05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SWINGLE007 NEW MODS! WHEELS+

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by future9er24@January 19, 2005, 5:46 PM

dude, ur car has just about (well almost) everything i'd want on an 05, except i'd go with torch, but hey that's just me. keep them hot mods a comin'

Will do 9er......thanks again.....just waiting on some performance stuff now..MMr's heat shield, intake pipe, and Throttle body....guess you'll see those in a performance post sometime soon....

John
Old 1/29/05, 09:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by swingle007@January 19, 2005, 5:35 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone! In answer to Dave's questions, yes I had the winglets painted to match the paint...and it was just a small area of the mirrors that got hit with the paint......Glad ya liked it bro! I'll throw up a couple of better photos of them for you....the mirrors are still black around the top as you thought.......later!

P.S. I'd stop for ya Donna so you wouldn;t have to wreck. Just wink at me!!!!

John
Very nice John, very nice, thanks.
Old 1/29/05, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys+January 29, 2005, 10:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davids2toys @ January 29, 2005, 10:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-swingle007@January 19, 2005, 5:35 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone! In answer to Dave's questions, yes I had the winglets painted to match the paint...and it was just a small area of the mirrors that got hit with the paint......Glad ya liked it bro! I'll throw up a couple of better photos of them for you....the mirrors are still black around the top as you thought.......later!

P.S. I'd stop for ya Donna so you wouldn;t have to wreck. Just wink at me!!!!

John
Very nice John, very nice, thanks.
[/b][/quote]
If I haven't said it before, the wing looks so much better now and so much more balanced , The car really has its own personality now. The winglets paint seems to have framed in the black, which centers it more with the blacked out back and the hood.
The only thing that is bugging me about your car( and all the stock ones), is that pathetic gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender, are you planning on lowering it, I have seen the 1" kit and for my eye , made quite a difference, I think on your car it would be perfect. also, have you done something with the headlight area on your car, it doesn't look stock to me, it seems like the (gills) are a lighter color, and the glass cover looks removed in some of your pics?
Great car.....enjoy, Dave
Old 1/29/05, 10:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dave....yeah the area in the rear wheel well is kind of annoying....I wanted a 275 size tire to help with traction and I couldn't get one in a 55 height....Had to go 275/40/17 back there....Can't go with a shorter tire in front or the splitter will be on the ground so I'm sort of stuck....Probably just burn these rears off and replace them with some 255/55/17's to help narrow the gap back there....I'd love to just lower the back and not the front but I'm not sure if that's possible....Front can't be lowered or the splitter is an issue again...guess I'll have to figure out if a lowering on the rear only is feasible and go from there....thanks for the props on the car and appreciating the wing a little more when all was said and done...not sure what the deal is with the front as I haven't made any changes in that area....maybe just an optical illusion in the photos or something.....LOL...talk to ya soon amigo!

John