http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-MUSTAN...1QQcmdZViewItem
flame GT logo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-MUSTAN...1QQcmdZViewItem
stick on decals like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 2/21/06, 05:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My idea of ugly mods: any mix-and-no-match of different styles (i.e. centered fogs Ã* la Eleanor and blacked-out hood Ã* la Mach 1).
As long as all mods have a common theme, be it modern (e.g. Cervinis or Foose Stallion) or classic (GT350, GT500, Boss, Mach1, etc.), I have no problems with them.
Like many have already said, ricer accessories on a Stang are also a big [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] .
Old 2/21/06, 06:27 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>My idea of ugly mods: any mix-and-no-match of different styles (i.e. centered fogs Ã* la Eleanor and blacked-out hood Ã* la Mach 1).
[/b][/quote]

Man, then you are going to hate my car with a passion [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 06:36 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ February 21, 2006, 7:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Man, then you are going to hate my car with a passion [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Mine too.. But then again do we give a crap? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

<span style="color:red">Edit by Brad: Do not bypass the language filters.</span>
Old 2/21/06, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ February 21, 2006, 7:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mine too.. But then again do we give a crap? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

<span style="color:red">Edit by Brad: Do not bypass the language filters.</span>
[/b][/quote]

Sorry Brad - I had a brain phart.. I'll clean it up...
Old 2/21/06, 03:37 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ February 21, 2006, 2:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hey, I thought you were only going to have the same Shelby stripes painted! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Don't worry, after seeing what you did with your car the first time around, I'm sure it's gonna look even better after the second round of mods. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

...and anyway, who am I to talk about ugly (read "unpopular") mods, considering the location of my hood pins and the fact that I put V8 emblems on the B pillars? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 10:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stang281 @ February 18, 2006, 7:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nope. Oh. Like I said, JMO. I like some stuff from the past Mustangs, just not that.

I'll refrain from posting my reasons of why and just keep it to 'I don't like it.' [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

AFBLUE, don't worry, most of us on this site aren't immature enough to start those kinds of childish arguments.
[/b][/quote]

Brandon,

No offense taken, if you read the first thread before we even comitted to the production of the mold for the part, there was a lot mixed reaction, and I was actually concerned that it was going to not be as popular as it has turned out to be. Obviously I am glad to have been wrong in this regard, and was quite happy with the way the part has turned out.

However, I would like to know what you do not like about it, either here, or in a PM. Seeing as I designed it, and took a lot of input from a lot of people to get it to where it is, I thought it was something the car needed in back, especially when I look at my 73 sitting in the garage that had one on it from the factory. I just couldn't imagine the 73 without one, and whenever I've seen cars without them at shows, I wondered why people removed them. Obviously your opinion is different, and I'd like to know why, as it might help us in the future design a product that you would like.

Of course, like I said in the first thread way back when, to each his own. I know not everyone will like every product we develop, I'm just hopeful that one of them will eventually strike your fancy.

BTW- those headlights shown don't look all that bad. The taillights don't do anything for me, but the headlights could have some potential...depending upon the look you were going for. I however, like mine just the way they are, thank you.

We now return you to your slam-fest of everyone else's mods....
Old 2/22/06, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Every picture posted so far is butt ugly. I do agree with Marcell though, those headlights could *possibly* work, but I like the stock ones better.
Old 2/22/06, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Im not judging anyones mods.

To each thier own.

My opinion: I see lots of stuff I like, but the car has such clean classic lines I cant do anything except, wash/wax and enjoy.

I did order a set of mirror inserts, those big ole Mickey Mouse ears need help, I'll decide to install or not when they arrive.
Old 2/22/06, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Area sevev those are painful, seriously I almost vomited
Old 2/22/06, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 22, 2006, 12:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Brandon,

No offense taken, if you read the first thread before we even comitted to the production of the mold for the part, there was a lot mixed reaction, and I was actually concerned that it was going to not be as popular as it has turned out to be. Obviously I am glad to have been wrong in this regard, and was quite happy with the way the part has turned out.

However, I would like to know what you do not like about it, either here, or in a PM. Seeing as I designed it, and took a lot of input from a lot of people to get it to where it is, I thought it was something the car needed in back, especially when I look at my 73 sitting in the garage that had one on it from the factory. I just couldn't imagine the 73 without one, and whenever I've seen cars without them at shows, I wondered why people removed them. Obviously your opinion is different, and I'd like to know why, as it might help us in the future design a product that you would like.

Of course, like I said in the first thread way back when, to each his own. I know not everyone will like every product we develop, I'm just hopeful that one of them will eventually strike your fancy.

BTW- those headlights shown don't look all that bad. The taillights don't do anything for me, but the headlights could have some potential...depending upon the look you were going for. I however, like mine just the way they are, thank you.

[/b][/quote]
I appreciate this post and i'll send you a PM regarding that.
Old 2/23/06, 03:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah looks like ones mans ugly mod is another mans pride and joy. We can bash and joke about mods but we all have our own tastes so everyone is not going to agree on everything. But then we can all agree to disagree and still be freinds , cool huh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

I knew some one was going to come out with european clear taillights, no offense if anyone likes them , but I hope I never see them on the tail end of an 05 Mustang, it would make me sick.

I just get such a kick out of some of these "upgrades". I just cant see how some of this extra "crappola" is any imrpovement. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] I dont know if it's just me , but I think my Mustang looks pretty dang good as is stock. I have to really think about it before I decide to add anything. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 04:07 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 22, 2006, 12:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Brandon,

[/b][/quote]

SilverHorse, all I can say is you ROCK!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
I got one on your Honeycomb tail panels and I LOVE it! There will always be someone trying to trash your stuff but I'm sure by your sales you can tell that there are those of us that can remember the good 'ol days. I have a '72 vert and I would feel naked with out the Honeycomb tail panels.

Feedback is good but sometimes it stings.

Keep up the good work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 2/23/06, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IE8Z28 @ February 23, 2006, 6:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
SilverHorse, all I can say is you ROCK!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
I got one on your Honeycomb tail panels and I LOVE it! There will always be someone trying to trash your stuff but I'm sure by your sales you can tell that there are those of us that can remember the good 'ol days. I have a '72 vert and I would feel naked with out the Honeycomb tail panels.

Feedback is good but sometimes it stings.

Keep up the good work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Joe
[/b][/quote]
I wasn't trashing anyone's product. In fact, I never said anything negative about it.
Old 2/23/06, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think the one thing we can alla gree on are those "euro lights"
ugh...
Old 2/23/06, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Mod Guy........

I am sorry , I have leraned my lesson.
From now on only possitive comments and ideas.
I started this thread and I am asked you to please pull this
off this wonderfull site.

Thank you
Old 2/23/06, 10:27 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Just because they sell this "crap" does not mean you have to buy it. If people would quit supporting these venders they would not manufacture this stuff. Its bad enough that the Ring brothers put Big red "r's" on a '67 stang in the Feburary issue of Hotrod mag.
Come on guys, lets show the Autozones and Advanced autos of the world that they have more customers than Rice drivers. The next time you are picking up some wax or oil, tell the guy at the counter your opinion. They will listen to you if enough people complain about filling the store with this kind of stuff instead of the parts that they should be carrying.

TDS [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

And i'm not talking about the rear honeycomb panel, but the taillights, headlights, quarter window trim & decals, side air vents, etc. that stuff is plain ugly and very foolish looking on a car. Remember how they ruined the SVT lighting when they put the "euro" tail lights in it the last couple of years? Check how many people swapped them out for stock look lights.
Old 3/8/06, 06:28 AM
Cobra Member

Here's a station wagon idea:

[attachmentid=46472]

And something from the previous generation:

[attachmentid=46471]

More eyesores on this German forum
Old 3/8/06, 10:03 AM
FR500 Member

OHH MY GOD!! A MUSTANG STATION WAGON...its gonna compete with the magnum!!!!!
Old 3/8/06, 10:29 AM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 20, 2006, 7:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
]
Actually that scoop looks pretty good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I know some people might get on you for it being non funtional but I havent seen a functional one yet and these scoops just give it a nice sporty appearance. Oh yeah is the lettering the name of the car? (Never mind, just realized thats what your wife sees you spending all your time with [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )
[/b][/quote]
here's MY tacky hood scoop [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ugly Mod List