Search this Thread

Old 4/26/05, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found this at sfx performance:
Old 4/26/05, 02:48 PM
GT Member

Those look really small. Looks like they fit inside the back window area instead of over it, llike it might actually be stuck to the window itself instead of the body of the car. I'm on the fence about these I kinda like them/kinda don't
Old 4/26/05, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

That part is not made by Street Scene. The Street Scene scoop isnt done yet and has not been photographed..
Old 4/26/05, 04:51 PM
Cobra R Member

well mustang mike, I did go to sfx, and it does say street scene/special order, and no pricing, so sounds like its not done, but does say street scene.
Old 4/26/05, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Sodaman- Ill look into it. We haven't shown our scoop yet as its not done. Ill have our sales staff check with the guys at sfx and see whose part it is. They are giving us credit for something we haven't made! Ours will be different than the one shown..
Old 4/26/05, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Nothing like having an aftermarket company's employee right here on the board.
Old 4/26/05, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I just looked up their sight. They also show the rear window louvers as being ours. They are not. We have no plans to build the rear window louvers. Just the sides. Ill have my sales staff contact them tomorrow and get them to change their web sight. Im sure its just an oversight, but they cant mis-represent something like that. Who ever is the manufactuer is going to want to get credit for them and we want to make sure we dont get credit for something if we didnt do them. By the way stangnut- thanks for allowing us to be part of this forum. Some web sights dont like it when manufacturers get involved for fear of self promotion. We understand that and try to just answer the tech questions and advise of new products that we are manufacturing. If we ever cross the line, I hope you will advise us. We also like the input that all of you give us. I have spoken of this before. All of us at Street Scene are enthusiasts . I really enjoy the exchange that this sight offers. You have all been constructive in your comments- thanks- Mike
Old 4/26/05, 11:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Well mustang mike, since your here. A quick question. I am interested in the side window scoops, but most of them are squarish, I have scene a few around from bbr and elanor kits that are nicely rounded and look beefier. The word from them is 3m or have it molded to the car for best fit. I know cdc was planning on having a kit that was hard attached not with 3m/brackets. Can you tell me what style the street scene scoops will be and what type of attachments. I really want something solid and that looks good from inside and out. I really dont want 3m stuck on window to see from inside. I guess I would have to black out the window. But anyway any info on what you guys are working on would be great , especially the window scoops and quarter panel scoops. Thanks for any reply.
Old 4/27/05, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Sodaman- thanks for the input. We will probably use 3m tape. We do this now on our louvers and it works great. You don't see the tape from the inside cause the tape line is just up around the edge of the seal at the glass. As far as the design goes, we haven't completed it yet but I do know what you are talking about. The original scoops did have a rounder look to them. I'm not certain of the design at this time because we are still messing with it. We are thinking that we will have a couple of different versions. I was at a Mustang show recently and took several pictures of the original style scoops. The challenge is always that you want to do a retro look but you also want it to fit the lines of the modern day car. If they are too round they may not fit the lines of the current vehicle. But I do agree with you that some of what I have seen are too square. Ill post some pictures when we have finalized our designs. Thanks again for the input.. that's what I really like about this forum. We get great input from the potential users of the products.
Old 4/27/05, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@April 27, 2005, 7:40 AM
Sodaman- thanks for the input. We will probably use 3m tape. We do this now on our louvers and it works great. You don't see the tape from the inside cause the tape line is just up around the edge of the seal at the glass. As far as the design goes, we haven't completed it yet but I do know what you are talking about. The original scoops did have a rounder look to them. I'm not certain of the design at this time because we are still messing with it. We are thinking that we will have a couple of different versions. I was at a Mustang show recently and took several pictures of the original style scoops. The challenge is always that you want to do a retro look but you also want it to fit the lines of the modern day car. If they are too round they may not fit the lines of the current vehicle. But I do agree with you that some of what I have seen are too square. Ill post some pictures when we have finalized our designs. Thanks again for the input.. that's what I really like about this forum. We get great input from the potential users of the products.
Something like this would be nice. I saw this at the Atlanta Auto Show on an early model mustang. These appeared to be functional, so I'm sure that would have to change:
Old 4/27/05, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Something like this would be nice. I saw this at the Atlanta Auto Show on an early model mustang. These appeared to be functional, so I'm sure that would have to change:
[/quote]

Those are the best looking ones I have seen!!! I would buy those in a heartbeat. Anyone know who sales these?
Old 4/27/05, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Thats a great idea but I dont know how many people would be willing to remove the glass and install these. Potential for leaks? What do you all think?
Old 7/20/05, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Mike, Did you guys ever make a scoop? I have never seen one from SS.
Old 7/20/05, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by TheLegend,April 27, 2005, 11:17 AM
Those are the best looking ones I have seen!!! I would buy those in a heartbeat. Anyone know who sales these?
[/quote]

Those are stock '65 Mustang Fastback "Air Extractors" with custom paint. I wish someone would come up with something like them though.

Paul
Old 7/20/05, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

We are in the process of making a couple of diffrent scoops= I should have something for you all to see in about 3 weeks. The design is done and they are in tooling now..
Old 7/20/05, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tech@April 26, 2005, 2:20 PM
I found this at sfx performance:
I saw something exactly like these this past weekend on a Redfire Saleen GT281. They looked very, very close. I liked them a lot but did not get a chance to ask the owner where he got them. The car was at the Ford/Mustang show at Moroso on Sat 7/15. Anyone now him perhaps?
Old 7/22/05, 11:23 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@April 27, 2005, 11:24 AM
Thats a great idea but I dont know how many people would be willing to remove the glass and install these. Potential for leaks? What do you all think?
I know I would buy a set in a hearbeat. As for leaks, I know that you would get a great seal if they mounted the same way as the glass. As far as leaks where the louvers open, that I am not sure of but I am sure there has to be a way to prevent it.
Old 7/22/05, 05:08 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The blacks vents above are from the Year One project car. A '65 Mustang Fastback. Painting them black looked terrible in person.
Old 7/29/05, 09:59 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I have the SSE louvers on my Stang, and at first I was a bit nervous about how they install. But, months later, and lets just say some high speed trips, and they are on for good! I LOVE them, and constantly get compliments on them.

Mike, figures you are going to come out with a scoop... LOL Now I have to decide if I wanna switch!
Old 7/29/05, 11:27 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by tech@April 27, 2005, 9:20 AM
Yup, those are the factory vents on a 65-66 Mustang Fastback.

The first aftermarket company to do an insert like that will surely get my money. None of the current offerings completely do it for me, I like some more than others, but a real window insert like the originals is the only pne I'll bite on.

Subtle hint intended for Mike

Quick Reply: Street Scenes window scoop