05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/07, 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++

Well the title says it all. Silver horse has come thru again. I am waiting on there auto shifter bezel so I will post those pics later but my louvers and Ebrake came in today. They both look awesome, unbelievable would be better state it. It will probably be a few days or week before I can get the louvers in as the weather hasnt been to nice to us here in st. louis. I may have them installed for me. But here is the new triple chrome e brake handle. I tried to take several pics from different angles/flash no flash etc. Also tried showing the crappy roush bezel in the background. As you can tell there chrome doesnt even match up at all, scratch up all over the place, crappy product in my opinion, but right behind it you will also see shr cup holder bezel that has been in for just as long and it almost looks new. So I highly recommend any of silver horse racing products, they are all that and then some. Thanks for everything marcello you rock!!! Well heres a few pics to wet your whistle. Sorry as usual my car is dirty, LOL. Later all.
Attached Thumbnails Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010141.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010143.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010144.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010145.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010146.jpg  

Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010147.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010148.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010150.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010151.jpg   Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++-p1010142.jpg  

Old 4/12/07, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Looks !

I hope you don't have the "GT" engraved on your shifter bezel though, that might be a bit of "GT" overload...
Old 4/12/07, 05:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Looks !

I hope you don't have the "GT" engraved on your shifter bezel though, that might be a bit of "GT" overload...

Yes I do and I love it, more gt, more gt, more gt, LOL.

Yah I thought about going with the plain bezel at first, but you know what he does such **** good work, I had to have something there, If I could have had a pony I would have done that, but copyright infringements etc. wont let that happen, so gt all over it is. The other products out there with the ponys etc dont even compare in quality. I am sticking with silverhorse, there work says it all. good luck
Old 4/12/07, 06:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man ,I love it
Old 4/12/07, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Blingtastic !
Old 4/12/07, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

That looks like a nice piece! A little too much "GT" for me too though
Old 4/12/07, 09:40 PM
GT Member

cool
Old 4/12/07, 09:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Blingtastic !
I like that word, blingtastic........gotta us it at scrabble
Old 4/12/07, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

GT frenzy

GTy up...GTy up...GTy up.littledoggies..Yeahhhhhhhaaawwwwwwww
Old 4/13/07, 06:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know if they will be offering this in a Satin Aluminum, for those who aren't the chrome type?
Old 4/13/07, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

That's a bit much. I have the satin MGW piece and I think it's borderline for looks, a chrome one with GT on it, my o my.

I don't get this desire to have GT lettering on every bloody part in an interior.
Old 4/13/07, 11:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowtown
I don't get this desire to have GT lettering on every bloody part in an interior.
A not-so-subtle reminder that he didn't buy an underpowered V6?
Old 4/13/07, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't mind the GT logo but I don't like the fact that it doesn't match the GT logos on our car. I'd rather not have the logo then have an incorrect one. It probably has to do with some beurocratic licensing bu11sh*T from ford.
Old 4/13/07, 03:04 PM
Cobra R Member

well thanks for all the comments, as it is mine, and It really livens up the dead interior that ford came out with, I think chrome is the only way to go. The interior upgrade package is really week in my opinion other than the chrome bezels around the vents, the satin upgrade color is dull at best. So yes I want some blingtastic to add to the nice icap and everything else I am adding with lots of color etc. As for lots of the gt, yes it is. But I really dont like plain stuff. I dont like the color white, etc. would never own a white car. So I have no problem adding chrome with the gt on it all over the place. I am more than happy with the pieces, and the quality is second to none. If you want to stay calm and dont want a flashy interior he has plain satin pieces. So every which way is available, get what you like and thats what I did. Good luck
Old 4/13/07, 03:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by odiaz
I don't mind the GT logo but I don't like the fact that it doesn't match the GT logos on our car. I'd rather not have the logo then have an incorrect one. It probably has to do with some beurocratic licensing bu11sh*T from ford.
I agree! The script angle is what has stopped me from buying a few of SHR's products! that and the fact that historically speaking sports/muscle cars interiors have always been spartan/ understated! Interiors designed for function and purpose! but if a person wants to make their cars interior look like a Bordello/cat house thats cool!!
Old 4/14/07, 08:30 PM
GTR Member

for any of you that do car shows, you know that plain jane just don't cut it..You gots to have some bling in your thing
Old 4/15/07, 01:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL, thanks Soda!

Yes, we have all of our interior pieces in satin clear anodized or triple-chrome plated finish, some even in black anodized for a real subdued look.

Yes we have the e-brake handle available with and without the GT engraving.

Yes the reason our GT looks different is due to trademark rights. No we will not be offering the Ford versions anytime soon, as we don't have an "inside" track to being licensed, and really don't care to at this time - it helps keep your costs down as well, believe it or not.
Old 4/15/07, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

L don t have a SE Mustang.... sad to say i have a GT...... so I will roll with the GT logos..... I like it
Old 4/16/07, 03:53 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Marcello!

Are you aware that a (very) similar e-brake handle and many other parts like yours are being sold in Europe from a company called Dupont Performance? I hope they're just one of your vendors, but I was surprised to read that Dupont is being mentioned as the manufacturer.

Have a look at the link below, I recognize some of the parts from your website (e-brake, shifter bezel, door handles, fuel doors):

http://www.mustang-shop.de/s02.php?s...=Dupont%20Perf.
Old 4/16/07, 01:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Louie,

Thanks for the link. I was keeping this "under wraps" until we were done with the transfer, but I guess now is as good a time as any to discuss this in the open what's been happening.

The designs that are original in appearance (the e-brake handle is not of my design, basically because they knocked off MGW with this one) have either been a collaboration between us and Dupont who actually has the machinery to produce the parts or 100% our original designs - they are a "job shop" that does contract work for us (just like the anodize shops, platers, mold shop, etc...). This is common in the industry as you normally can't have all the equipment in-house that is needed to produce the products to completion, so you subcontract some of the work out, but normally the subcontractor (Dupont) does not do this to the one contracting the work (us).

They were my customer in my previous life (CNC sales and service work) and I thought that they would be a good contract shop to work with for production of our parts. Unfortunately, they continue to flip the designs out the back door as their "own" and of course kind of ride on our coat tails as we make the product "right" and spend the advertising money required to let people know it exists. Not one piece that they have made was correct or finished any better than that of any of the other companies that we compete against when started, and all the "ornate" work is because I add it into the design and require it in our specifications for the finished product. I can show you pictures of their "original" work, and it looks pretty much identical to that of much lesser offerings on the market - these guys are great at copying products, but very bad at innovating designs.

So... where does that leave us?

As a small business, we started out by subcontracting our billet work to this shop, and while we could have pulled the work long ago and just moved it to another job shop, we held off until now.... because we have been saving for and now have the first of our new machining centers here, and the other is on order and on the way (the one that will allow us to do the 07 A/C *****, among other things).

Our new in-house programmer / machinist works on the Space Shuttle program, and one of our design consultants is a world-champion 1911 shooter and builder, who's work has been on the covers of more magazines than I care to mention (hence where the serration cut came from on the outer edge of our shifter bezels). So we've been building up to the point where we can do all the manufacturing of our billet pieces in-house, and therefore get total control of the design and method of manufacture, rather than having to contend with issues presented by the shop in question.

As Emeril says on the cooking show, "We're going to kick it up a notch." More details will be forthcoming as I can make them public. Of course, I fully expect that they will continue to copy our designs after we release them, but that's just part of the business in billet items, as we are finding out. At least then though, it will take them some time to do it, because I won't be handing them the drawings and dimensions prior to the release...

Quick Reply: Silver Horse Does it Again-Ebrake+++++++