05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Vista blue paint match

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/06, 06:33 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vista blue paint match

I got into a slight accident about two weeks ago and they repainted the car, well the front fender and the bumper and I can see a difference in the paint match there is a little purple in it and also slightly darker. The guy at the body shop told me that with the vista blue was harder to math because ford did not yet make many many cars with this color in comparison with the firer red for say. He said that after years of production they are able to macth perfectly because they have many different shades from Ford. So if you know anything to this effect I would like to know.

Thanks!
Old 10/21/06, 11:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by RACING GT
I got into a slight accident about two weeks ago and they repainted the car, well the front fender and the bumper and I can see a difference in the paint match there is a little purple in it and also slightly darker. The guy at the body shop told me that with the vista blue was harder to math because ford did not yet make many many cars with this color in comparison with the firer red for say. He said that after years of production they are able to macth perfectly because they have many different shades from Ford. So if you know anything to this effect I would like to know.

Thanks!
BS. Can you tell the difference between my scoops and my car ??
I had my friend paint them and it is dead on.
That guy was pumping smoke up your ***, because he didn't take the time to color match and adjust it if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails Vista blue paint match-window-scoop-install-web-5.jpg   Vista blue paint match-door-scoop-install-web-4.jpg   Vista blue paint match-done-2-web.jpg  
Old 10/22/06, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Total BS
I was asking my painter how he matched it up when he was painting my louvers and mirrors and he showed me his computer that he just enters, year, make, model, and color and it makes a perfect match. By the way, there are 9 colors used to make Vista Blue. I would get it redone if you are not happy with the work.
Old 10/22/06, 09:49 AM
GT Member

Don't know if this helps, but I picked up a bottle of Ford Motorcraft Lacquer touch-up paint from the Ford dealer in town for my son's Vista Blue '06 Stang, and the paint code on the bottle is:
G9
PMP-19500-7147A
Old 10/22/06, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Sounds like bull to me. Your car's paint is new and should not be faded at all. They should be able to match it perfectly or so close you can barely see a diffeerence between the original paint and the new paint. I'd take it back if you are not satisfied!
Old 10/22/06, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also, maybe they used the wrong blue. Maybe they painted it Sonic Blue, the previous blue color on 05's, and I think Sonic Blue had some purple in it and is a bit darker than Vista Blue. I may be wrong though.
Old 10/22/06, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Scarpi
Also, maybe they used the wrong blue. Maybe they painted it Sonic Blue, the previous blue color on 05's, and I think Sonic Blue had some purple in it and is a bit darker than Vista Blue. I may be wrong though.
this is EXACTLY what they did.....tell them to repaint it using G9...I paint vista and sonic weekly...there close but not the same
Old 10/22/06, 10:26 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Soon as I read the word purple I thought Sonic Blue also. SN was the paint code for that, you should definitely get it re-done. Another difference between Sonic Blue and Vista Blue is that there is more metal flake in the Vista Blue. (I've owned both).
Old 10/23/06, 08:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would head back to that body shop and demand that he fix his screw-up immediately!! I just got my CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, and my body shop painted it for me, and the color is a DEAD ON MATCH!!! I hate to make assumtions, but it just sounds like this fellow is flat out lazy!! There are ALOT of Vista Blue cars out there, plus, this color is available on more cars now (Escape, Ranger). Why can't people just be honest when they make a mistake, instead of just making **** up?
Old 10/23/06, 08:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Why can't people just be honest when they make a mistake, instead of just making **** up?
One word "accountability", the lack of it is the problem. People don't want to be held accountable for their actions, mistakes, etc. Sad, but true.
Old 10/23/06, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
One word "accountability", the lack of it is the problem. People don't want to be held accountable for their actions, mistakes, etc. Sad, but true.
Daryl ,it is sad.
Old 10/24/06, 04:45 PM
GT Member

I will take it to the shop tomorrow and have a fight with them. Thank you.
Old 10/24/06, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

You should not need to have a fight with them. If they are a reputable shop, they should want their customers happy. If the paint does not match just tell them it does not match and that is unacceptable! It should be fairly easy for a professional car painter to match the paint on a new car!! Make sure they are using the correct color which you said is Vista Blue and not Sonic Blue.
Old 10/24/06, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Where I think I will have to fight is for the stripes they gonna have to remove and get redone. Also the Ford dealer repainted the car.
Old 10/26/06, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Bottom line: reputable body shops CAN definitely match your paint...go somewhere else or take it back to him and make him do it right...it's your $$$...
Old 10/26/06, 07:38 PM
GT Member

I got to the bottom of it why it doesn't match. They told me that they dont try to do a perfect match other than using the color code from Ford because most insurance policy do not say paint to perfect match. So they did not even took time to look with the insurance company to know if they should do a blend to match not just paint to match. Now they are suppose to call me back when they will have the answer from the insurance company. You got to be carefull if you get your car dented. You would assume that they would paint to a perfect match! I'm pretty **** off...
Old 10/26/06, 08:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by RACING GT
I got to the bottom of it why it doesn't match. They told me that they dont try to do a perfect match other than using the color code from Ford because most insurance policy do not say paint to perfect match. So they did not even took time to look with the insurance company to know if they should do a blend to match not just paint to match. Now they are suppose to call me back when they will have the answer from the insurance company. You got to be carefull if you get your car dented. You would assume that they would paint to a perfect match! I'm pretty **** off...
Just mixing up the Paint code will make it VERY close. So close that the normal eye won't notice it, only a trained eye.
Old 10/27/06, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Racing Gt, how old is your car? I can't imagine that it could of changed that much from factory color in under a couple of years. If it is so easy to spot I say they are still giving you the run around.
Old 10/27/06, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by sts767
Racing Gt, how old is your car? I can't imagine that it could of changed that much from factory color in under a couple of years. If it is so easy to spot I say they are still giving you the run around.
Definitely!!! They don't want to take responsibility, and at the same time pass the blame off to the insurance company.I would never do business with someone like that.
Old 10/27/06, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

If they did it right using the correct paint code, it should have matched because your car is not old and the paint should not be faded. Isn't your car at least an 05? How can that be faded? Sounds like the run around to me.

Quick Reply: Vista blue paint match