05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Spinners

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/04, 01:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks like it just snaps in like any center cap. Easy to put on any ford wheel, and easy to steal too
Old 5/26/04, 02:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the spinners look good on the wheel they come from. now if you got a set redesigned to match with the bullitt style wheels like in the pic brad posted it might look good.
Old 5/26/04, 03:37 PM

I could personally care less, but the fact is those v6 wheels are wanna be gt-40 halibrands. If you like them, then great, buy them. I think they like crap, I wouldn't put them next to my car, let alone on it. People screaming about RICE is exactly my point. I want fake shiny crap on my car too, just not spinners and wings (scoops and shiny emblems would be nice though). I think they look retro-fake-ghetto. I can't see the picture, but I'll take your word that ford put fake spinners on before, I'm guessing I would dislike them as well. It's like having a fake gas cap, oh wait, we have one of those too. Maybe I'll glue an Aston LeMans style cap in the rear window. Again, if it's your car and it makes you happy, do as you like, I just think it's hypocritical to read posts like this, then see bashing of import cars, or wings, or other mods that you don't approve of and call them rice.
Old 5/27/04, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question. What is a fake spinner? Someone explain to me the concept of a fake spinner. What is a real spinner?

Anyway here is a sad chop I just did: I'm not sure how I like the look. Its going to have to be a "seen in person" type thing to decide.
Old 5/27/04, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just checking Halibrand's website and I cant find a single rim that looks like ford copied it so they could have "fake" halibrands for the 15-17 year olds.
Halibrand

They used to make a CobraII rim. But hey does ford even forge their own rims? So maybe what you call a fake halibrand is actually made by halibrand.
Anybody know who is making the rims for the 05.
Old 5/27/04, 09:01 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by jarradasay@May. 27th, 2004, 9:47 AM
Question. What is a fake spinner? Someone explain to me the concept of a fake spinner. What is a real spinner?

Anyway here is a sad chop I just did: I'm not sure how I like the look. Its going to have to be a "seen in person" type thing to decide.
A real spinner (not the bling bling ghetto type) is a wheel that has in essence a single lug nug. it is a large nut that spins on opposite of the way the tire rotates to keep them tight. Think Indy cars they have a modern version. The "Spinner" part is a special version of this single center oriented lug nut that has the 3 wings on it. These are there because the only way you used to be ablr to get them off is smacking them with a rubber or wooden mallet that you kep in the car.

Alot of old racing cars used them GT40, Ferraris...etc. You didn't see them on the street alot.

A fake spinner is mearly a centercap for your rim that looks like the old winged single lugnut. It's strickly decoration.

Now the new urbanized spinners are a rediculous looking fad that should never have come into being as far as I'm concerned. They have Zero to do with the traditional idea of spinners
Old 5/27/04, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

My bad, I didnt know they referred to those as "spinners". Makes sense now tho, the fake portion of it anyway.
Old 5/27/04, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

The "fake" spinner, (spinner center is more accurate - but try saying it three times fast!) probably snaps into place. Unfortunate, because it would seem to be more prone to flying off at speed with those little wings to catch the wind...

Personally I have always liked the Cragar/SS wheels with the spinner caps. And I would like to see the halibrand-style wheel offered in a 17-18" size, machined finish for the GT or SE.

hippy, your last post makes YOU look like the hypcrite. Not that I really care either way...