05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Throwin around some ideas for ground effects

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/06, 07:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throwin around some ideas for ground effects

I was thinking about some ideas to dress up my car (Black GT Coupe) a little and was hoping to get your input. I have looked at most of the kits out there and i think i am going to use a mix and match stratagy. I have a few ideas that i think might look good. Feel free to disagree and give some of your own opinions.

I was thinking either the CS6 front fascia or GT-500 front fascia (i love the way the gt500 looks but im a little leery about doing it cuz of the whole 'poser' factor). Any other suggustions are welcome, I am looking for something that wont be too gaudy or big for the front (i.e. Roush, 3D, etc.) Im hoping to keep the cars clean look.

As for the rest of it, I was kinda thinking of going the Cervinis sides, rear, and spoiler

If not: than i will just mix and match kits pieces for the rest of it. If anyone has ideas of what would look good w/ the CS6 front or the GT-500 front, please let me know. As for the spoiler, Im pretty sure Im gonna go Cervinis C series (ducktail) no matter what. The sides, im not sure on, but i do want something because otherwise it looks like i have a plow on the front of my car. As for the rear bumper, I like the roush, but I dont want the ROUSH letters embeded in it, so i dont think thats an option, I kinda like the 3D Boy racer rear bumper too though, does anyone know if anyone sells it separately? i cant find someone who will.

Im sorry, I know this is long and confusing so thank you for any input you might have.

P.S. I havnt even thought about hoods yet, im open to suggustions (maybe CS6...idk)
Old 6/21/06, 07:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the 3D rear. You might want to look at the Saleen skirts to go with it. I like em.
Old 6/21/06, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You do realize they used the GT/CS front fascia for the CS6?

EDIT:

Still suffering from a hangover. I was thinking about the GT-H! Thanks, Buck.
Old 6/21/06, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol what? they didnt use the gt/cs front fascia for the cs6 its completely different the gt/cs looks like **** and the cs6 looks like a modern recreation of the gt350's of the past see:
Attached Thumbnails Throwin around some ideas for ground effects-shelbycs6prototype.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 6/21/06, 09:06 PM
Cobra Member

Will the 3D Carbon Rear Bumper from the "Boy Racer" kit fit on a stock GT without adding the fender flares or do you have to buy the whole kit?
Old 6/22/06, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

My thoughts....

I have a black gt too and I plan on getting the sse rear valance. For the front though I'm torn between the sse,roush, or just getting one of the chin spoilers from cdc. I don't think I like any of the side skirts out right now. Cervini's looks alright but I've heard people are having clearance issuses with that. I don't want to have to be carefull when going over speedbumps.
Old 6/22/06, 09:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PIKE2244
Will the 3D Carbon Rear Bumper from the "Boy Racer" kit fit on a stock GT without adding the fender flares or do you have to buy the whole kit?
I dont know, I would probably want the whole rear end treatment. But i do not want the whole kit. Just wondering, what do u guys think of the whole CS6 front w/ the rest being cervinis. I think it would be one of those things that would either look really good, or look like crap.
Old 6/22/06, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

to be honest im not sure i love the cs6 front fascia and if i can do it on a gt will do it no matter what althought im not sure it's possible it might be v6 only. I like the cervinis kit alot and would definately consider it but I really did not want to lower my car anymore then stock height whether it be kit or dropping it. the beauty of the cs6 front fascia is that it's pretty much stock height and if you don't add any side skirts or anything it still looks fine. If the SSE generation II with the centered exhaust rear doesn't lower the car anymore then stock (which i think it doesn't) then i probly will go with that and the cs6 front I think overall it will look the best.

Chris
Old 6/22/06, 07:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by s281sc
I dont know, I would probably want the whole rear end treatment. But i do not want the whole kit. Just wondering, what do u guys think of the whole CS6 front w/ the rest being cervinis. I think it would be one of those things that would either look really good, or look like crap.
Not exactly sure what you mean by the whole rear treatment, but I have wanted to know about the rear bumper from the "Boy Racer" for some time now so if anyone has any info I would appreciate it.
Old 6/23/06, 01:03 PM
V6 Member

Not exactly sure what you mean by the whole rear treatment, but I have wanted to know about the rear bumper from the "Boy Racer" for some time now so if anyone has any info I would appreciate it.
I ment make it so the rear looks like this (w/o the wing of course) :

Old 6/23/06, 01:10 PM

Hello... I think for it to Look like that you would have to get the Fender Flares as well for the bumper to line up correctly.... but i dunno maybe they did something different.....
Old 6/23/06, 02:23 PM

i think those kits look cool. its alittle to much for me. specially the wing on that white mustang. i went and checked out musclecardirect.com store in phoenix. its pretty cool. they carry alot of mustang body kits. I was fond of the duct tail wing they had by street scene. its real clean! i was surprized how much mustang product they carry. you should check them out..
Old 6/23/06, 04:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

my combo is a Cervini's rear and side-exhuast, Cervini's window scoops, CS6 side scoops, Cervini's front bumper or Foose (if it becomes aviliable), Fang Performance hood and (GT500, Fang Performance, Cervinis double wing, or steeda short wing)
Old 6/23/06, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

thanx for all the input so far guys. A few questions: has anyone ever seen the CS6 in person? How low is the front of that thing compared the rest of the car (or stock front bumper height). I think it was buck who was saying that he thought you could pull it off w/o side skirts (no offence buck, i belive you, i just want more opinions before a blow money on this ) also, another question: Do all of the roush rear bumpers have the ROUSH letters embeded on the back. I thought they all did but i thought i remembered seeing one a while back that didnt. Or maybe not. Thanx again guys, im sorry if i might be getting annoying at this point but im kinda particular when im putting this much money into it.
Old 6/24/06, 10:09 PM
V6 Member

Do all of the roush rear bumpers have the ROUSH letters embeded on the back. I thought they all did but i thought i remembered seeing one a while back that didnt. Or maybe not.
uh, nevermind about that, they do... (stupid question I know)
Old 6/25/06, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

I ment make it so the rear looks like this (w/o the wing of course) :

http://www.bishopsales.com/images/pr...mustang_49.jpg
Right I agree but I am afraid the rear bumper replacement from 3D won't match up to the stock fender flares unless you purchase the 3D carbon ones that are in the picture, which in turn means you need the side skirts and so on and so on, creating a ripple effect until you have the entire kit.
Old 6/26/06, 05:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

i talked with 3d about there kit when it first came out and the front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts will NOT work with OUT the flares.

thats the only reason i went with the Steeet Scene over the 3D kit

i sure wish they would make that hood though i want it baaaad lol
Old 6/26/06, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks VC I appreciate it.
Old 6/26/06, 09:52 AM
V6 Member

Another idea i had was using some saleen stuff. I like everything but the rear and the wing on the saleen so i was thinkin the whole saleen kit (including the hood, tho it will probably come later) except the rear and wing. instead i was thinking a diffrent kit for the rear, maybe SS w/ a ducktail. Again, just another idea, let me know what you think, thanx again.

(P.S. if anyone has any pics of thier car w/ kits or kit combos that they think look good, especially the ones ive mentioned, please post, thanx.)
Old 6/26/06, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

i have the SS kit (front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts and door fillers)

sorry about the picture quality. the pics were huge when i uploaded them to our website and it resized them and made some of the lines look fuzzy

Quick Reply: Throwin around some ideas for ground effects