The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   07 AC Controls (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/07-ac-controls-447972/)

jim010 5/6/07 05:09 PM

Mustangfreak asked why you couldn't use the climate module out of an 05,06 in order to use the pull out knobs. It will fit just fine. I replaced my 05 module with that from an 07 and it plugged right in - all buttons work just fine. I did this to get the module with the heateed seat buttons to go with my after market heated seats.

Cheers

07 HOSS Mustang 5/6/07 06:07 PM

Hey Yankee, go frog giggin' for an hour or two and you'll feel better. Everthang works it's way out...............

jim010 5/6/07 09:03 PM

Hey Yankee, go frog giggin' for an hour or two and you'll feel better. Everthang works it's way out...............
??:dunno:

yankeemongiat 5/22/07 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jim010 (Post 910844)
??:dunno:

My Feelings Exactly ?????? :doh:

SilverHorse-----Racing 5/22/07 04:20 PM

Well, just as an update - it's been two weeks and the machine is now slated for Friday delivery... nothing ever goes as planned I see...

Software training was going on today, so when it arrives, hopefully we will quickly be able to get it up to speed without any painful "crashes" along the way.

The covers look nice ShowGT, no doubt about that, but I want to do a more "edgy" version - something that blends the look of the new car with the function of the knob - something I don't think anyone is really capturing yet. Just like the car's lines are a interpretation of the classic, I'm going to be looking to add that flair to our new knobs - we will see how it turns out soon enough :)

Alloy 07 RN 5/25/07 06:34 PM

Please keep us updated!
Thanks Marcello!

yankeemongiat 5/26/07 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dougxox (Post 910493)
I think those are just stamped sheet metal, the SHR will be one piece billit, IMHO SHR's will be better, I'll wait:nice:

I got my Covers today from Action Artistry.....these are not Chrome Plated Stamped Aluminum or Tin..... these are Billett Aluminum and triple Chromed....they look great too....and after I got to sleep for a few hours here....after a 14 hour shift....I will put them on....and post a picture or two of them today.....I think they were well worth the Cash..:lol:

Dougxox 5/26/07 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by yankeemongiat (Post 925613)
I got my Covers today from Action Artistry.....these are not Chrome Plated Stamped Aluminum or Tin..... these are Billett Aluminum and triple Chromed....they look great too....and after I got to sleep for a few hours here....after a 14 hour shift....I will put them on....and post a picture or two of them today.....I think they were well worth the Cash..:lol:

Are they covers or replacement knobs? I found them on Moss Mustang and it says they fit 05 thru 07:screwy: , I may be wrong but they may be covers:dunno: . I would like to see some photos before you install. If they are replacement knobs, great find!

ShowGT 5/26/07 11:10 AM

The knobs are covers, they fit quite nicely too. I done the headlamp knob and even with MGW on my HVAC panel, they look very similiar in style and design.

yankeemongiat 5/26/07 12:01 PM

8 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dougxox (Post 925621)
Are they covers or replacement knobs? I found them on Moss Mustang and it says they fit 05 thru 07:screwy: , I may be wrong but they may be covers:dunno: . I would like to see some photos before you install. If they are replacement knobs, great find!

I bought the Headlight and AC Knob Covers.....they are very nice quality....chrome looks great....fit was good and installation was a Breeze.....I bought them from WWW.LAURELMOUNTAINMUSTANG.COM

If any one out there is wanting a set of Knobs....not Covers for a 2005-2006 let me know....because I still have the ones I bought from www.brothersperformance.com that they would not take back....because I had them for too long.....waiting for a resolution to the Fitment problem.....let me know

These pictures are pretty low quality....so if you would like the full sized pic's....send me your email and I will send you the originals to veiw.....also if you want the 05-06 Knobs.....email me and I will send the Pic's of them

Alloy 07 RN 5/31/07 02:21 PM

Marcello, any updates on the arrival of the new machine?

SilverHorse-----Racing 5/31/07 06:03 PM

It's here - taking up space at the moment... installation (setup) is scheduled for tomorrow, then training next week on the operation. I'm thinking a couple more weeks before it's actually spitting out any chips, these things don't happen all that quick or go as smooth as I'd like, but they do go :)

In the meantime, I've been playing with the design a bit, I think I have something getting close to what I like....

Alloy 07 RN 5/31/07 08:50 PM

Thanks!
Any sneak peak pics? :dunno:

SilverHorse-----Racing 6/7/07 07:54 PM

Soon - we're loading up a couple "quickie" jobs to make some money to start that are a lot more complex than an A/C knob so that we can get the most from the training. When complete, we'll tool up and start spitting out the knobs like nobody's business. Pictures to follow of design prototypes when available.

bigmyke23 6/19/07 07:55 PM

Any updates to report?

SilverHorse-----Racing 6/19/07 08:16 PM

Design is finalized, program is being written now, should be running hopefully at least a few pieces by the end of the week. I'm going to visit a new plating shop tomorrow, so hopefully we can get them out soon after machining is done...

Trust me, looking at a 100k machine sitting idle does nothing for our business plan... :)

YardSpecial 6/23/07 08:57 AM

Thanks for the updates Marcello !!

SilverHorse-----Racing 6/23/07 11:28 AM

FYI, we finally have what I consider enough stock on them to offer the shifter bezels for the manual cars on our website. I know we've been filling orders over the phone, but the web store wouldn't allow the purchase because we couldn't get the inventory up... now we're close enough that the flood gates can be open :)

More soon - I hope that next week I can show you guys some A/C knob pictures - material is here to do about 125 sets...

302svt 6/23/07 02:05 PM

Thanks, cant wait to see them.

Alloy 07 RN 6/23/07 02:33 PM

+2 :nice: