05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Trufiber Venom Hood

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/08, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please post more pictures of your hood locks both top and bottom, and the mount on the core support.

Thanks

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
Trufiber Venom Hood, Version 3...sorry, no stripes

Old 12/31/08, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway anyone can add GT500 white stripes to the Torch Red ??? Thanks
Old 1/1/09, 07:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500
Please post more pictures of your hood locks both top and bottom, and the mount on the core support.

Thanks
not mine, but here you go..

Old 1/1/09, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks, I like that twist lock stile hood latch so much better than the pin and clip style. do you have any more information, maker, supplier & price about these latches?

not mine, but here you go..

Old 1/1/09, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Thanks, I like that twist lock stile hood latch so much better than the pin and clip style. do you have any more information, maker, supplier & price about these latches?
no, I sure don't. this pictures are of a guys car from http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2010-mustangs-43/ his name is eddypython. very nice guy, I'm sure if you PM him, he'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have
Old 1/1/09, 05:22 PM

Bump... Any guys able to photoshop White GT500 stripes onto the Torch red car w/the venom hood on page 1 ???
Old 1/3/09, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by leestoystang
Bump... Any guys able to photoshop White GT500 stripes onto the Torch red car w/the venom hood on page 1 ???
BUMP....
Old 1/4/09, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

They are available from Tony Branda Shelby Parts. They are OEM for a 68 GT500 KR.
Old 1/5/09, 09:16 PM

BUMP... For the white stripe photoshop on the torch red on page 1... Can anyone photoshop GT500 white stripes on it... Thanks
Old 1/6/09, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hood is the latest version of the venom hood and for all the non gt500 fascia cars, they will soon have GTSIII hoods for the V6 & GT fronts with the recess for these hood pins. Pins can be picked up at www.cobranda.com
Old 1/6/09, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Hood is the latest version of the venom hood and for all the non gt500 fascia cars, they will soon have GTSIII hoods for the V6 & GT fronts with the recess for these hood pins. Pins can be picked up at www.cobranda.com
Mellow, what are you using to secure your twist pins down to the core support? Please show us a pic and let us know if you fabbed them or purchased them, thanks.
Old 1/6/09, 10:38 AM

venom hood

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
MELLOWYELLOW06 - Do you have the latest version of the venom hood? This would be the one with the recesses? I had sent you a PM but never received a response. Could you get me the measurements bewteen the two heat extractors at the narrowest point. I want to run factory stripes and need to see if they can fit. Thanks....
Old 1/6/09, 11:09 AM
GT Member

SORRY,I haven't been on in awhile..Here are some of mine...Not the greatest pics( in the body shop with the motor out) because 4 days after getting it back my motor blew ..
Attached Thumbnails Trufiber Venom Hood-my-mustang-017.jpg   Trufiber Venom Hood-my-mustang-003.jpg   Trufiber Venom Hood-my-mustang-015.jpg  
Old 1/6/09, 12:43 PM

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the latest venom hood with the recesses. should be here next week. I also ordered the twist style hood pins but the bracket that it comes with looks like it's going to need some additional fab to work. I've seen quite a few pics of venom hoods with this syle pin but no actual shots of the altered mounting bracket. Anybody care to share some detailed photos?
Old 1/6/09, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Torched05stang
SORRY,I haven't been on in awhile..Here are some of mine...Not the greatest pics( in the body shop with the motor out) because 4 days after getting it back my motor blew ..
Thanks so much for the pics.. I am very sorry to hear about the whole motor thing... Hopefully you will be back up and running very soon... One quick question when they painted your hood did they have to blend in your fenders or was it pretty much a match. Thanks again..
Old 1/7/09, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Here is a photo where you can see the hood twist lock latch pins installed:

and here is a link to the album with other photos of the hood and mods:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thornol...7607840412002/

Last edited by jcthorne; 1/7/09 at 06:13 AM.
Old 1/7/09, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures of a set of twist lock pins for a 71' MACH1 which I bought several years ago and had them installed at a local shop. They don't require a recess in the hood, only a hole in the area where the outside stop would be , so you can use them on most any hood. The supports were made from the bare metal piece which came with the pins and the shop fabricated the black metal piece. Just an FYI incase someone would like the pins without needing a new hood ...
Attached Thumbnails Trufiber Venom Hood-hoodpins-5-.jpg   Trufiber Venom Hood-hoodpins-10-.jpg   Trufiber Venom Hood-hoodpins-12-.jpg  

Last edited by 05YellowGT; 1/7/09 at 07:10 AM.
Old 1/7/09, 06:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Lucciano
I just pulled the trigger and ordered the latest venom hood with the recesses. should be here next week. I also ordered the twist style hood pins but the bracket that it comes with looks like it's going to need some additional fab to work. I've seen quite a few pics of venom hoods with this syle pin but no actual shots of the altered mounting bracket. Anybody care to share some detailed photos?
congrats on the purchase of the hood, you're really going to enjoy it!

I posted some pictures at the top of the page showing a car on another forum that has the Trufiber Venom Hood witht he twist style pins and it also shows the bracket that they attach to.
Old 1/8/09, 11:47 AM

congrats on the purchase of the hood, you're really going to enjoy it!

I posted some pictures at the top of the page showing a car on another forum that has the Trufiber Venom Hood witht he twist style pins and it also shows the bracket that they attach to.
Hopefully I'll have all the work done by next weekend so I can post some pics. I had the Cali dreamin' Hood from RK Sport on my car from when it first came out but it's time for a make over. This hood is too Bad @ss not to have.

I'm still debating doing some charcoal stripes.... The solid black is just so sinister =}
Old 11/16/15, 06:57 PM

I realize this is an old thread, please forgive me.
I have an 07 GT500 and have been looking the the trufiber hood. My question is that Trufiber has 2 of these "KR" looking hoods, which one do you have ? is it the A53KR or the A54KR ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by jcthorne
Here is a photo where you can see the hood twist lock latch pins installed:

and here is a link to the album with other photos of the hood and mods:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thornol...7607840412002/

Quick Reply: Trufiber Venom Hood