05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Street Scene Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/05, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Super Snake- we appriciate your guys input also. Our team prints out your comments and we discuss them in our design and production meetings. Most of the time we listen but sometimes....(LOL) :scratch:
Old 3/16/05, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

By the way- did anyone read the article and check out the pictures closely in 5.0 Mustang- did you notice the outside mirrors? what does everyone think of the stock mirrors and the mirrors in the picture? Would anyone change out their mirrors? How about if they could be had in signal or heated glass?
Old 3/16/05, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Signal or heated glass? ... or both?

That sounds very tempting.

And to clarify.. when I said taillight covers I meant to say taillight frames. Chrome, black or body color that would delve back into the retro them a little more.
Old 3/16/05, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I have seen this kit on a few cars personaly and the lines run good along the car,my biggest concerns were gaps between the kit and the body, which I saw little of. more or less the shotty install is what stands out (tape exposed, or the side skirts not aligned properly. The side view mirrors, they fit great if the care was any other color than black. the factory ones look generic, so I would assume a nice design that can be painted (unlike the stock ones) with a few unique options would get some buyers. with everything else going on with the car the mirrors got overlooked, LOL
thanks for pointing them out, I will look closer when I get home.
Old 3/16/05, 07:27 PM
cti
V6 Member

Mike,

I got my body kit delivered today. It looks like the front and side valances came from you guys and the rear came from performancecenter.com (where I ordered it.). The rear valance was basicly bent in half and stuffed in the box. Is that normal? It's laying on my garage floor right now all curled up. In my experience plastic things are hard enough to get to fit without being curled up on top of it. Just wondering? My car will not be here for a couple of weeks is there anything I should do to this part to help it straighten out?
Old 3/16/05, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey CTI- Im surprised that the rear was folded in half- The good news is that it should straighten out. Put it in the sun for a while. Thats the good thing about urethane. Many OE parts are now made from urethane- its made to be able to take a knock and come back for more- you should be fine. If for any reason however, your not satisfied, it can be exchanged. With regards to the install aways pre-install the kit. You might need to do some adjusting or sanding to the back sides of things- for example- the door jams are tight around the side skirts- this varys fom car to car- check to see if everything clears. If not you might need to sand the back side of the skirts or corners etc. I have seen guys slap kits on and Ive seen guys take their time and do it right- its like anything else- its worth taking the time to do it right- A lot of people rush because they cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 3/17/05, 05:49 AM
cti
V6 Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@March 16, 2005, 10:35 PM
Hey CTI- Im surprised that the rear was folded in half- The good news is that it should straighten out. Put it in the sun for a while. Thats the good thing about urethane. Many OE parts are now made from urethane- its made to be able to take a knock and come back for more- you should be fine. If for any reason however, your not satisfied, it can be exchanged. With regards to the install aways pre-install the kit. You might need to do some adjusting or sanding to the back sides of things- for example- the door jams are tight around the side skirts- this varys fom car to car- check to see if everything clears. If not you might need to sand the back side of the skirts or corners etc. I have seen guys slap kits on and Ive seen guys take their time and do it right- its like anything else- its worth taking the time to do it right- A lot of people rush because they cant wait to see the finished product.
Thanks mike,
that would be me a rush cause i can't wait to see how cool it's going to be. But luckily i have no body work knowledge so it's being taken to the professinals, hopefully they know this info. Oh! and about the sun I can't wait for the day that the sun is acually warm enough to do something. way below average temps here in VA.
Old 3/17/05, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Bummer dude- its sunny and about 75 here today... Time to take the 05 Mutstang convertible out for a ride...
Old 3/17/05, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I would like to see the rear valance for the V6 installed.
Old 3/17/05, 10:50 PM
Bullitt Member

There have been several 6 cylinder kits sold- someone must have a picture by now!
Old 3/20/05, 03:35 PM

DozerzPony- Thanks for all the images. Love it.

Hey, can I steal that video of your sequential taillamps? I intend to buy a set and want to show them to friends in the meantime!
Old 3/20/05, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cti@March 16, 2005, 9:30 PM
Mike,

I got my body kit delivered today. It looks like the front and side valances came from you guys and the rear came from performancecenter.com (where I ordered it.). The rear valance was basicly bent in half and stuffed in the box. Is that normal? It's laying on my garage floor right now all curled up. In my experience plastic things are hard enough to get to fit without being curled up on top of it. Just wondering? My car will not be here for a couple of weeks is there anything I should do to this part to help it straighten out?
My SS rear valance came packaged the same way......It takes a bit of tinkering to get it to fit exactly perfect on the car. Once I had it the way I wanted it, I took it to the body shop to be painted and when I got it back it was really out of whack..I guess when the heat cured it, it warped a little bit, I was able to get it back into shape with a heat gun and some patience.

Mine looks great installed, be prepared for the double sided tape they give you not to stick what so ever to the valance! I mounted mine using a different technique.

Mike
Old 3/20/05, 06:02 PM
cti
V6 Member

Mike,
If your on here I got some more questions about my body kit. I ordered the chrome grill's upper and lower, I never saw what they looked like. I think I finaly saw a picture today and it says that those parts just cover existing grills, and the one I saw didn't have the pony. If I use this part does that mean I cant use the pony or does it require some fabrication etc. The other question is the pictures I saw had grill/mesh over the small holes where do I get that?
Old 3/20/05, 08:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Crash@March 20, 2005, 2:38 PM
DozerzPony- Thanks for all the images. Love it.

Hey, can I steal that video of your sequential taillamps? I intend to buy a set and want to show them to friends in the meantime!
You bet. It's actually on the webelectrics.com site next to my profile.
Old 3/21/05, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

You can re-use the Pony- The grilles are an overlay. On the GT its a 3 piece overlay. Two around the lights and one in the center. On the 6 cylinder, its a 1 piece. You take the Pony off the existing grille and overlay it on top of the Speed Grille. It should work out just fine. Its made that way cause some people want to keep the Pony while others want to remove it. Its made to work both ways.
Old 3/21/05, 03:22 PM
cti
V6 Member

Originally posted by Mustang Mike 05@March 21, 2005, 9:00 AM
You can re-use the Pony- The grilles are an overlay. On the GT its a 3 piece overlay. Two around the lights and one in the center. On the 6 cylinder, its a 1 piece. You take the Pony off the existing grille and overlay it on top of the Speed Grille. It should work out just fine. Its made that way cause some people want to keep the Pony while others want to remove it. Its made to work both ways.
Thanks for all the help.
I called the auto. line just now and my car is locked in for production next week. That's extra good news cause the garage is filling up fast with all the extras. Can't wait to see what it looks like when they roll it out of the body shop.
Old 3/21/05, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Very Cool! Cant wait to see pictures of it all done!
Old 3/21/05, 06:23 PM
cti
V6 Member

They are saying that the ss grills just zip tie over the existing grill. How does the lower grill attach on the ss front valance?
Old 3/21/05, 06:25 PM
cti
V6 Member

They are saying that the ss grills just zip tie over the existing grill. How does the lower grill attach on the ss front valance? Oh yea and what about my question on the mesh for small lower holes?
Old 3/21/05, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Most Speed Grilles install with clips or ties. Pretty easy - no cutting or drilling.

Quick Reply: Street Scene Equipment