05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Still Nothing from Harman's Showlenses

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/07, 06:38 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still Nothing from Harman's Showlenses

I still have not been able to get any responses via e-mails, internet or direct phone calls to Rickman at Harman's Showlenses.

I placed an order for lens covers on July 3, paid by credit card. I am going to contact my bank to see how I cancel. Has anyone heard from this outfit recently?
Old 7/17/07, 06:53 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check out over on 2005stang.com. I know he at least used to be a sponsor there. If you're from Tuscon, there's a lot of great AZ guys on that site.
Old 7/17/07, 07:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I haven't heard from him either. I sent him an E-mail to cancel my order. I'll see if he responds to that?

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
I still have not been able to get any responses via e-mails, internet or direct phone calls to Rickman at Harman's Showlenses.

I placed an order for lens covers on July 3, paid by credit card. I am going to contact my bank to see how I cancel. Has anyone heard from this outfit recently?
Old 7/17/07, 09:36 PM
GTR Member

Lens covers ruined one of my headlite covers ..I will take a pic tomorrow
Old 7/17/07, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter,

I was the guy who had problems with this outfit. Ordered sequencers and got them in a timely manner. Then my new dog ate the instructions and the pair of detached wires with connectors mysteriously disappeared. I attempted getting a hold of Rick through various e-mails and countless voice messages. I never received any reply. Luckily a member on this forum sent me some pics of how to wire the main waffle board and even mailed me a pair of the missing wires without asking for any compensation. I was able to install the kit in my wife's car with no problems. I posted this info but my post has mysteriously disappeared. Let's just say I won't be ordering from this company again.
Old 7/18/07, 01:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Boltz- What? How does that happen?
Willie- Hello- going Friday?
Walter - Sorry to hear about your issue!
Old 7/18/07, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Greg - Assuming the weather cooperates, yes! A good friend of mine is also planning on going but not running. He owns a Sonic Blue '05 GT that's been converted to Eleanor!

The plan is to run my wife's V6 but I'll have my car there too. My car isn't completely tuned yet nor does it have driveshaft safety loops. Also, my helmet no longer meets the current NHRA safety rule (it did until last year). The DSL is required for cars running 13.99 and faster. I also told myself many years ago that I would never run on street tires again. It appears that I will be making another "purchase" -- wheels and either E/T Streets or Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires.

Last weekend, I configured my wideband O2. The next step is to datalog and do some tweaking to my A/F ratio and play around with timing. So by running my wife's V6, I will not need safety loops, a fire retardent jacket, a helmet AND she'll be able to run down the track as a passenger for the first time EVER!! Here's a pic of my wife's V6.

Are you going?
Attached Thumbnails Still Nothing from Harman's Showlenses-4318.jpg  
Old 7/18/07, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Thanks Willie.

Falchion: I sent an e-mail cancelling my order as well but heard nothing back. I am going to have to contact the bank that issued my Visa and see how to get my money back.
Old 7/18/07, 04:37 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Boltz- What? How does that happen?
Willie- Hello- going Friday?
Walter - Sorry to hear about your issue!
i took them off the other day and was shocked to see the plastic underneath looked weathered. It was only one headlite.They were on for about 3 or 4 months,but my car is hardly ever driven and garaged all the time..I did wash the car w/out taking them off,so maybe that had something to do w/ it.My wife has my camera and wont be back till Friday so I'll post pics then..Luckily its under warranty..i wont tell ford that i had tinted them though
Old 7/18/07, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hi Willie - Sent you a PM, car is looking good. Alway's good practice with any car to get used to the lights!
Old 7/18/07, 06:58 PM

Thanks, I guess I'll do the same thing?

Thanks Willie.

Falchion: I sent an e-mail cancelling my order as well but heard nothing back. I am going to have to contact the bank that issued my Visa and see how to get my money back.
Old 7/19/07, 06:45 PM
GTR Member

maybe he's dead?
Old 7/21/07, 01:38 PM
GT Member

If he is dead, his estate took my Visa money. I checked with my bank today and Harman's Showlenses has received my Visa payment.

Since ordering on July 3, I have called (the "no call goes unanswered number) and sent 5 e-mails, the last two saying I wanted to cancel.

My bank says I have to initiate a "dispute" on the charge. It is only $25 but I do not know how you can have a website and not have someone manning it, or the phone, or the e-mail.

I hope he isn't dead.
Old 7/22/07, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

hmmm, very strange!
Old 7/22/07, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

About one month ago I was having problems contacting Rick. I left several voice messages. Here's where it gets weird. I was unable to leave a message once because his voicemail box was full. I tried one or two days later and was able to leave a message. Someone emptied his voicemail box but I never did get a call back.

Willie
Old 7/22/07, 07:36 PM

Yeah, I get really sick of this kind of thing! I know it's only $25, but really!

Everybody these days want to charge up your credit card right away, but they don't want to send out the parts that you ordered! Errr!

I already called my credit card company, but the disputes department was closed, but I'm going to call them tomorrow!

I'll keep you guys posted!

I went ahead today and disputed the charge with my credit card company. I have a billet grill that I'm going to install anyways, so I don't really need the covers any more........

Originally Posted by Willie
About one month ago I was having problems contacting Rick. I left several voice messages. Here's where it gets weird. I was unable to leave a message once because his voicemail box was full. I tried one or two days later and was able to leave a message. Someone emptied his voicemail box but I never did get a call back.

Willie
Old 7/23/07, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Falchion,
Thanks for the info. I am going to my bank tomorrow. What information did they need to file a dispute? I made a copy of the invoice and my e-mails.

Post pictures of your billet grill when you get it done!
Old 7/23/07, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Add me to the list of those suckered into the lens covers...

Doh...
Old 7/24/07, 08:20 AM

They wanted to know when I made the order, how many times I tried to contact the business, when I tried to contact them, etc.....

No big deal really. You guys should do the same.........

Falchion,
Thanks for the info. I am going to my bank tomorrow. What information did they need to file a dispute? I made a copy of the invoice and my e-mails.

Post pictures of your billet grill when you get it done!
Old 7/24/07, 06:54 PM
GT Member

I just checked out a thread on the Mustang Forums website and, lo and behold, there is a thread about Rickman's Showlenses messing up people's fog lamps. They leave a residue that will not come off. Guess we are lucky we did not get them. I am happy with the Lamin-X covers.

Quick Reply: Still Nothing from Harman's Showlenses