05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

To those that have HIDs..

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/05, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What brand did you purchace. I just got my Mccloch (spelling) 8K and im having trouble with the harness. I know the ballasts both work but I can only get one to come on if i switch the connectors. :bang:
Old 12/16/05, 01:03 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Saleen, not yet installed
Old 12/16/05, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Could you guys tell me
the cost,
if they have both high and low beams, and
where you got them from?

Thanks
Old 12/16/05, 01:28 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Saleen.com, $1100

Featuring unique Saleen-designed headlamp assemblies incorporating the industry's first bi-functional Xenon/HID lamp, these lights use moveable light shield technology to achieve both high and low beam functions in a single reflector with only one HID light source.

HID headlights provide 40 percent more light in both low and high beam functions than conventional lamps. A high-performance sports car deserves high-performance lighting.

Three times more light, with 20% less energy, and last 10 times longer than standard halogen bulb. Expanded visibility producing brighter and whiter light than standard halogen bulbs. (see signs - markings - images sooner: react quicker).

Improved field of vision in distance and side illumination with uniform light coverage.

Consumes less power than traditional factory or aftermarket lighting, reducing load on the vehicle electrical system. - 35 watts produce 3200 lumens verses halogen at 55 (or greater) wattage producing 1000 lumens.

High tech appearance and performance from new technology which uses a single bulb for both low and high beam.

HID lights create light with an electric arc eliminating filaments and extending life expectancy 10 times normal halogen bulbs.

Certified compliant with all U.S./Canadian DOT requirements and SAE standards.

Package includes pair of complete replacement units (housing, lens reflectors and bulbs) with plug in harness and instructions.
Old 12/16/05, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by gmichael@December 16, 2005, 2:12 PM
Could you guys tell me
the cost,
if they have both high and low beams, and
where you got them from?

Thanks
http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services/SC101...=10-1202-B11324
Old 12/16/05, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok so i finally got them to work. I just messed with the wiring and the connectors a bit more and got them both to work. they look amazing the picture just doesnt do it justice

edit: please ignore all the crap behind the car. im having a garage sale very very soon lol
Old 12/16/05, 11:33 PM
Cobra Member

Looks sharp man. Couple of questions. First, do the high beams work also or are they only low beam? Do you plan on removing them and putting the stock bulbs back when you have to get inspected? Are you going to replace the running light bulbs so that they match in color/brightness? If so, are you going to just put in some sort of halogen upgrade or the Xenon wanna be bulb or buy another McCulloch kit for the running lights?
Old 12/17/05, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hawgman@December 17, 2005, 2:36 AM
Looks sharp man. Couple of questions. First, do the high beams work also or are they only low beam? Do you plan on removing them and putting the stock bulbs back when you have to get inspected? Are you going to replace the running light bulbs so that they match in color/brightness? If so, are you going to just put in some sort of halogen upgrade or the Xenon wanna be bulb or buy another McCulloch kit for the running lights?
Yes i had to give up my high beams but i didnt mind. Thankfuly i live in a state where we dont have inspections Ill prolly get some ultra white bulbs for the fogs just so they match with the HIDs a little better.
Old 12/17/05, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Brad, I can't wait to see your Saleen HID's installed! I would so love to have those but I can't justify the cost.

If you can, could you please take pics of them before you install? I'd love to see how they integrate the ballasts into the housing. Thanks!
Old 12/17/05, 01:45 PM
GT Member

The Saleens have both hi and lows. They are not as bright as a 7-8 k kit , i say more around 5-6k which is pretty white. Its a whole new housing with a smaller reflector, so there is no integration actually. U can tell the difference , it makes the car looks a little more bug eye, jeje.
Old 12/17/05, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

i have the saleens. there was no way i was losing high beams on a 30k car. i would recommend them highly. they are 4300k, which is the legal white HID color that is used as OEM, not the riced out 10,000k hids u see on the ghetto yukons and expeditions. if u want hids man the f up and just get the saleens, otherwise get silverstars. and switch to yellow fogs. no matter what halogen bulb u get, its gonna look bad compared to the hids. and the yellow gives it that old school look.
Old 12/19/05, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

like bryman said, I couldn't justify $1,000 for a housing that has high beams.. I mean, if your HID kit has an output of 6K, what's the need for high beams? Besides, is my understanding that the high beam effect is a piece of metal that slides down and lets out the true output on the Saleen housing, is not two separate bulbs (like OEM from others as Lexus, Mercedes, Cadillac, etc). So in reality, you are not getting all the light that the Saleen can really put through, until you put the "high beams" on... or until you remove the blockage... someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 12/19/05, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rony1976@December 19, 2005, 10:30 AM
like bryman said, I couldn't justify $1,000 for a housing that has high beams.. I mean, if your HID kit has an output of 6K, what's the need for high beams?

To pass state inspection.
Old 1/8/06, 11:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had a couple cars with factory hids and still think its the most overrated thing in cars since navigation.
Old 1/9/06, 12:08 AM

justford0099,

I've been running the Mculloch set up since the prototype H13 HID bulbs were in testing (I was one of the guinnea pigs). I've been running my set up since late May and have been very happy with it. One thing you might want to do though is double check on where your light is focusing, it might be too high or too low. If too high, you should certainly readjust so you don't blind on coming traffic. The car manual has a procedure on how to focus the lights yourself.

As for inspections (for high beams) these kits are direct plug and play systems and they plug directly to your exhisting headlamp's connector in replacement of your stock bulb to turn them on. You can easily unplug the system and drop in your stock bulb in less than 5 mins when it's time for inspections.
Old 1/9/06, 05:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@January 9, 2006, 1:34 AM
I've had a couple cars with factory hids and still think its the most overrated thing in cars since navigation.
Good to see you again Kevin. I have to agree with you, for the price, I would just have to pass on them. I am sure they are well engineered and look great. But $1100 hard-earned Americans??

Hoowee.