05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Under Lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh no, please, and as soon as altezza lights come out for the new stang, don't tell me you'd pick them up too?!?!?! Please for the sake of your car don't do it and look like this fool

:notnice:
Old 8/2/05, 01:20 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, come on. Altezza's will look great on a Mustang! Notice this guys reaction... courtesy of laughatrice.com.
Old 8/2/05, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

:nono: :scratch:

That about covers it don't ya think????
Old 8/2/05, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
So I guess fun fur and dingles ***** are out of the question for Arin future9r24
Old 8/3/05, 03:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Silly Rabbit, Underbody Lights Are For KIDS!
Old 8/3/05, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Come on guys, let's not make fun of him until we see how this looks on a 05. How about if one of us tapes some glow sticks under our car and then posts some nice pictures? Wait a minute, I've got a mental image coming through...

NAAAH! It looks stupid.
Old 8/3/05, 07:55 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 8/3/05, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Can I please get a side of soy sauce with my RICE?
Old 8/7/05, 06:25 AM
Cobra Member

Ok... so I'm a 42 year old kid... I'm new to all this... Had no idea what a ricer was when i started! LOL!

At the risk of being completely thrashed I submit the following... LOL!

Pic1and 2 show that EL cable (think flexible neon) fits very nicely in the grove at the top of the dash... the stuff fit perfectly!

Old 8/7/05, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man are you gonna get hammered...I hope they are switched so you can shut them off when you are driving at night. at least the inside one on trhe floor is good for spotting dirt on your floor!
Old 8/7/05, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

I feel bad that everyone is being so hard on the guy. Especially when I've seen some things people have been very excitted about that I personally think looks like poo.

If ya dig it do it. It's all part of the fun of personalizing your car. I don't think the neons look any worse than those billet grills or smoked light covers people LOVE, but thats me and I don't go out of my way to belittle anyone who thinks differantly.
Old 8/7/05, 08:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by nynvolt@August 7, 2005, 8:24 AM
I feel bad that everyone is being so hard on the guy. Especially when I've seen some things people have been very excitted about that I personally think looks like poo.

If ya dig it do it. It's all part of the fun of personalizing your car. I don't think the neons look any worse than those billet grills or smoked light covers people LOVE, but thats me and I don't go out of my way to belittle anyone who thinks differantly.
agreed, just do it then, but if you are going to ask for opinions!
Old 8/9/05, 12:48 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by scrming@August 7, 2005, 6:28 AM
Ok... so I'm a 42 year old kid... I'm new to all this... Had no idea what a ricer was when i started! LOL!

At the risk of being completely thrashed I submit the following... LOL!

Pic1and 2 show that EL cable (think flexible neon) fits very nicely in the grove at the top of the dash... the stuff fit perfectly!

NO!

NO NO NONONONO!

And in case you didn't get it the first time, NO!
Old 8/9/05, 01:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TwoBlackStangs@August 9, 2005, 2:51 PM
NO!

NO NO NONONONO!

And in case you didn't get it the first time, NO!
he didn't ask for your permission
Old 8/9/05, 01:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The neon across the dash doesn't look bad, IMO. It blends in with the car quite a bit. It's the stuff that's there and just shouts at you that looks bad.

But what do I know?
Old 8/9/05, 01:46 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

K, just so we are all clear.. one can give an opinion, and one can be an idiot.

So, lets just keep it to "I dont like it" "Not my thing" "I wouldnt suggest it" that kind of thing.

I dont like it.

And I wouldnt suggest it, only because it is defintely something commonly found on the "riced out" imports, in addition can be dangerous (drunks tend to home in on that stuff) as well as being illegal in some areas. It will get you noticed, but it wont be attention you want. Cops dont like those imports, they tend to do a lot of illegal racing. So, if you look like one, you are bound to get pulled over and harrassed.

IMO.. however, if you like it, and you want it, GO FOR IT!
Old 8/9/05, 01:47 PM

why are we thrashing a car that someone put hard earned money into? if you payed good money to customise your car would you like it when people went off on you? c'mon guys cant you rember the golden rule?
Old 8/9/05, 01:53 PM
GT Member

If you like them put them on your car. I have a 96 Cobra and I love the LEDs under the car and in the wheel wells. There is no reason you have to build your car to look like everyone elses. And FWIW I think if done cleanly they are not ricey. I have gotten plenty of compliments on my car over the years from people that thought they would not like them. When I run at the track at night a heck of a lot of camera flashes go off when I pull into the burnout box and the smoke lights up in blue and no they are not taking pics for rice.com either.
Old 8/10/05, 07:19 PM
GT Member

How did I not follow the golden rule? I have posted pictures of every one of my mods to be flamed. I'm not afraid.

I'm also not afraid to say that I don't care for this type of modification. I do think it cheapens my ride. It's like buying a house in a really nice neighborhood only to see your neighbors put up a clothesline out front and leave a broken toilet in the side yard. This is the type of thing that makes my father and other first-generation Mustang restorers (who scavenged junkyards for parts among the rattlesnakes, not order from a catalog) stop going to Mustang shows because they are ostracized for their "too original" restorations. I think it's inappropriate to the heritage of this fine automobile, and borderline distasteful.

Notice, however, that I did not say anything degrading about John. I applaud his efforts to make his car as he likes it. This is why I love America, he is not forced to mod his car a certain way, I am entitled to like it or not, and we can all discuss our opinions without reservation.
Old 8/10/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

my friend has a scion Tc with all those lights on it too! hes also got a spiffy little carbon fiber hood, im not an "anti-Rice" kinda guy, since i almost got a honda, my friend and i get jokes between us since, im asian but i drive a Muscle Car, and hes white and is working on getting a EVO, i think its all personal preference, no WAY would i rice my baby up, but i think its thier choice, so i think the hammering on him is a bit much

Quick Reply: Under Lighting?