05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Transformation Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/05 | 11:48 AM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Hello All, I now have enough "scratch" to transform the V6 into what I really want, viewing-wise. I have the entire "exterior" GT body kit. What I need to know is what "small" things I'm going to need to complete this project, A.K.A. new clips, bolts, mounting materials to get this to work. I have the front bumper/grille & fogs, Side panels below the doors, rear bumper & GT exhaust, along with the pony seat covers. I just need to know the final "hidden" pieces that are needed prior to taking "her" in to the body shop to get this completed. I don't want a phone call the next day saying, "We still need ____ to finish the car" & having to wait on Ford to order the parts.... I hope this all makes sense & ANY help would be appreciated. I've heard from site to site that I might need new Fender wells, a re-inforcing piece for the front bumper, new hardware for the side pieces, etc. Of course, I'd really like some info from people who have done this & a place I can get the needed parts for a good price. I'm just SO excited that I finally have the means to get this done FINALLY!!!

Thanks,
TIM
Old 6/25/05 | 12:06 PM

Sounds like you're missing the V8
Old 6/25/05 | 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@June 25, 2005, 2:09 PM
Sounds like you're missing the V8
Good answer!
Did you not spend just as much more on the mods as you would just buying a GT?
Old 6/25/05 | 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

leave the guy alone, no I dont believe he spent more in mods, if I am not mistaken the take off parts from Cascotech are just under a grand, so install should be hopefully under a grand as well. thats still only around 2 grand and the last time i check GTs start around 25-26....
maybe he didnt want the 300horses and the higher insurance. but he likes the look of the GT model..
geez some people and their lame "should had a V-8" comments
WHATEVER...
oh yeah and I have TWO Stangs to your guys ONE. So knock it off!!
We all have the Coolest cars on the road so leave the V-6s alone...
Old 6/26/05 | 12:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by teddybear1255@June 25, 2005, 12:25 PM
Good answer!
Did you not spend just as much more on the mods as you would just buying a GT?
Actually its a pretty lame response!!! :notnice:

As has been said more than once on these forums, the beauty of each Mustang is its ability to customize it to be unique and their own. How many GT owners are trying to mod their cars to be a poor man's Cobra's? Do you rag on them for trying to get 500hp out of their GT's? I think not.

Ya know... I'll never understand this mindset where its ok to install expensive mod's to a GT but not ok to do similar with a V-6. :scratch:
Old 6/26/05 | 12:24 AM
Cobra R Member

No ideas on your questions: but could you update us with photos as you progress...would be cool project to see pictures of...good luck btw
Old 6/26/05 | 01:12 AM

Originally posted by Martimus@June 26, 2005, 12:08 AM
Actually its a pretty lame response!!! :notnice:
I'm glad you appreciate my humor. As I read the post it sounded like he was building a "GT"... well, he asked what parts he needed, and the next thing I could think of was the V8... Was I wrong? Or are you being "defensive" because you have a V6 and you think the comment about a V8 is insulting? I never insulted the guy, I see no reason for you to insult me. :notnice: :notnice:
Old 6/26/05 | 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@June 26, 2005, 12:15 AM
I'm glad you appreciate my humor. As I read the post it sounded like he was building a "GT"... well, he asked what parts he needed, and the next thing I could think of was the V8... Was I wrong? Or are you being "defensive" because you have a V6 and you think the comment about a V8 is insulting? I never insulted the guy, I see no reason for you to insult me. :notnice: :notnice:
Sorry but I saw no reason for you to insult him either! :notnice: :notnice: And though you may not realize it, you two did just that by taking jabs at his question.

There are some in the world who don't feel the need to invest in the extra horsepower and insurance costs of a Mustang GT. If he likes the look and wants to spend an extra grand for the "look" whats the harm? Its hs ride so he can do whatever he wants to with it.
Old 6/26/05 | 11:34 AM
FR500 Member

make a GT a poor mans cobra?? sorry thats not the case with some of us.......who in their right mind wants to have a car that guzzles premium gas!?!?
Old 6/26/05 | 11:37 AM

Did I say he couldn't dress his car up however he wants? Some people here have their panties so tight they aren't thinking straight. I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't claim to have a GT, which I don't see him doing.

Or are you still upset about the V8 comment? I don't see how that was an insult... I even used that smiley at the end of my line to show I wasn't being serious about it. Go bash someone with a "fake Shelby" because you obviously have something against GT guys commenting on modded V6, whether they are serious or not. :scratch:

"the veesix sux0rz the big one111!!!!!11!!!two"
Old 6/26/05 | 12:02 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Settle down boys... I think some people got a little too offeneded about the topic.

Personally I don't see a problem with it as long as GT badges are not tacked on. Then that would be posing, just like installing a cobra logo. That is my opinion, not meant to offend anyone.

Your best bet would be to get in touch with someone who works at a Ford parts counter and he can look up and see which part numbers are different. The big things are simple but things like brackets and clips could be missed.
Old 6/26/05 | 12:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@June 26, 2005, 10:40 AM
Did I say he couldn't dress his car up however he wants? Some people here have their panties so tight they aren't thinking straight. I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't claim to have a GT, which I don't see him doing.

Or are you still upset about the V8 comment? I don't see how that was an insult... I even used that smiley at the end of my line to show I wasn't being serious about it. Go bash someone with a "fake Shelby" because you obviously have something against GT guys commenting on modded V6, whether they are serious or not. :scratch:
"the veesix sux0rz the big one111!!!!!11!!!two"
Uhh huh... whatever! What this proves is how "perceptions" can differ from one person to another. And I'll end this since it's also obvious that you have your knickers in a twist over this.
Old 6/26/05 | 12:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@June 26, 2005, 11:05 AM
Personally I don't see a problem with it as long as GT badges are not tacked on. Then that would be posing, just like installing a cobra logo. That is my opinion, not meant to offend anyone.
Amen to that!

It does bring up a question however. If a V-6er installing GT emblems or a V-6er or GTer installing Cobra emblems is posing, wouldn't a GT'er removing their GT emblems also be considered posing? Or is that simply going into "stealth" mode??