05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/07, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Stripes

Wow! What a great forum for Mustangs. I love reading everyones comments and opinions on what they like best about the gt/cs. I have an 08 vista blue and have a date for stripes tomorrow. I am getting black matte 10" stripes with a 1/4" stripe on the outside, these will best match the factory gt/cs door stripe. My question is how to address the rear spoiler. Do I continue on the deck lid under the spoiler, and also go over the spoiler? I have not seen an example of stripes on a gt with this spoiler. Most have the shelby spoiler or no spoiler at all. Also, will a CAI replacing my air box make my engine extremely loud, or just noticably louder and better? Thanks for the comments.
Old 9/24/07, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is not a GT/CS but maybe it will give you a better idea visually.

Out of curiousity, what is it going to cost you to do this?

Rob Omen

Edited comment: I now realize this image probably does not help you. LOL I'll keep looking around.
Attached Thumbnails Stripes-stripe.jpg  
Old 9/24/07, 12:21 PM

The cost for the material and labor is $350 includes over both bumpers. Painted stripes were $1,500 for single stage and $3,500 to $5,000 for all painted stripes under the clear coat and wet sanded smooth. Mine is a daily driver not a show car.
Old 9/24/07, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

I would go over the wing. See my "It's finally here" post for pics with my stripes. I have the GT500 wing, but you can have an idea about how it looks.
Old 9/24/07, 03:48 PM

Stripes over the spoiler

I have an 07 white one with black strips just as you are doing (1/4 edge stripe) and I had them do the spoiler as well. It looks great and it get a lot of complements. I need to get some pictures posted of mine so other can see it. You will not believe the difference the stripes will make!

Hoosier
Old 9/24/07, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Over the spoiler and continue it down the bumper.

PS welcome to the boards.
Old 9/24/07, 08:01 PM

These are not my car but are they look good. However, I think I would have done the hood scoop.
Attached Thumbnails Stripes-stripe1.jpg   Stripes-stripe5.jpg   Stripes-stripe6.jpg   Stripes-stripe4.jpg   Stripes-stripe7.jpg  

Old 9/24/07, 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gees07GT/CS
These are not my car but are they look good. However, I think I would have done the hood scoop.
WHOA! I love the font of the GT/CS stripes. Is that a real GT/CS or a clone?
Old 9/24/07, 11:32 PM

Great pics Gary, I really appreciate the effort to post those for me. I will post my pics when I get mine back on Friday. I think I am going with the 20% tint on the door windows. Just a little darker than legal, but not too noticeable.

thanks again
Old 9/25/07, 09:07 AM

Ok, so where does the stripe end on the back decklid? Does it do under the spoiler and over the spoiler?

Also, where would I go if I wanted to get the stripe put on?
Old 9/25/07, 12:20 PM

I think I am going over and under. Not sure yet, I will ask the tech. when I drop it off tonight. Locally, we have a place that does all vehicle lettering and design. They ordered the matte stripe material in the 10" size that comes with the transfer tape already attached. They have a body shop that has the expertise to remove parts that need to come off. You may have to search you area for the best shop that has the experience. Good luck.
Old 10/3/07, 03:46 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that car looks EXACTLY like mine, except my pinstripes are smaller. I also stopped the stripes where the paint ended. I also went over the trunk lid and the spoiler.

Old 10/3/07, 08:05 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I believe that that's the first time I've ever seen purple stripes.
Old 10/3/07, 12:19 PM

I like the purple stripes, it's always interesting to see how peoples tastes are different. I enjoy the variety of choices everyone makes.

I finaly got my stripes put on and will post pics ASAP. All the rain and gloom here in Oregon has kept me from getting any good shots.

On a sad note, I received my first rock chip yesterday (ouch!!) it was a good one too. Now I need some touch up paint from my dealer.

Good luck to all.
Old 10/3/07, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

These cars were made for striping.
Old 10/3/07, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

If I were to order these stripes or get them painted...

Would anyone know the dimensions off hand?

Thanks!
Old 10/3/07, 01:25 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

If those are vinyl like mine, you can't really go over the hood scoop. It would crease and become very ugly at the back rounded edge of the scoop. I'm not sure how that car was done, but my scoop was removed and complete stripes were made across the hood. We decided it would look "cleaner" that way instead of cutting around the scoop.

As for the dimensions, the stripes are 12 inches with a 2 1/4 gap. The pinstripe, from the outermost point extends a full inch.
Old 10/3/07, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
If those are vinyl like mine, you can't really go over the hood scoop. It would crease and become very ugly at the back rounded edge of the scoop. I'm not sure how that car was done, but my scoop was removed and complete stripes were made across the hood. We decided it would look "cleaner" that way instead of cutting around the scoop.

As for the dimensions, the stripes are 12 inches with a 2 1/4 gap. The pinstripe, from the outermost point extends a full inch.

Agreed. I did stripe my scoop with the vinyl and the corners are not pretty. I know it can be done, but it's real hard. My instructions even said they don't recomend striping the scoop. I want them painted on! If I could only come up with the scratch!
Old 10/3/07, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
Thanks...That's very helpful...
Old 10/3/07, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

SHAZBOT! That purple is wicked!

Quick Reply: Stripes