05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Tri-Bar Spinner Question

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/05, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my spinners installed today and I have a question. I know a lot of advice has been given as to keep them safe from theft, but has anyone addressed how loose these things are?

I put them on and can spin them around with very little effort. I really don't like the fact that they are so easy to turn. I aligned them and went for a drive and they were all goofy by the time I returned. I am a little disappointed at how flimsy these things are. I know that things aren't made like they used to be, but the ones that are on my 66 hub caps are a very solid steel and still look great 40 years later.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rob
Old 2/21/05, 06:48 PM

Hey Rob, I just replaced my spinners with the ford logo, that were fairly snug fitting with spinners with the pony logo. They seemed kinda loose. One was real loose. So I wrapped masking tape around the metal tangs with the ring around it and slapped em on. Works pretty good till someone comes up with a better idea. Dan......
Old 2/21/05, 07:11 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally posted by dbatts@February 21, 2005, 5:38 PM
I just got my spinners installed today and I have a question. I know a lot of advice has been given as to keep them safe from theft, but has anyone addressed how loose these things are?

I put them on and can spin them around with very little effort. I really don't like the fact that they are so easy to turn. I aligned them and went for a drive and they were all goofy by the time I returned. I am a little disappointed at how flimsy these things are. I know that things aren't made like they used to be, but the ones that are on my 66 hub caps are a very solid steel and still look great 40 years later.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rob
Take them off pull out the center snap ring and gently expand it about a quarter inch! It will retract a little bit. Reinstall! It will be tighter! To Test it FLICK one of the Bars with your finger if it rattles it is still too loose!

KC
Old 2/21/05, 07:14 PM

[/quote]
Take them off pull out the center snap ring and gently expand it about a quarter inch! It will retract a little bit. Reinstall! It will be tighter! To Test it FLICK one of the Bars with your finger if it rattles it is still to loose!

KC
[/quote]

Thats a really good idea. I'll do it in the morning as it is already dark here. Thanks.

Rob
Old 2/21/05, 07:21 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally Posted by dbatts,February 21, 2005, 6:17 PM
Take them off pull out the center snap ring and gently expand it about a quarter inch! It will retract a little bit. Reinstall! It will be tighter! To Test it FLICK one of the Bars with your finger if it rattles it is still to loose!

KC
[/quote]

Thats a really good idea. I'll do it in the morning as it is already dark here. Thanks.

Rob
[/quote]

You are welcome! Mine were loose at install also! EZ fix!

kc