05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Yet another Shelby Swap post

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/07, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Yet another Shelby Swap post

Hey Guys,

I'm a new poster, but long time reader, so take it easy on me

I'm going to be taking ownership of a 07 Grabber Orange Mustang GT shortly (just arrived at the dealership) and after browsing through multiple threads on the GT500 Front end Swap, I'm really interested in getting this done.

I'm looking at swapping the front bumper, and *maybe* the hood and rear wing.. all depends on how much $$ they are

I know we have a dealer who ships kits here on the site, but unfortunately i live in canada and that isn't an option for me. Plus after talking with my dealer, they are willing to do it and incorperate it into my "car payment".

Now, I've read the walkthroughs, and all the posts for everyone who's done it, i've seen the pictures. But nobody has any official required parts list..

I've seen 1 list, but i'm unsure if this is the proper list. See the attached Excel file. If someone could let me know if that's everything required or not? that'd be great, because if i get this done, i'll be ordering the parts, having them painted and installed by my local dealer.

Btw to everyone who's done the swap, i've looked at your cars and they are all gorgeous.

Thanks,

Mark
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Shelby GT500.xls (17.0 KB, 309 views)
Old 4/5/07, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got away using my old fender wells and just cutting a bit off the bottoms. The wiring you dont need either, we just made some connectors up and tapped them into the factory harness. Yeah its not a factory look but who cares, Are you going to rip your bumper off to show people how you wired your lights or are you going to use your fogs to light up th e road. The list is good and the real fun is installing it yourself, save the money on the install and put it towards other mods. Where in CANADA?
Old 4/5/07, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I got away using my old fender wells and just cutting a bit off the bottoms. The wiring you dont need either, we just made some connectors up and tapped them into the factory harness. Yeah its not a factory look but who cares, Are you going to rip your bumper off to show people how you wired your lights or are you going to use your fogs to light up th e road. The list is good and the real fun is installing it yourself, save the money on the install and put it towards other mods. Where in CANADA?

I'm in ottawa, ontario, just north of ogdensburgh (sp?) new york

Thanks for the info
Old 4/5/07, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking GT500 Excel Spreadsheet .....

Trust me its good - I put it together for all of you to use & enjoy!!
Here are the pics !
Old 4/6/07, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

I am from montreal I am just doing the conversion some parts are alot cheaper in USA and some alot cheaper in canada, I am just painting my stuff I will tell what it is like when I finish
Old 4/16/07, 12:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man, I just got your PM. I am in the middle of moving ot England so I apologise for getting back so slowly.

As far as your list it is good to go!!!! The install is easy and there are no "speacial parts" needed.

Enjoy man!
Jesse
Old 4/17/07, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON
Hey man, I just got your PM. I am in the middle of moving ot England so I apologise for getting back so slowly.

As far as your list it is good to go!!!! The install is easy and there are no "speacial parts" needed.

Enjoy man!
Jesse
Wow England!! Are you taking the Mustang with you?