The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Who wants an OEM-style blank GT grille? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/who-wants-oem-style-blank-gt-grille-440586/)

Louie 9/14/06 02:49 AM

Who wants an OEM-style blank GT grille?

2 Attachment(s)
The results of the poll will be submitted to SSE and other possible manufacturers, together with a request for this grille to be produced.
I've also attached a photo (thanks StangNut!) to get a better idea of the "blank" grille (the tribar pony is optional and could be added afterwards, of course).
Please vote!

LEO_06GT 9/14/06 03:03 AM

I vote for the making of one but I wouldn't buy it myself.

StangNut 9/14/06 07:41 AM

I think it's obvious which one I voted for. :-D

BTW, for anyone who knows I've been going back and forth with deciding on striping my car, IF I ever get a blank OE style GT grille, I swear I'll put the stripes on... probably before the grille even gets installed.

StangNut 9/14/06 07:53 AM

Something I forgot to add: (and you might want to put this in the first post, Louie)

This grille could be used for several applications.
If you don't like how close (or how far apart) the lights are on one of the center fog grilles, you can make your own with this grille and put them where ever you want.
If you want a V6 style grille for a GT, just add the pony.
If you want a GT style grille w/o the pony, just add the foglights.

MANY, MANY possibilities with a blank OE style GT grille.

Louie 9/14/06 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by StangNut
MANY, MANY possibilities with a blank OE style GT grille.

VERY VERY true!
I wanted to keep the post (and especially the poll) simple and clear, that's why I didn't include more options. The point is to raise enough interest in a "blank" GT grille, be it with or without fogs.
Let's hope that by this time next year we'll be able to order them! :nice:

SyNRG 9/14/06 09:12 AM

if someone makes this style of a grille, i may pass up the cervini grille, although i would like to see the OEM blank w/ the running horse (like the one in the pic). :nice: :nice: :nice:

StangNut 9/14/06 09:41 AM

That's something that could easily be added by the customer. :nice:
(which is exactly the way I would do mine)

05GT-O.C.D. 9/14/06 06:52 PM

I was wondering when Stangnut would show up in this poll.

:jester:

kkoch 9/15/06 12:08 AM

This is something I wanted for a while. Now that I have the center fog, I will stick with that.

StangNut 9/15/06 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I was wondering when Stangnut would show up in this poll.

:jester:

Aren't you surprised I didn't start the poll? :-D

StangNut 9/16/06 03:53 PM

So, Louie, when do you plan on forwarding this thread to the aftermarket?

Enyo 9/16/06 10:00 PM

I'm all for it, but I won't vote as there's no love for the 6.

I need one for a 6.

StangNut 9/16/06 10:06 PM

If SSE makes the GT grille, you know one for the 6 won't be far behind it. :nice:

bryanthomas 9/17/06 02:33 PM

Ok, so I'm new to the 05-07 Mustangs and I like the blank grille too. When I buy a GT it comes with the fog lights, which I'm not too kean on. The Shelby 500 grille pictured above won't fit with GT bumper? Sorry for the questions, but I just want to clear this up confusion I'm having.

BTW, even though I do not own an 05+ GT yet I still voted for the production of a blank grille.

StangNut 9/17/06 03:56 PM

10 Attachment(s)
You're right. The GT500 grille won't fit with the GT bumper.
However, assuming the picture you're talking about is the one in the first post, that's not the GT500 grille. It's a "doctored" photo to show what the stock honeycomb grille would look like w/o the foglights or the center pony. The front bumper in that pic just happens to be a Roush bumper w/o the standard Roush chin spoiler. That ones uses the stock grille so either way a stock style grille would would work.

Here are some pics of my own car with the Roush front bumper w/o the chin spoiler. (2 of them have been "photoshopped" to show the blank grille.

Thanks for the vote!

bryanthomas 9/17/06 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by StangNut
You're right. The GT500 grille won't fit with the GT bumper.
However, assuming the picture you're talking about is the one in the first post, that's not the GT500 grille. It's a "doctored" photo to show what the stock honeycomb grille would look like w/o the foglights or the center pony. The front bumper in that pic just happens to be a Roush bumper w/o the standard Roush chin spoiler. That ones uses the stock grille so either way a stock style grille would would work.

Here are some pics of my own car with the Roush front bumper w/o the chin spoiler. (2 of them have been "photoshopped" to show the blank grille.

Thanks for the vote!

Aha! Thanks for clearing that up Stang Nut! :nice: I too share the love of the blank grille like you do. The fogs are cool and all, but from the first time I saw a Shelby in person I thought, "It looks so much cleaner sans fog lights!" My personal taste for any car's styling is the "clean & simple" approach, or as some say "less is more." :yup:

StangNut 9/17/06 07:30 PM

I have nothing against the GT fog lights. In fact I like them for the fact they differentiate a GT from a V6. Unfortunately they're probably the easiest way to distiquish one from the other at a distance when you can only see the front.

I also want the blank grille for the "less is more" look as well as the '65 Shelby look.

Dougxox 9/17/06 08:45 PM

I am looking for a piece of grill to fit the lower section of the GT/CS. It is open and would like to close it off.

RAGE91169 9/18/06 10:40 PM

I just want to get rid of the fogs :):):):):) no realllly i hate them

StangNut 9/18/06 10:44 PM

That's exactly what this grille could do.
All you'd have to do is add the stock pony in the center (like a V6 grille). Heck, I have an extra one i'll give you if somone makes this grille! :-D

Yours is a great example for the aftermarket companies to look at. Two people who would normally buy two different grilles can use the same one to meet different needs.

There are plenty of people out there just like you who want a grille for their GT that looks like the V6 grille. Some want a little more of a sleeper or stealthy look while others just don't like the fog lights.

drakino 9/18/06 10:58 PM

I also dislike the fog lights on the GT enough to be willing to buy a blank grill to get rid of them.

StangNut 9/19/06 08:30 AM

That's one more. :-D

Louie 9/25/06 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by StangNut (Post 741844)
So, Louie, when do you plan on forwarding this thread to the aftermarket?

Sorry for the late reply, but I was on holiday in Egypt last week.
I'll try to contact some potential manufacturers tomorrow, because now I'd like to get some suggestions about who do you all think should be approached. So far, SSE is the 1st choice. Any others?

StangNut 9/25/06 09:09 AM

Stillen Motorsports, 3dCarbon, CDC, Legend from GEF Racing

I would even settle for one from KSR, but I think they're probably out of the new grille market. :rofl2:

Louie 9/26/06 04:02 AM

E-mails (incl. poll results & link) sent to SSE, CDC, GEFR, 3dC, Cervini's and BBR.

Now we wait...

StangNut 9/26/06 07:17 AM

And it's going to be a long wait. :(

I honestly think our best chance is with a start-up company that has little or no other products, but I have no idea who any of them are.

Cowtown 9/26/06 11:45 AM

I'm glad I'm not alone in my desire for a fogless OEM style grille. I am awaiting the black powdercoated billet grille from Blow By Racing which is about as close as I've found to a workable solution for me. I'd be down with one of these OEM style ones if there was some actual hope one was going to be made.

StangNut 10/11/06 02:25 PM

Bump :-D

PIKE2244 10/11/06 07:21 PM

I would also be in for a blank grille.

Little Black Pony 10/11/06 07:43 PM

Looks like Ford racing has a "blank" grill on the FR500GT. Have no idea how you could order one though...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/IMAGE...pg_FR500GT.jpg

:nice:

StangNut 10/11/06 07:57 PM

Great find, Steve. Hard to tell if it's just a V6 grille in a GT fascia though. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having the gaps that gives you since it's just a race car. :dunno:
Time to do some research. :nice:

StangNut 10/11/06 08:21 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Found a few more pics.
I'm SOOO tempted to try a V6 grille again. Wish I had one I could "borrow" from someone just for the test fit. Removing just the pony is a lot easier then the pony AND huge fog lights. Who knows, maybe after all the headaches I've been through, the gaps wouldn't look as big now. :-D

Louie 10/12/06 06:39 AM

No news from potential manufacturers of a OEM-style blank GT grille (i.e. NO fogs and NO pony). Come on, people, how hard is it to at least give us a price estimate?

The FR500GT's grille could indeed be a V6 grille, but it's still not what "we" are looking for, because it sports the center pony. Personally, I'm hoping for a GT honeycomb grille WITH fogs, but WITHOUT the pony, but that's because I'm going for a '69 Mach1 look. I've already replaced the GT fender and trunk lid badges with the tri-bar pony ones and I don't want my car to end up looking like a V6 (no offence, sixers!). However, a truly blank grille would also be greatly appreciated by many.

Little Black Pony 10/12/06 10:04 AM

From looking at this photo it might be a heavily modified V6 grill or a completely new part. The regular V6 grill mesh is blocked off about six inches on either side where as the FR500GT grill has completely open mesh all the way across. Also, you can kind of see how it fits in the bumper and it looks like there isn't any gaps. :nice:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...00GT_grill.jpg

PS. How do you guys make the tiny little thumbnail linkable photos?

StangNut 10/12/06 10:49 AM

After studying some close up pics, I'm pretty sure it's a modified V6 grille based on the size of the honeycombs. I'm basing that on where the pony sits in relation to some of the "columns" of honeycombs.
With that being said, just as Steve already pointed out, there don't seem to be any gaps on the sides. :wonder: That's exactly why I wish I could just do a quick swap to see if I was just being too picky back when I tried it. Who knows, maybe they evn changed it in '06 or '07 and made it's wider. :dunno:

StangNut 10/12/06 10:59 AM

Just called Ford Racing. They didn't know anything at all about the grille and they wouldn't give me any other way to contact anyone who might know something. Dead end. :(

Little Black Pony 10/12/06 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by StangNut (Post 758668)
Just called Ford Racing. They didn't know anything at all about the grille and they wouldn't give me any other way to contact anyone who might know something. Dead end. :(

Bummer, Jason. At least you gave it a good try!

Maybe Kevin from Clevparts might be able to get some info.

TMSBrad 10/12/06 11:42 AM

What if MRT made this grille where the pony could be black or chrome?

http://www.mrt-direct.com/Project%20...traight-on.jpg

http://www.mrt-direct.com/Project%20...front-view.jpg

http://www.mrt-direct.com/Project%20...-side-view.jpg

05retro 10/12/06 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by TheMustangSource (Post 758693)

Is that the grill that's gonna go on PSH?

TMSBrad 10/12/06 11:59 AM

If they ever make it! I think some requests from Mustang owners would go a long way to speeding up that process.

StangNut 10/12/06 12:58 PM

I remember seeing that grille, but I thought half of it was that solid strip at the top. :dunno:
Never understood why they put that there instead of making the whole grille like the bottom half.

Lose the pony so customers can put whatever pony they want, and where they'd want it, and it would be a great grille.

StillenMustang07 10/12/06 05:42 PM

Beleive me I'm watching this thread very closely. Producing a "blank" would not be tuff it's just the tooling cost that makes this a difficult part to give the go ahead.

Ghettobooty 10/12/06 07:02 PM

please make one!! for the v6 and gt!

StangNut 10/12/06 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07 (Post 758942)
Beleive me I'm watching this thread very closely. Producing a "blank" would not be tuff it's just the tooling cost that makes this a difficult part to give the go ahead.

Speak for yourself. You guys have all the fun equipment. All I have is a Dremel, some hacksaws, files, and some kind of industrial type glue. Believe me, it's tuff. :banghead:

:-D

Glad you're on it, Brian. :nice:

AFBLUE 10/12/06 09:47 PM

I read in a previous thread on here that the 2008 mustang might have a grille without fog lights (maybe it's just the Bullitt version that will have this one). If true, then maybe you can wait for an 08 grille.

LEO_06GT 10/13/06 02:02 AM

Is this what you've been looking for? Mustangdepot is selling it for $359. Part number KSR-215831P2.
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...r-215831p2.jpg

Here's the direct link.
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog2/Grills/grills.htm
:roses:

Louie 10/13/06 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 759137)
Is this what you've been looking for? Mustangdepot is selling it for $359. Part number KSR-215831P2.
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...r-215831p2.jpg

Here's the direct link.
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog2/Grills/grills.htm
:roses:

It's a big step in the right direction, although this is a V6 grille:

2005-Up Mustang 6 Cylinder High Flow GT Style Grill without Emblem Recess - 20% more openings for improved cooling! Direct replacement for the factory 6 Cylinder grill. Fog lamps and wiring harness included. These are all new, not re-worked GT grills.

Anybody wanna try it on a GT?

P.S.: $360 for a grille is way over what I'm willing to pay.

StangNut 10/13/06 07:56 AM

I'd pay that for a blank grille, but I'm sure I'm the only one who would. :-D

Louie 10/13/06 09:45 AM

I would too, if it were a GT grille.

StangNut 10/13/06 02:11 PM

Uh oh. Looks like I'm not the only one that's desperate. :-D

StangNut 10/17/06 02:31 PM

Anyone know anything about the MRT grille? Is that a strip along the top part of the grille or just something they added?

Louie 10/24/06 01:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I (temporarily) installed the SSE black chrome grille insert.
The weather has been crappy since, so the only pic I have so far is taken with my phone, but you get the idea:

Machine 10/24/06 03:36 PM

I voted option 1, but would like to see one with the option of mounting the fog lights on the INSIDE of the gril, for that sleeper look...

eat.the.rude 10/24/06 05:05 PM

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55374

PIKE2244 10/25/06 10:02 AM

Still hoping!!!

LEO_06GT 10/27/06 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Louie (Post 759140)
It's a big step in the right direction, although this is a V6 grille:

2005-Up Mustang 6 Cylinder High Flow GT Style Grill without Emblem Recess - 20% more openings for improved cooling! Direct replacement for the factory 6 Cylinder grill. Fog lamps and wiring harness included. These are all new, not re-worked GT grills.

Anybody wanna try it on a GT?

P.S.: $360 for a grille is way over what I'm willing to pay.

Why wouldn't it work?? The only difference between a gt and v6 front bumper is the bottom of it. The opening for the grill is still the same size.
For example this guy has V6 grill in his GT (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394752/3) so I think it would be safe to say the grill I posted earlier would fit a gt even though it says it's for a v6.

Louie 10/27/06 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 769048)
Why wouldn't it work?? The only difference between a gt and v6 front bumper is the bottom of it. The opening for the grill is still the same size.
For example this guy has V6 grill in his GT (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394752/3) so I think it would be safe to say the grill I posted earlier would fit a gt even though it says it's for a v6.

Well, it wouldn't be an exact fit. If you look at the pics of the car in your link, you can see that there is a 1/2 inch gap on either side between the grille and the bumper. Second, one would have to modify the bottom clips of a V6 grille to make it fit a GT bumper.

Also, I have (at least) 2 more issues with this grille:
1. The price. I don't need an extra pair of foglights with the grille.
2. The design. The foglights are located closer towards the center of the gille, compared to the stock GT grille.

Like I said before, it's not bad at all, but it still isn't quite what I'm looking for.

StangNut 10/28/06 06:41 AM

I agree Louie.
Also, the side tabs would be in different locations. You could make the bottom tabs work because of the extra tabs that are on the fascia, but you'd really have to rig something up to attatch it on the sides.
I saw that grille on MustangWorld, but there's no way to contact people on there so I'm glad he posted the cardomain pics. I left the guy a message because I'm still curious how he got it to fit like that. When I tried it, the gaps were a LOT bigger than his. :wonder:

And you're right. For that price, it better be a PERFECT fit.

LEO_06GT 10/31/06 01:50 PM

OK well here's another. Might want to contact Tokico and see where they got it from.
http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/a...4&galleryId=44

StangNut 10/31/06 02:11 PM

That's simply one of the cheap expanded metal grilles like SSE has. :bad:

Little Black Pony 10/31/06 03:26 PM

05stangkc just announced there is a Bullitt specific grill listed. Maybe it will be what everyone is hoping for.

read it here... http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55694

StangNut 10/31/06 05:04 PM

Hopefully it'll be that one on the Ford Racing SEMA car... assuming the honeycombs are just like the stock grille.
I won't get my hopes up until I see what it really looks like and it's available for sale. It would suck if we had to wait for the Bullitt to come out though. That's a long way off.

StangNut 10/31/06 10:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks to jayguy for this pic from SEMA. The Ford rep he talked to said the Ford Racing grille will be out next summer. (keeping my fingers crossed) It's definitely not made like the OEM grille. This one is a lot more open (maybe they'll throw in a set of hood pins with every grille purchashed :jester:) Also it's not the same texture. From how glossy it is, I'd guess it's pretty smooth.

Maybe it's time to change my avatar and signature back to what they used to be. :hmm:

StangNut 11/2/06 09:09 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Better pics.
The blank GT grille search is over... assuming they actually produce it.
Just throw a tri-bar pony on there to complete the look. :banana:

PIKE2244 11/2/06 09:14 AM

Jason, do you know if the Saleen grille fits the GT?

Louie 11/2/06 09:20 AM

So, Ford themselves realized the need for a blank GT grille and are about to produce it. I'm sure it will be featured on the SE's coming out in the next 2 years, i.e. Bullitt and Boss.
Personally I decided I want a grille with foglights but without the pony, so I guess I'll have to wait a couple more years to see if there'll be a Mach1 S197 with a '69 style grille.
Good luck Jason, I hope the blank grille hits the stores a.s.a.p.!

Louie 11/2/06 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by PIKE2244 (Post 772523)

I don't think it does.
If you look closely at the pictures you can see that the vertical "pillars" of the Saleen bumper are wider than stock to accomodate the foglights, yet the headlights are the same size, which leads me to believe that the grille is smaller.

http://www.autogespot.com/files/3e3c65b6_2.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...asonPort-5.jpg

PIKE2244 11/2/06 09:38 AM

Yeah, I see what you mean. Hopefully Crager will jump into the aftermarket scene soon, b/c in all honesty I prefer their grille over the saleen anyways. Plus, one could almost be guaranteed it would be cheaper than buying anything from saleen!

StangNut 11/2/06 10:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PIKE2244 (Post 772523)

No. Sorry. It doesn't fit. The grille opening in the Saleen Fascia is a LOT smaller then the GT.

StangNut 11/2/06 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Louie (Post 772528)
So, Ford themselves realized the need for a blank GT grille and are about to produce it. I'm sure it will be featured on the SE's coming out in the next 2 years, i.e. Bullitt and Boss.
Personally I decided I want a grille with foglights but without the pony, so I guess I'll have to wait a couple more years to see if there'll be a Mach1 S197 with a '69 style grille.
Good luck Jason, I hope the blank grille hits the stores a.s.a.p.!

You don't think you'd want to try just adding a set of lights to the blank grille?

Louie 11/2/06 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by StangNut (Post 772571)
You don't think you'd want to try just adding a set of lights to the blank grille?

Maybe behind the grille, but it still wouldn't be what I really want... :bad:
Like I said before, this is the look I'm going for:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...RedMach1-1.jpg

TMSBrad 11/3/06 09:42 AM

I'm trying to find out who makes this grille, seen at this year's SEMA show.

StangNut 11/3/06 11:11 AM

:woohoo:
That thing's popping up everywhere now. :-D
That makes 3 cars at SEMA that have that grille.

AFBLUE 11/3/06 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jason, not sure if you are saying that the above pix are the same as the OEM style one, but as you can see here, they aren't. This one has horizontal black bars.

StangNut 11/3/06 02:03 PM

Ah. Thanks, AFBLUE. Brad emailed me the pics and I just assumed it was the OEM style.
Oh well. At least it's on 2 of the SEMA cars. Now it just needs to be on mine. :jester:

Hey, anyone at SEMA want to make a rediculous offer for one of those grilles for me. :-D

TMSBrad 11/3/06 08:25 PM

It is the Shelby GT/GT-H grille painted black. Shelby will be producing this grille in black; it will be available at ShelbyAutos.com. More info as it becomes available!

http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/...helbyGT-10.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...damDavis-1.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time.../gt-h/GTH8.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time.../gt-h/GTH4.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time.../gt-h/GTH7.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time.../gt-h/GTH3.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time.../gt-h/GTH5.jpg

StangNut 11/3/06 08:29 PM

I hate how that grille is an overlay. It looks so cheap up close the way they cut out the pony. The one I saw also had the foglight rings cut out though.

Also, if they were going with that style the bars should have been farther apart. IMO, that look is WAY overdone and out of date. :bad:

Shelby would do MUCH better to use the new OEM style grille... assuming it ever gets made.

AFBLUE 11/3/06 09:15 PM

Well, it is 2 less bars than the Cervini. 13 vs 15 bars.

Too bad CDC has never brought their horizontal grille to market. It has 9 horizontal bars.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...12&postcount=9

TMSBrad 11/3/06 09:20 PM

No kidding Mark. That grille was sweet.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/hodmc05/05/19.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/hodmc05/05/28.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/hodmc05/05/31.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/hodmc05/05/29.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/hodmc05/05/30.jpg

StangNut 11/3/06 09:27 PM

I agree 100%. The CDC grille is the only billet style grille I would even consider putting my car.

Shelby should have gone for the look of a '66 since everything else was inspired by it.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...lackHertz2.jpg

Hmm. Amazing how much the body styles are alike. :jester:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...-h/NYAS-19.jpg
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...gt-h/GTH12.jpg

AFBLUE 11/4/06 07:46 AM

I think the CDC one would be the perfect choice for PSH.

Louie 11/4/06 09:11 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Louie (Post 766644)
I (temporarily) installed the SSE black chrome grille insert.
The weather has been crappy since, so the only pic I have so far is taken with my phone, but you get the idea:

Better pics (somewhat) of the SSE grille insert w/ foglight covers taken today:

PIKE2244 11/5/06 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TheMustangSource (Post 773335)
I'm trying to find out who makes this grille, seen at this year's SEMA show.

I was hoping someone could give me an idea of how they mounted the smaller foglights? Just curious how labor intensive the process would be?

Stang281 11/30/06 06:21 PM

Agent 47 has something... http://www.agentfortyseven.com/restyling/gt_grill.html

StangNut 11/30/06 07:35 PM

Looks as bad as the first grille SSE came out with. You know, the one made out of cheap, scrapyard, expanded metal. :puke:

RedDragon777 11/30/06 09:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fords own hand made this but i do not know if they will part with it lol

Louie 12/1/06 02:14 AM

Even Ford's new one leaves a lot to be desired, with its honeycomb holes so big that you'll be scraping cats and dogs off your radiator...

StangNut 12/1/06 08:40 AM

I'm thinking they're the original size, but there's no way to know for sure until I get my hands on one.

mwilson7 12/2/06 05:14 PM

The picture of the white Ford SEMA shows a grille with holes the same size as on the GT grille. This was already discussed earlier.

Louie 4/19/07 06:07 AM

:bump:

Why is it so hard for the aftermarket companies to make a GT honeycomb grille that keeps the foglights but removes the pony? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I know Agent47 has one, but I want the OEM look...

PIKE2244 4/19/07 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Louie (Post 895877)
:bump:

Why is it so hard for the aftermarket companies to make a GT honeycomb grille that keeps the foglights but removes the pony? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I know Agent47 has one, but I want the OEM look...

Second That!!!

kevinb120 4/19/07 11:38 AM

You would think someone would at least make a small adapter/filler piece that lets you use the V6 grille :dunno:

MELLOWYELLOW06 4/20/07 02:23 PM

A few pages back you had pictures of an FR500 and sounded like someone said its a V6 grill. It is a GT500 front end with the stock hood that has vents on top. That article in Road and Track with its photos really convinced me to do the front keeping my original hood.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...20_22_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...20_19_full.jpg

StangNut 7/24/07 05:47 PM

6 Attachment(s)
These pics are from the '08 accessories catalog.
One step closer to the blank grille. :metal:

nickpurcell 7/24/07 06:00 PM

that grille looks like it has a chrome outline, could that be the bullitt grille? its awesome!!!

StangNut 7/24/07 06:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Looks to me like it does. However, here's a pic from SEMA and there wasn't any chrome on that one.

And, yes. That's supposed to be the Bullitt grille.

BTW, here's the catalog:
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...Mustang_F5.pdf

PIKE2244 7/24/07 07:04 PM

I can't wait!!!!!

TorchRedStang 7/24/07 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by StangNut (Post 969910)
Looks to me like it does. However, here's a pic from SEMA and there wasn't any chrome on that one.

And, yes. That's supposed to be the Bullitt grille.

BTW, here's the catalog:
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...Mustang_F5.pdf

For some reason I cant open the catalog.
Do u know somewhere else I can see the new one?
Thanks

StangNut 7/24/07 09:34 PM

Do you have Adobe Reader for viewing pdf files?
www.adobe.com.

kkoch 7/25/07 06:47 AM

Just chiming in. I would love a blank OEM style grill, however I would want this if only there was a option for smaller fogs in the lower fascia, even if it was exclusive to the GT/CS fascia. I know Shelby is working on one, but I havent heard anything in a while and it seems to be a little pricey. If someone made a blank OEM grill with lower fog light kit I would snap it up in a jiffy.