05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Web Electric Pony Corral?

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/07, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Web Electric Pony Corral?

Does anyone know if they still make these? I looked all over their site but couldn't find one. hmmm....
Old 8/15/07, 02:46 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know, but if you email Larry or call and leave a message, he will get back to you by tomorrow sometime.
Old 8/15/07, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Anyone have a pic of this, as I honestly have no clue what this is? Yes I know that was of no help at all
Old 8/15/07, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Anyone have a pic of this, as I honestly have no clue what this is? Yes I know that was of no help at all
The picture below is not my car, but the corral is the thing on the grille that goes around the pony and between the foglights.
Old 8/15/07, 03:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I already asked a couple of months ago, they have offically stopped production of these, apperently their supplier for the metal to make these has cranked up the price of the material and to keep making the peice with the new price would take the price of the corral into the $250 range where it used to be only $99
Old 8/15/07, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

**** that sucks...anyone have an extra laying around???
Old 8/15/07, 03:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I want one but they are hard to find
Old 8/15/07, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

This is made of plastic, not metal, so I'm not sure what went up in price, but it wasn't the metal as there is none.

-danny

PS. That's my car, and I've sold the corral and bezels :-)
Old 8/15/07, 03:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's definitely not metal. I saw on another board the other day, that these are actually made from the V6 pony package grill. They just cut the fog light bezels off. I don't know if it's true or not, but when I looked at some pictures, it looks the same. I'd have to see one in person to see if it has the clips. if so, it's just a pony package part.

I have it on my '07, btw.
Old 8/15/07, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
It's definitely not metal. I saw on another board the other day, that these are actually made from the V6 pony package grill. They just cut the fog light bezels off. I don't know if it's true or not, but when I looked at some pictures, it looks the same. I'd have to see one in person to see if it has the clips. if so, it's just a pony package part.

Im pretty sure the webelectric corral is not the same in any way as the pony package grille. For one I am almost positive I saw this corral for sale before the 06 pony packages ever even came out. And also I dont see how the clips would work since the honeycomb grille on the pony package and on the GT are different sizes. But then again I could be wrong on everything I just said...
Old 8/15/07, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

bass-turd

Old 8/15/07, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might be able to get some more corrals, this is how I done mine using a pony package corral from Ford.
Old 8/15/07, 06:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by S197 V6
Im pretty sure the webelectric corral is not the same in any way as the pony package grille. For one I am almost positive I saw this corral for sale before the 06 pony packages ever even came out. And also I dont see how the clips would work since the honeycomb grille on the pony package and on the GT are different sizes. But then again I could be wrong on everything I just said...
Well, I don't know about you, but the clips on mine didn't seem like they were really made for my grill. They went in the slots, but didn't really "clip" in like you would think they would. Then, Web Electric gave me two screws to put in the back, which looks like it was added on. When I heard the pony package thing, it completely makes sense. It's just a pony package grill with the fog bezels trimmmed off.

I'm going to check out a Ford dealer this weekend to confirm.
Old 8/15/07, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mustang GT's should run wild. Not be corralled.
Old 8/15/07, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I don't know about you, but the clips on mine didn't seem like they were really made for my grill. They went in the slots, but didn't really "clip" in like you would think they would. Then, Web Electric gave me two screws to put in the back, which looks like it was added on. When I heard the pony package thing, it completely makes sense. It's just a pony package grill with the fog bezels trimmmed off.

I'm going to check out a Ford dealer this weekend to confirm.
Maybe your right then, I dont know for sure and I was just taking an educated geuss. That would be interesting though it they were in fact using the pony package grille.
Old 8/15/07, 09:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

this is the e-mail i got from them and most of what i said comes from what i would think the price would be, here is the e-mail

Sorry, but we no longer produce them. The raw material costs went up
too
high to justify keeping the product.

http://mustangsunlimited.com is one of our resellers. They may have a
few
left.

-L
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Old 8/15/07, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

They were simply the Ford V6 corral with the fog light bezel cut off. I made a few of them, for friends and family cars. Used JB WELD, 4, 2 1/2 inch long bolts with black fender washers ground down the bolt heads into a V shape so that they would fit snugly into the back of the "arms", used the JB Weld to set them in, have had mine on my car for over a year, no problems at all. The corral from Ford was about 40.00, lest than 10.00 for the JB Weld and the nuts/bolts/washers.
Old 8/15/07, 10:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

hmm looks like KC is going to get a call from me LOL
Old 8/16/07, 11:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
The corrals from Webelectric are made of plastic. They actually pre-date the Ford "Pony" corral by almost a year!!

They mount to the grille using serrated plastic push-clips and once it's on... it's ON! Mine has been on since September of 2005 - that corral was my first mod. There has been NO damage, flaking, peeling, or movement!

It was a great product from Webelectric - too bad they discontinued it. I think a 'Stang looks naked without it.
Old 8/16/07, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

I have mine since September 05, before the V6 Pony Package. It looks great and has had absolutely no problems in the 2 years I have had it on. I was mad as hell when the Pony Package came out because until then mine looked unique.

Quick Reply: Web Electric Pony Corral?