05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/07, 09:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think?

So I have my new hood on order(the GTS2) and I'd like to do strips. Do you think it would look stupid(or be stupid) if I have the strips on the hood painted and then use vinyl for the rest of the car until I could afford to have the rest painted?

I can't do vinyl on the hood since the middle of the ram air openings are much wider then I'd like the strips to be. I'd like to do a 1"-1.5" gap so thats why I thought to just paint the hood and get the gap I want and etc...

Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails What do you think?-gts-2.jpg  
Old 10/6/07, 09:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd just wait until you can afford to have it all done at once. The money you spend in vinyl will make up for the extra cost of the extra layer of clear on your hood. Besides, you'd benefit by having the extra layer of clear up front.

Either way - that hood is hotness.
Old 10/6/07, 09:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I'd just wait until you can afford to have it all done at once. The money you spend in vinyl will make up for the extra cost of the extra layer of clear on your hood. Besides, you'd benefit by having the extra layer of clear up front.

Either way - that hood is hotness.
Haha thanks. I cant wait to get it installed...
Old 10/7/07, 12:08 AM
Bullitt Member

how do you like hood?
Old 10/7/07, 04:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I highly, highly, highly recommend waiting until it can all be done at once. Don't waste money on vinyl if you know you are going to paint it down the road. Give us feedback on the trufiber hood. I'm getting the same one for the GT500 front fascia. Good luck!
Old 10/7/07, 04:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No hood yet. Wating for delievery. I'll deff have tons of pictures and my 2 cents
Old 10/8/07, 08:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me too.Being shipped around the 15th
Old 10/8/07, 08:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a math equation:

Me-Hood=Jealous
Old 10/8/07, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Me too.Being shipped around the 15th

That confirmed? Or just a guess from the 2 week first shipment wait Bruno e-mailed to us?

I'm cannot wait to get my hands on the hood. Now to collect money on the side of the street to finish this $$$ project. After this hood I'll be almost dont with my exterior mods to move into the interior.
Old 10/9/07, 06:55 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
That confirmed? Or just a guess from the 2 week first shipment wait Bruno e-mailed to us?

I'm cannot wait to get my hands on the hood. Now to collect money on the side of the street to finish this $$$ project. After this hood I'll be almost dont with my exterior mods to move into the interior.
Thats what Bruno said My exterior mods will be *HOPEFULLY* finished after slotted/drilled rotors and new tires. Still thinking about the chin spoiler for the Roush facsia I have.Some people love it and some hate it
Old 10/9/07, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thats what Bruno said My exterior mods will be *HOPEFULLY* finished after slotted/drilled rotors and new tires. Still thinking about the chin spoiler for the Roush facsia I have.Some people love it and some hate it
Well you've got more "information" then most of us on the shipment. I'm anxiously waiting to hear from him again.

Yeah, I'll prolly be getting new rotors and pads(I'd like a big brake kit though) a spoiler(no idea which) and I'd like to get the GT/CS rear bumper but money doesn't grow on trees.

Have you thought about going billet grill or agent 47 style grill? I'm worried the front will look soo busy with the new hood pony in the grill and foglights...
Old 10/9/07, 09:17 PM
GTR Member

Well you've got more "information" then most of us on the shipment. I'm anxiously waiting to hear from him again.

Yeah, I'll prolly be getting new rotors and pads(I'd like a big brake kit though) a spoiler(no idea which) and I'd like to get the GT/CS rear bumper but money doesn't grow on trees.

Have you thought about going billet grill
or agent 47 style grill? I'm worried the front will look soo busy with the new hood pony in the grill and foglights...
I've had Cervini's one for a year and a half nowNo longer have the Tinted headlite film as it messed up the plastic and I got sick of them anyway. My sig got messed up when I went to edit it so I said screw it and just left the performance mods.
Attached Thumbnails What do you think?-cimg0849.jpg   What do you think?-fof-show-4.jpg   What do you think?-cimg1258.jpg  
Old 10/10/07, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've had Cervini's one for a year and a half nowNo longer have the Tinted headlite film as it messed up the plastic and I got sick of them anyway. My sig got messed up when I went to edit it so I said screw it and just left the performance mods.
Looks real good. Do you miss the foglights? What I may do in order to save my bank account for the mean time is paint the silver pony black, or maybe like a chrome black finish.
Old 10/11/07, 11:11 AM
GTR Member

Looks real good.
Do you miss the foglights?
What I may do in order to save my bank account for the mean time is paint the silver pony black, or maybe like a chrome black finish.
Not since the Roush has fogs below