC can hook you up I am sure.
Old 2/23/07, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

go for the PIE adapter. I installed mine 2 weeks after I got the car and never looked back. You can plug anything into the stereo via RCA jack (ipod, satellite radio, portable dvd player). Ive had my XM and Ipod hooked into it and the sound quality is near perfect. Ofcorse unless you have a direction connection into your ipod through the data plug, it isnt going to be CD quality, but in all honesty, your ears cannot tell the difference.
Old 2/24/07, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

slipnotovk--
I assume you have the version 2 PIE Adapter? I've heard that the latest version eliminates the electrical gremlins that have occured with the earlier PIE versions...
Old 2/24/07, 07:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check this out .. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...ayphotohosting

I put this under my passenger seat, the antenna on the rear parcel shelf
(right in the middle) and the unit plugs right into the back of the Shaker head unit. Now I have Sirius right through my Shaker 1000
'Aux' button.

Works great and reception is great. Highly recommend!
Old 2/24/07, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Really? PM sent!
Old 2/24/07, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by zonasvt
slipnotovk--
I assume you have the version 2 PIE Adapter? I've heard that the latest version eliminates the electrical gremlins that have occured with the earlier PIE versions...
i assume so. ive never had a problem with it until i installed my CAI (removed the negative battery terminal). when i tried it after the install was done, it said no AUX. so i just removed the terminal again, waited about 30 seconds for everything to reset, reattaced and ive never had a problem since.......knock on wood
Old 2/27/07, 07:45 AM
Cobra R Member

yes that is the factory sirius unit your showing a picture of. If you dont find it on ebay you can get it from are ford parts guy here KC. I did a complete install and write up write above this thread. good luck
Old 2/27/07, 03:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05SatinGT
Check this out .. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...ayphotohosting

I put this under my passenger seat, the antenna on the rear parcel shelf
(right in the middle) and the unit plugs right into the back of the Shaker head unit. Now I have Sirius right through my Shaker 1000
'Aux' button.

Works great and reception is great. Highly recommend!
05SatinGt, did that auction include the wiring harness to connect the radio to the sirius tuner. If not, what did you do

Basically, my question is: what it takes to get a *factory take-off* sirius unit to work with the Shaker 500.

I know you need the tuner and an antenna, but what wiring harness do you need to wire it to the AUX input.

Not to take business away from KC, but if I can do something "custom" with a take-off unit at half the price, I'd rather do that. I know KC's comes with everything, but the price is a little steep for me, and I don't know if it would work with my radio, as my ID isn't on his list (it's not listed in either the go or no-go section)

Also, I am considering this for an 07 F250 as well, which is the same basic setup.
Old 2/28/07, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
05SatinGt, did that auction include the wiring harness to connect the radio to the sirius tuner. If not, what did you do

Basically, my question is: what it takes to get a *factory take-off* sirius unit to work with the Shaker 500.

I know you need the tuner and an antenna, but what wiring harness do you need to wire it to the AUX input.

Not to take business away from KC, but if I can do something "custom" with a take-off unit at half the price, I'd rather do that. I know KC's comes with everything, but the price is a little steep for me, and I don't know if it would work with my radio, as my ID isn't on his list (it's not listed in either the go or no-go section)

Also, I am considering this for an 07 F250 as well, which is the same basic setup.
I bought it used from Ebay and it included the wiring harness. I would not buy it if the wiring harness is not included. Also, it has to be a unit that says it works with the 'Aux' button. Just plug and play.