05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Aux input this way?

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/05, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok here is a wiring diagram from another site and a picture from this board.

There is a possibility for aux input. Once it's not 20 degrees outside or I can find a warm garage I am going to pull the stereo and blow things up trying to get my XM working. The only thing I am leary about is the trigger voltage to get the radio to understand there is an aux signal.

Any info help tips hints ect. would be nice. What I really hope to find is the factory plug that plugs into this plug - even if it's just bare wires coming out of the plug. That way I can remount the radio and just play with these bare wires...

Plug J4 is the one I am talking about. Wish me luck.

credit goes to yandall on allmustang forums for getting this diagram from delphi. wanted to give proper credit.
Old 1/17/05, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

hope it works..anxiously wanting to hook up sirius!..thanks for the effort and please let us know if you make any headway
Old 1/17/05, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

There might be a clue by looking at the wiring diagrams for a Freestyle equipped with the rear seat DVD player.

There must be a cable that connects the DVD player to the corporate radio head which must have the same auxillary input connector. You could order that one from the dealer and adapt it.

Fortunately this diagram implies a single logic input to allow the radio to detect the presence of an auxilary device. I was afraid it had a digital control input (serial data) like the older remote CD changers used. That would have required a special protocol adapter box from one of the specialty suppliers.
Old 1/18/05, 01:06 PM

Yea I saw there was a 8 pin lincoln adapter that passes digital control... doesn't appear to be the same shape or anything. I think it will be simple logic just because there were no allowances made for a cd changer.

I am hoping to find more info... I think it may be the same as the Ford 500 input cable. The 500 boards are having the same discussions we are having.
Old 1/18/05, 02:46 PM

I found this info about Ipods and Factory Car Adapters. Here is the link.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PACAUXPOD

The other company I have been asking info from is this one.

www.mp3yourcar.com

They do not have any answers to the Shaker system as of now.

I hope there is a simple solution to this matter.
Old 1/18/05, 02:51 PM

I forgot to add this one that I just found. It is an 8-Pin adapter like the J4 plug on the far right. Do you think this would work?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLAAUX1RCA
Old 1/19/05, 02:17 PM

Pins are different I think, sorry.
From the picture it's three rows tall instead of two... but getting closer!

Would work on it tomorrow (have off) but snow hit so it's too cold out in the parking lot.

Side note: LOVE THE TRACTION CONTROL AND ANTILOCK BRAKES!!! glad I chose those options over the color I wanted.
Old 1/26/05, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by originalplaid@January 19, 2005, 3:20 PM
Pins are different I think, sorry.
From the picture it's three rows tall instead of two... but getting closer!

Would work on it tomorrow (have off) but snow hit so it's too cold out in the parking lot.

Side note: LOVE THE TRACTION CONTROL AND ANTILOCK BRAKES!!! glad I chose those options over the color I wanted.
I will be curious to hear how this goes. I just bought the Roady2 and would like to use the Aux input for it.
Old 2/13/05, 10:34 PM
V6 Member

So will this cable harness work:

http://www.installer-data.com/item/display...hp?it=71-5520-1

Looking at that 8 pin on the right I'd say yes it will. And having worked with other 'enables' (see pinouts above, the reason AUX doesn't activiate is because it doesn't sense a valid device, the enable wire tells the system something is there) before, I'd guess that you simply ground J4 pin 4 and the aux button will work. This grounding of a device is very common - in fact that is how most cellular audio mutes activiate.

I wish I would have a warm garage to work on this then I'd try it - please someone with the shop and time let us know if this will work. I'd bet it will.

Peet
Old 2/14/05, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

????? anybody try this
Old 2/17/05, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by peet@February 13, 2005, 11:37 PM
So will this cable harness work:

http://www.installer-data.com/item/display...hp?it=71-5520-1

Looking at that 8 pin on the right I'd say yes it will. And having worked with other 'enables' (see pinouts above, the reason AUX doesn't activiate is because it doesn't sense a valid device, the enable wire tells the system something is there) before, I'd guess that you simply ground J4 pin 4 and the aux button will work. This grounding of a device is very common - in fact that is how most cellular audio mutes activiate.

I wish I would have a warm garage to work on this then I'd try it - please someone with the shop and time let us know if this will work. I'd bet it will.

Peet
Looks like J3 has the singnal inputs for all expected AUX devices
J4 AUX enable sense pin 4 would likely enable the AUX input
Could the + and - pins on J4 just be the power for the aux module?????
Like hands free? or RCA jack like interface?
Old 2/17/05, 10:58 AM
Cobra Member

Hey guys I had heard that the '05 F150 harness would fit the '05 Stang - anyone verify this? Also, the Harness part number on the schematic above - can we order directly from Ford?
Old 2/17/05, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@February 17, 2005, 12:01 PM
Hey guys I had heard that the '05 F150 harness would fit the '05 Stang - anyone verify this? Also, the Harness part number on the schematic above - can we order directly from Ford?
I also have an '04 F-150 with the Audiophile system and I'm still suffering through FM modulation with my XM Commander. The harness may fit, but there is no direct connect adapter available for the AUX input that I know of. If there is, I'm all over it! Twice!! The boys over on F150online.com have been racking their brains for over a year trying to find a direct connect adapter for the AUX input on these things. Nothing has come of it that I know of. Maybe it slipped by while I was napping.
Old 2/17/05, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

I just got a response from FordPartsNetwork and he is telling me that the numbers on the schematic are not Ford part numbers and therefore cannot help me........ :bang: ......darn I really want to get my XM installed via the AUX function -why in the heck did Ford include that button - just to raise false hope??? Is it used for anything on the 1000????
Old 2/17/05, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@February 17, 2005, 5:05 PM
I just got a response from FordPartsNetwork and he is telling me that the numbers on the schematic are not Ford part numbers and therefore cannot help me........ :bang: ......darn I really want to get my XM installed via the AUX function -why in the heck did Ford include that button - just to raise false hope??? Is it used for anything on the 1000????
I'm with you. :bang:

I've been going through this frustration for a year and a half now, since getting my '04 F-150. Now that I have an '05 GT as well, that frustration has doubled. I'm not getting my hopes up. A lot of smart have been working on this for some time with no results that I'm aware of. This blows........
Old 2/17/05, 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

sure does...I really want to re-activate my sirius account using the AUX button on the shaker..%#@^!!!!!
Old 2/23/05, 06:00 PM
GT Member

Any updates on this latley?
Old 2/24/05, 04:50 PM

there was a connector just like that on a pioneer 600 series cd player that i had installed in my 95 Gt a couple of years ago. I think the aux plug itself is not uncommon but i think it is something that someone like pioneer would sell or maybe you can pick up at like best buy/circuit city/radio shack/frys? If all else fails you could spend the $28 and get the full wiring kit from

http://www.installer-data.com/item/d...p?it=71-5520-1

that would work.
Old 3/21/05, 08:18 PM

any progress??????????????????????
Old 3/23/05, 11:39 AM

guess not... =-(

Quick Reply: Aux input this way?