05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Autovation Racing Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/06, 01:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The postman just arrived with the pedal set for my '05 vert that i'd ordered from Autovation earlier in the week.

I am VERY impressed. These are exactly what I've been looking for, racing style aluminum pedals with a raised lip around the holes on the brake and clutch pedals to provide enhanced grip. The photo below doesn't really do justice to the look of these due to the flash, but here it is anyway:

[attachmentid=44880]

The brake, clutch and accelerator pedals are self explanatory. The one on the far left is a guard for the footrest area, the large plate at the bottom is a heel protector for the floormat.

I'll follow up with an installed photo as soon as I get a chance to put them in.
Old 2/10/06, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribing to this one. Does it match the IUP closely?
Old 2/10/06, 02:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ February 10, 2006, 3:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Subscribing to this one. Does it match the IUP closely?
[/b][/quote]

They'll fit in pretty darn well I think with IUP.
Old 2/10/06, 02:59 PM
Cobra Member

Hopefully it is just an illusion from the picture,and don't take this as though I am ******* your new pedals. But the edges look pretty rough. And the accelerator pedal looks like it was cut out with a jig saw. Like I said, hopefully it is just the picture.

I did take a look at the web site. They do look pretty descent on there. One thing I noticed though...how come the set for the +05 is $20 more than the 99-04's? Exact same amount of material. Nice of vendors to help out the new car owners [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 03:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawgman @ February 10, 2006, 5:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hopefully it is just an illusion from the picture,and don't take this as though I am ******* your new pedals. But the edges look pretty rough. And the accelerator pedal looks like it was cut out with a jig saw. Like I said, hopefully it is just the picture.

I did take a look at the web site. They do look pretty descent on there. One thing I noticed though...how come the set for the +05 is $20 more than the 99-04's? Exact same amount of material. Nice of vendors to help out the new car owners [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

It's just the picture. The pedals are very nicely finished.

The price difference is due to the size of the footrest plate I'm guessing. The one for the S197 is easily 5-6 times larger than the one for the previous generation. If you look at their website, the footrest piece for the previous gen is barely larger than the clutch or brake pedal, and smaller than the gas pedal. On the new one, this piece is very large. It is larger than the brake, clutch and gas pedals combined. The previous gen piece has just 6 machined holes with a raised edge for grip. The equivalent S197 piece has 21 of these.... More material, more machining, etc. I would have been surprised if the S197 set DIDN'T cost more

EDIT: Here's a better shot, with a real flash, not the poor quality built-in one on my digicam:

[attachmentid=44902]

See, no "jigsaw" involved [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to say these look very nice and substantially cheaper than the competision. I'm looking forward to some installed pics.
Old 2/10/06, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angry Irishman @ February 10, 2006, 10:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have to say these look very nice and substantially cheaper than the competision. I'm looking forward to some installed pics.
[/b][/quote]

I'll get some posted asap. We're getting hit with a foot of snow up in the Northeast tomorrow though, so it probably won't be 'til sometime next week [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ February 10, 2006, 10:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We're getting hit with a foot of snow up in the Northeast tomorrow though, [/b][/quote]

Yea I hope you get rid of all of that crap before I have to fly back to Boston on Monday.
Old 2/10/06, 10:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawgman @ February 11, 2006, 12:03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yea I hope you get rid of all of that crap before I have to fly back to Boston on Monday.
[/b][/quote]

I'll get the snow shovel out and do my best. What time are you arriving? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

"Supposed to" land at Logan at 2:30. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/13/06, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ February 10, 2006, 4:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's just the picture. The pedals are very nicely finished.

The price difference is due to the size of the footrest plate I'm guessing. The one for the S197 is easily 5-6 times larger than the one for the previous generation. If you look at their website, the footrest piece for the previous gen is barely larger than the clutch or brake pedal, and smaller than the gas pedal. On the new one, this piece is very large. It is larger than the brake, clutch and gas pedals combined. The previous gen piece has just 6 machined holes with a raised edge for grip. The equivalent S197 piece has 21 of these.... More material, more machining, etc. I would have been surprised if the S197 set DIDN'T cost more

EDIT: Here's a better shot, with a real flash, not the poor quality built-in one on my digicam:

[attachmentid=44902]

See, no "jigsaw" involved [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hi Paul. I was just looking for nice pedal covers for I didn't really like the Steeda ones and you sold me on these ones. I'm ordering a set right away. They look awsome.
BTW, I saw on the news the sh...load of crap that fell down on you this week-end. Just hope it doesn't get up here. Can't wait to get the car out.
Thanks again for sharing this post,
John.
Old 2/13/06, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just ordered the same ones! I'll post pics when installed.
Old 2/13/06, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluestang2go @ February 13, 2006, 10:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Paul. I was just looking for nice pedal covers for I didn't really like the Steeda ones and you sold me on these ones. I'm ordering a set right away. They look awsome.
BTW, I saw on the news the sh...load of crap that fell down on you this week-end. Just hope it doesn't get up here. Can't wait to get the car out.
Thanks again for sharing this post,
John.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, fortunately the white stuff was very dry and light....but there sure is a lot of it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]

Can't wait to get my set installed, but I don't see that happening before next weekend at the earliest
Old 2/16/06, 10:31 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ February 13, 2006, 7:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, fortunately the white stuff was very dry and light....but there sure is a lot of it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]

Can't wait to get my set installed, but I don't see that happening before next weekend at the earliest
[/b][/quote]

Well it ain't better in Montreal. But eventually this will be just another bad memory. Lolll. Can't wait to put those either but you should get 'em before me so post pics when you do,
Have a good one,
John
Old 2/17/06, 09:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluestang2go @ February 17, 2006, 12:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well it ain't better in Montreal. But eventually this will be just another bad memory. Lolll. Can't wait to put those either but you should get 'em before me so post pics when you do,
Have a good one,
John
[/b][/quote]

Will do.
Old 2/17/06, 02:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here's some shots of the pedals installed.

First the traditional "before" shot:

[attachmentid=45393]

Then "after"

[attachmentid=45395]

[attachmentid=45394]

Install was about what one would expect. Not horrible, but being a contortionist would have helped to get under the dash. The included instructions and tips were useful. The only minor snag was that the included screws were just a hair short for the thickness of the pedals for the 4 holes at the top of the brake and clutch. A simple $1.29 fix at Home Depot tho', no big deal.
Old 2/18/06, 04:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

looks good dude!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Mine came in yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get them in today and have pics up by tomorrow!
Old 2/18/06, 06:26 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ February 17, 2006, 3:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here's some shots of the pedals installed.

First the traditional "before" shot:

[attachmentid=45393]

Then "after"

[attachmentid=45395]

[attachmentid=45394]

Install was about what one would expect. Not horrible, but being a contortionist would have helped to get under the dash. The included instructions and tips were useful. The only minor snag was that the included screws were just a hair short for the thickness of the pedals for the 4 holes at the top of the brake and clutch. A simple $1.29 fix at Home Depot tho', no big deal.
[/b][/quote]

NICE!!!!!!!!! Very nice Paul. Now this (among other things) is the way a muscle car should come out of factory. Then again we all agree that for Ford to keep the price affordable on this car, they had to do away with alot of these little things and focus on what the heart and soul of a muscle car should be. Something GM will probably never understand.

Thanks for sharing your pics. Can't wait to get my set.
John
Old 2/18/06, 02:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Besides looking slick, these things actually work too...got out for a little test drive last night.

The grip is great on the brake and clutch (I didn't realize how bad the original rubber covers were, I knew this would be better, but it's a far greater improvement than I expected) and the dead pedal/foot rest make for a nice solid parking spot for one's left foot.

The best thing in my book, is that the gas pedal is perfect for heel-and-toe downshifts. I used to do a bit of autocross "back in the day" and know how to do this, but have always had cars where the pedal positions made it a challenge. With the Autovations on there, it's effortless for me to brake and give the throttle a blip simultaeously. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/18/06, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks very slick!

Quick Reply: Autovation Racing Pedals