05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Autovation pedal install help

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/07, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Autovation pedal install help

I just got my autovation pedals delivered yesterday, and plan on installing them this weekend. They're a little light on the details, but I think I can handle the installs alright.

My question is on the dead-pedal. They don't mention how to install this at all, does anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions? I plan on doing the installs this weekend, probably sunday.

Thanks guys.
Old 3/15/07, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jay,

I ended up taking my dead pedal out as when I depressed the clutch fully, my sole was catching on the dead pedal. I have a size 13 and it may not apply to you if you have a normal size foot or an auto tranny.

My suggestion would be to contact AutoVation if you need some specifics. I talked with Jeff Silva and he was great! I can't complain about anything with the quality of the product or how well they work. I have 14K miles on them and never a regret.

Maybe someone here has a better idea of what you will screw into if you go deeper into the carpet. Like I stated, once I saw my BAF hit it, I took it out.
Old 3/15/07, 05:21 PM

Thanks Shaun, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I've only got size 10's, hopefully I won't snag on it. I've seen a post on here about someone using a bracket for behind the carpet from another manufacturer, I'll search for that too.
Old 3/16/07, 06:28 PM

I have the same dead pedal from Autovation and since the cheap piece of foam acting as dead pedal is too soft when you put the screws in it will come loose. So what I did was I put the screws in to mark the holes in the foam, then I lifted the carpet got me 4 little white drywall anchors and I stuck them in the marked holes on the foam, replaced the carpet and now bolted the dead pedal to the anchors in the foam, problem solved, that pedal hasn't moved in 4 months.
Hope you find a solution.

Erik
Old 3/23/07, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by jayguy
I just got my autovation pedals delivered yesterday, and plan on installing them this weekend. They're a little light on the details, but I think I can handle the installs alright.

My question is on the dead-pedal. They don't mention how to install this at all, does anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions? I plan on doing the installs this weekend, probably sunday.

Thanks guys.
I have the same set. What I ended up doing was buying stainless machine screws and Tee nuts. The Tee nuts are used to add threads to soft materials (usually wood). They have little prongs that will hold in the carpet.

I think they are #8 screws, but I forget now. You can get both the screws and the Tee nuts at Home Depot or any similar place. Put the pedal in place, drill a hole through the carpet, and then push the Tee nuts through the back of the carpet and attach the pedal.
Old 3/23/07, 07:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just put a couple pieces of Velcro on the back and used longer screws, never moved since I did that.
When I first installed it using just the supplied screws I would hit it with my foot and knock it lose, but once I secured it better it hasn't been a problem.
Old 3/23/07, 10:17 AM

I actually only got 3 of the 3 screws needed, so I need new screws anyway. For the moment I've got it installed with those 3, just screwed into the carpet/foam block. Hasn't moved on me yet, but I like the idea of using the drywall anchors. I'll make a run to Lowes or Home Depot this weeked and get it all fixed up. I'm actually driving around now with both my clutch and brake pedals only held on with the bottom screw, couldn't get the drill in there to do the top two. I've got a new was to get at it, so I'll get that taken care of this weekend also. And pics, once all the screws are in.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Old 3/29/07, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here's a link to a custom DP build that uses drywall anchors as ricco333 suggests and contains pics:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...119#post829119