05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd
View Poll Results: Would you buy these louvers? (ones in my picture)
Yes
18.18%
No
81.82%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Warning about window louvers....

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/06, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning about window louvers....

Just a heads up to those thinking about buying louvers from DG Customs, they do shoddy work in my opinion. I am attaching some pics of my louvers when they arrived and I ask you would you put them on your car? As you can see the louvers are covered on the back with overspray. Hard to believe a company would not realize that you can see the inside of the louver from the inside of the car......who would put these on with the yellow overspray showing??????

I had to spend hours fixing the inside of the louvers before putting them on my car and if I had known the attitude of the company and its owner I would have returned them and never done business with them again.

Wife bought a set in Alloy and they came with the backs very dirty but cleanable so we ordered a set for my yellow stang.....what a mistake.

If you don't mind spending the time to fix them on the inside yourself or pay extra (see owners response below) then buy from this company otherwise I would do myself a favor and purchase from another company.

I contacted the company twice and emailed the pictures to them to let them know my dissatisfaction and below is the owners response:

"Darwin,

I apologize for not getting back to your previous response and again I apologize for your dissatisfaction. The product is an exterior addition and we don't state the interior is painted. Like I said in my previous email, if you would have contacted us regarding your dissatisfaction I would have told you to send them back, and if you wanted them painted on the inside as well we would have been glad to. The additional fee would have been $85.00 (I was incorrect in my previous email about the charge). However, since you have already gone to the work of painting them to you satisfaction, I offered you the discount on any future products.

We do a lot of work with many of the Mustang forums and are even going to advertise on one that you mentioned. 99.9% of our Mustang forum clients are completely satisfied and promote our products totally. Yes, I would hate to get negative advertisements but what it comes down to is personal preference.

Annie DeGraff
Customer Service (Owner)
DG Custom Auto, Inc
www.DGcustomAuto.com"
Attached Thumbnails Warning about window louvers....-louvers-darwin-001-small-.jpg   Warning about window louvers....-louvers-darwin-002-small-.jpg   Warning about window louvers....-louvers-darwin-003-small-.jpg  
Old 11/29/06, 02:26 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll scratch them off my list of vendors...
Old 11/29/06, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wow, I have to agree with you. Personal preference? is there ANYONE that wants the back of their louvers to look like that when they are visible ?
How hard would it be to either;
1) Mask the back so there is NO over spray and they stay black.
2) Paint the backside black.

$85 to paint the backsides or at the very least mask them is ridiculous.

If the light did not shine through the slats (like mine they are solid) it wouldn't be a big deal as once they were installed it would be pretty black especially if they were applied over a tinted window.
Old 11/29/06, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

+1 on what Darly said. There's no way I'd put that on my car with the overspray on the backside. I always wondered why they're prices were so low. Like the old saying goes "you get what you pay for".
Old 11/29/06, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

That stinks, good customer service is hard to find these days....
Old 11/29/06, 04:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I was holding back as I agreed that if they would accept a return I would not post anything negative, so I wont, BUT, I was not happy with their product either and opted to go with MT Autosports on Ebay. The exact same product. Actually, I ultimately discovered that the louvers are made by Pacific Motor Sport. The finish was a little better, but they were not painted on the inside either. I guess you get what you pay for... It must be noted that these louver were 1/2 as much as other painted louvers... Strangely, Annette DeGraff's/Pacific Motor Sports name appeared on the FedEx label of the MT Autosports package. Either she works for MT Autosports, AND DG Customs, AND Pacific Motor Sports, or it's all one in the same . I lucked out on the second attempt from what I origianlly thought was another company, so I'm happy, BUT, I would definitely not agree that their customer satisfaction is rated at 99.9%.
Old 12/2/06, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's pretty ugly, but I guess if you get the CDC window blackouts you won't ever see it again.
Old 12/5/06, 02:28 AM
Cobra Member

They did offer a discount on anything new though. The piece itself looks nice. I would simply mask it off and paint it black especially if the savings are significant. How is the fit and finish of the outside? $85 to paint the back is a bit much but maybe they can take your feedback and look at applying an economy coating *spraypaint* on the back for future orders.

-Deric
Old 12/5/06, 06:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I would say not painting the back side is pretty common. A lot of people tint their windows and the back side would never be seen. I also picked mine up from an ebay seller and the backs looked fine. The next set my neighbor picked up needed the back side painted. He painted them himself and had fun doing it. The seller pretty much told me the same thing. They costed 185 delivered.
Old 12/5/06, 07:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I would say not painting the back side is pretty common. A lot of people tint their windows and the back side would never be seen. I also picked mine up from an ebay seller and the backs looked fine. The next set my neighbor picked up needed the back side painted. He painted them himself and had fun doing it. The seller pretty much told me the same thing. They costed 185 delivered.
+1 My Razzi scoops were not painted on the inside either...limo tinted the inside of the quarter windows and no problem
Old 12/5/06, 08:36 AM
GT Member

Well we did not expect the back to be painted as I had already bought a set for my Alloy Mustang.....but after I cleaned them up...they were very dirty. They looked fine....these louvers in particular can be seen from the inside and we did not want to black out the windows since we have two grandaughters who occasionally ride in the back....I complained to the company about mine and they seemed apologetic and we did like the fit and style so he ordered a set for the Yellow Mustang.....the overspray and look of the back was awful......we did not expect them to be so bad....hubby did fix them so that he could install them and have them look decent from inside the car but I don't think they should send products out in that condition....just tape the back off and problem solved.....for $185.00 you could at least expect them to be clean on the back side.
Old 12/5/06, 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by stangmomasc
Well we did not expect the back to be painted as I had already bought a set for my Alloy Mustang.....but after I cleaned them up...they were very dirty. They looked fine....these louvers in particular can be seen from the inside and we did not want to black out the windows since we have two grandaughters who occasionally ride in the back....I complained to the company about mine and they seemed apologetic and we did like the fit and style so he ordered a set for the Yellow Mustang.....the overspray and look of the back was awful......we did not expect them to be so bad....hubby did fix them so that he could install them and have them look decent from inside the car but I don't think they should send products out in that condition....just tape the back off and problem solved.....for $185.00 you could at least expect them to be clean on the back side.
I agree
Old 12/5/06, 01:28 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kinda ulgy
Old 12/5/06, 01:33 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

I have the same ones , p. white.

I also have my quarter windows tinted , 20%

I put them on and you can`t tell the difference , it`s black anyway.

My .02
Old 12/5/06, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think they should mention that the backsides may need some work. That way the firstime buyer will know to pick up a can of flat black Krylon for the backsides. Other than that, how is look from the frontside after it is installed? Is the fit and finish good?
Old 12/5/06, 03:38 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

They fit good. No, they are not perfect , and when I first got them , I swore they did not match color-wise. But I am so daymned **** about this machine.....sigh.

I put them on anyway cuz they are a bargin , and after a week ,allways looking at it , you can`t tell the difference unless you get up close, i mean REAL close. I don`t think spending twice as much you will get that much more for your money at all.

They work for not being real.
Old 12/5/06, 03:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by neil07gt
I think they should mention that the backsides may need some work. That way the firstime buyer will know to pick up a can of flat black Krylon for the backsides. Other than that, how is look from the frontside after it is installed? Is the fit and finish good?
The fit is good. The finish is OK. Be warned that if your car is black, then you can easily notice all the imprefections. The ones that I returned had several dimples in the plastic that were easily seen. The new ones have dimples as well, but not as bad. Put it this way, I'm not 99.9% satisfied...lol. Maybe 70% ... adverage at best.Llike I said eariler, you get what you pay for... Other painted louvers may be better, but you're going to paid about $350.00+or- . The reason I gave them a second chance was because of the cost, and that you can actually see through them.
Old 12/5/06, 07:26 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Deric
They did offer a discount on anything new though
. The piece itself looks nice. I would simply mask it off and paint it black especially if the savings are significant. How is the fit and finish of the outside? $85 to paint the back is a bit much but maybe they can take your feedback and look at applying an economy coating *spraypaint* on the back for future orders.

-Deric
Real curoious as to the amt of discount. I had a problem with a vendor and they offered me a 5 % discount on my next purchase..BIG FREAKIN WOOP
Old 12/11/06, 02:26 PM

10% was the offer but i will not purchase anything from DG Custom and all the shows i go to i will show everyone i see the pictures.
Old 12/11/06, 06:15 PM
GT Member

I actually like these louvers. I'm another one that wouldn't mind painting the backside of them to get them prepainted and cheaper. Plus, I haven't really found any other another one out there I care for. It sounds like the fitment is pretty good.

Quick Reply: Warning about window louvers....