05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Wheel Vintiques Billet Magnum 500's On

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/05, 06:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! I like how the mods complement each other.. the wheels, rocker stripe, black out panel.. all brings it together very nicely.
Old 7/13/05, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

You answered my question from months ago too, I had been looking at the 18's. AWESOME!!! They look great!!!!
You will love the alternative auto tune!!
Old 7/13/05, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

And I thought that only the factory GT Bullits would look good on this car... NICE. Not a huge fan of the other mods... I like the way the V6 rocker pannel looks, and the tape stripe isn't bad. The rest I could pass on, but I definately like the wheels. Nice catch!
Old 7/13/05, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

They look great, but are too small IMHO -- makes the car look huge and quite truck-like (especially with the black rockers).

As long as you are happy though...
Old 7/13/05, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Original Sin@July 12, 2005, 6:34 PM
Well here's a few pics of just about the final touch's for the old Legend Lime "GTA". I was really leary about ordering these, talked to Wheel Vintiques in California quite a few times but no one could offer up any pics or opinions on how they'd fit. Wanted to stick with 17x8's cause I couldn't afford new tires, plus keep the look closer to the '69 and up Magnums on the old Stangs. Size wise, they're 17x8's with a 5.75 backspace. The company told me 18's (in their current sizings) wouldn't fit right.

Well, you can see that they fit perfectly. Might not be what everyone's looking for but I wanted a classic look to go with the rest of the subtle retro badging, etc.

Also picked up a set of SS Inserts Billet fog light bezels but had to add a bit of chrome trim around the grill opening and around the rear lights to even things up between the wheels, grill and rear deck. The chrome trim is wheel well moulding from Canadian Tire (Pep Boys equivalent to you U.S. guys) and only a few bucks worth.

So just two more things to go......a visit to Alternative Auto in Michigan tomorrow for an SCT + C&L 93 tune for my sluggish auto tranny and finally my MRT side louvers which arrived today (after only 6 months of PATIENTLY waiting (not!!!) but need painting.

After that....I'm officially broke. See you Ontario guys soon (hopefully). Mark.

That car ROCKS!! Nice choice!
Old 7/13/05, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really like those wheels with legend lime, good choice
Old 7/13/05, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mark, those wheels are what I've been dying to see on the new Mustang since it was unveiled. My favorite Mustang since I was 6 was the 1970 Boss 302 with the Magnums, shaker hood, and Calypso Corral paint. That was the car my uncle had that got me obsessed with Mustangs as a kid. I can not believe how awesome (well, I can, but you know what I mean) those wheels look on your car. Both the cost and the upkeep, in my mind, are worth the look of having those wheels on that car. I know beyond a doubt, thanks to your pics, what wheels I will get for ANY form of the new Stang once I'm lucky enough to get one. Absolutely awesome. I almost got chills seeing your pics. :headbang: :w00t: :worship:

Now, if only I could see your wheels on this car, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown and go rob a bank to buy it now.....
Old 7/13/05, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And one more pic of my dream '05 that needs those wheels:
Old 7/13/05, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am hoping to start carrying these wheels at my shop soon. If anyone would like to get a set at a discounted price please let me know. This offer will only be good until the end of the month. If you are interested please IM me. I have to work out a few more details but we shouldn't have any problems offering these wheels in 18"s. That car looks great. Once again if you are interested please let me know.
Old 7/13/05, 05:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those wheels look awesome! Your car is by far the best looking 05 I have seen. I am completely serious about that statement. If there was a 1024x768 photo of your car it would be my desktop right now. I've been considering the tail light chrome trim and rear decklid letters, but were unsure how they would look on Legend Lime. You answered that question for me. The chrome around the grill looks great too. I am not so sure about the fog light bezels though.

I really wish I had the money to get those wheels. I am a poor college student though, so my mod budget is limited. I am considering the MRT louvers however. I can't wait to see them on your car.
Old 7/13/05, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StangerX@July 13, 2005, 6:59 AM
And I thought that only the factory GT Bullits would look good on this car... NICE. Not a huge fan of the other mods... I like the way the V6 rocker pannel looks, and the tape stripe isn't bad. The rest I could pass on, but I definately like the wheels. Nice catch!
Well Phil you'll be glad to know that the chrome fog light bezels are "OFF" now, courtesy of my questioning whether or not they looked good, and of course the opinion of my good buddy Jason (Stangnut) whom I respect to say what's honest. Without the bezels, the chrome strip around the edge of the grill opening looks awsome, real sublte whereas with the chrome fog bezels, it looked almost too much.

So THANKS for your thoughts, they've helped.

Mark.
Old 7/13/05, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by John H@July 13, 2005, 1:37 PM
Mark, those wheels are what I've been dying to see on the new Mustang since it was unveiled. My favorite Mustang since I was 6 was the 1970 Boss 302 with the Magnums, shaker hood, and Calypso Corral paint. That was the car my uncle had that got me obsessed with Mustangs as a kid. I can not believe how awesome (well, I can, but you know what I mean) those wheels look on your car. Both the cost and the upkeep, in my mind, are worth the look of having those wheels on that car. I know beyond a doubt, thanks to your pics, what wheels I will get for ANY form of the new Stang once I'm lucky enough to get one. Absolutely awesome. I almost got chills seeing your pics. :headbang: :w00t: :worship:

Now, if only I could see your wheels on this car, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown and go rob a bank to buy it now.....
So....I'm guessing....."John".....thanks buddy!!
Old 7/13/05, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sscobra@July 13, 2005, 4:48 PM
I am hoping to start carrying these wheels at my shop soon. If anyone would like to get a set at a discounted price please let me know. This offer will only be good until the end of the month. If you are interested please IM me. I have to work out a few more details but we shouldn't have any problems offering these wheels in 18"s. That car looks great. Once again if you are interested please let me know.
Well good luck - it'd be nice to see a few more 05's out there with some throw-back touches from the old days. Guess I'm a little late for the discount though?????
Old 7/13/05, 10:26 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Original Sin@July 13, 2005, 10:50 PM
Well Phil you'll be glad to know that the chrome fog light bezels are "OFF" now, courtesy of my questioning whether or not they looked good, and of course the opinion of my good buddy Jason (Stangnut) whom I respect to say what's honest. Without the bezels, the chrome strip around the edge of the grill opening looks awsome, real sublte whereas with the chrome fog bezels, it looked almost too much.

So THANKS for your thoughts, they've helped.

Mark.
PICS! PICS! Must see new pics!

Mark, you'll have to educate me on the comment you made about those wheels being used breifly in '65. (and quick... I can't have a hole in my Mustang knowledge! Especially '65.)

On a side note, I nominate you for MOST COURTEOUS TMS MEMEBR.
All those in favor?
Old 7/14/05, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@July 13, 2005, 10:29 PM
PICS! PICS! Must see new pics!

Mark, you'll have to educate me on the comment you made about those wheels being used breifly in '65. (and quick... I can't have a hole in my Mustang knowledge! Especially '65.)

On a side note, I nominate you for MOST COURTEOUS TMS MEMEBR.
All those in favor?
Oh, oh Jason, I screwed up, meant to say Magnums were used briefly in '66 so I stand corrected if that's what you were thinking. They came on the 66 GT350H(ertz), then went away until '69.

And here's the pic of my front end, all cleaned up without those gaudy chrome bezels. YOU WERE SO RIGHT, in person it looks particularly sharp with just the fake chrome trim around the grill and the bezels back to black. Thanks again!!!

Talk to you soon, I'm off to the paint shop with my MRT louvers, hopefully they'll be on by next week (which is also my target for moving into the poor house).

Mark.
Old 7/14/05, 12:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Markman...
AWSOME

Everytime I blink, something is added to the car.
Can't wait to see it.

Cool
Old 7/14/05, 11:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Those are by far the nicest rims I've seen on the 05.
Old 7/14/05, 11:23 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Mark,
You are completely correct. I forgot about the '66 Shelby. Thanks. The grille looks much better, BTW. :nice;
How much and where'd you get it... if you haven't already posted that.

PS I still think you should consider one of the newer stock Ford "silver" antennas.
Old 7/15/05, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I definately like the look without the fog bezels. Those wheels.... ooooh those wheels. Excellent choice. I really really have to question grabbing a set instead of the factory bullit take-off's. They're so sharp and clean.

Only problem... WAY more expensive. They'd be worth it though. Exquisite! Thanks for being the guinea pig and giving all of us the preview.
Old 7/19/05, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mark...the car is stunning! Thanks for posing the pics. I've seen the newer magnums on the '05, but not a proper looking magnum. It looks better than I had hoped. Also, I really like the black rocker panel. Really adds to the sporty look of the car, but in a very subtle way. Those are the best mods IMO...the ones that make you go "I really like how that car looks, but I'm not sure why." Nice job!

Quick Reply: Wheel Vintiques Billet Magnum 500's On