05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details

Hello,

I am thinking of installing an XM add on unit to my shaker system and was hoping my fellow Stang brothers and sisters would help me out.

Please post pics of your install and details as necessary. I am real curious as to where and how you mounted the display unit as there is not many places to put it.

Thanks for your help.

Bob
Old 7/28/06, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Bump...Bump...Bump
Old 7/28/06, 11:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here is my Roady 2 install....
Attachment 5829
I used the mount that came with it.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-p6190029.jpg  
Old 7/28/06, 12:06 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ralph has a Skyfi 2 in it....
Eleanor has an Audiovox somethin or other...Both ran through fm modulator and Plugged into the powerpoint.

Here are mine and his + Antennae
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-xm-001.jpg   Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-xm-002.jpg   Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-xm-003.jpg   Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-xm-004.jpg  
Old 7/28/06, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Roady2 Install

Originally Posted by Scott
Here is my Roady 2 install....
Attachment 5829
I used the mount that came with it.
Hi Scott,

Could you post some other close-ups showing just how your Roady2 is mounted. Is the mounting bracket attached to the dash somehow where there's a seam between the various plastic parts?

Thanks, Steve
Old 7/29/06, 10:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Attachment 5895
The mount came with the unit. It uses double sided tape and just sticks onto the dash. I have had it on there since Dec. with no problems.
I use the PIE adapter and AUX button for the interface and the antenna is on the trunk.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-p7290001.jpg  
Old 7/29/06, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Scott
Attachment 5895
The mount came with the unit. It uses double sided tape and just sticks onto the dash. I have had it on there since Dec. with no problems.
I use the PIE adapter and AUX button for the interface and the antenna is on the trunk.
Thanks Scott! I have a Roady2 and the PIE adapter that's been waiting to be installed for a long long time. I just wasn't sure where I was going to mount it. Your install looks simple and neat. Thanks again.

Steve
Old 7/31/06, 06:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Bro:

This is a great spot for the install - above the mirror on the glass- easy to see and eady to change the channel with out taking your eyes off the road. Plus you can see it from the outside - it's neat and clean up here - i use a PIE adaptor and I can switch off and use my ipod nano and clip it to the mirror if i like as well.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-img_1363.jpg  
Old 8/2/06, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roady XT Installation

Hi I use the roady XT since it is the smallest xm receiver. I wired the power plug into the center console power outlet under the arm rest and ran the wires up under the center console up behind the water fall panels. The receiver is mounted to the left waterfall panel located to the left of the radio unit and parellel to the computer display buttons. It is a very stock looking install and you have to look hard in my picture to notice it. Look through the opening in the steering wheel and you will see it.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket XM Installs ..Please Post Pics and Details-carshow8.jpg  
Old 8/2/06, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hide those wires!

I looked at the other peoples installs and it looks bad to have that gobble de gook of wires hanging out. Make sure and plug the adaptor in to the power outlet that is hidden in your armrest and pull up the center panel that surrounds the shifter and run it under there then behind the water fall panels that sit beside the center radio console. My install has no wires showing.
Old 8/2/06, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

No Wires

I agree as well.... my install has no wires showing - they all go stright up (above the mirror) and you see nothing after that. I also hard wired to the 12V center under the arm rest - nice and neat. No need to have all those wires all over the place.... a chop job if you ask me!