05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

silver 05's with street scene

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody got pics of a silver gt with the streetscene body kit on it ???
Old 4/5/05, 07:41 PM
FR500 Member

Street Scene's kit is just as bad, if not worse than Xenon's kit IMO. I think it stinks. And I doubt you'll see many cars with the whole body kit. Other than the orange one from Street Scene themselves.
Old 4/5/05, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 5, 2005, 5:44 PM
Street Scene's kit is just as bad, if not worse than Xenon's kit IMO. I think it stinks. And I doubt you'll see many cars with the whole body kit. Other than the orange one from Street Scene themselves.
Geez! those are strong words, Acadian.

and to answer the question, i havnt seen a silver one yet, but there is a red one floating around in the forums,
Old 4/5/05, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

There are a few on the Street Scene Web sight gallery. There is now a green convertible with a body kit as well as a red one and a yellow one. WWW.streetsceneeq.com go to the gallery section.
Old 4/5/05, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks mike
Old 4/5/05, 09:44 PM
FR500 Member

Saying the kit stinks is strong words? Not really sure if I agree. I am just expressing my opinion. And I definitely don't like the SS kit at all.
Old 4/6/05, 03:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

could we please not argue about who likes and disslikes the kit on this thread, i just want to see pics of a silver gt with the kit thats all, thanks to those who are staying on topic i do appreciate that
Old 4/6/05, 06:27 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I think the street scene kit is one of the best ones out there right now. If I just didn't buy a new house I would have not cancelled my order.
Old 4/6/05, 07:12 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 5, 2005, 7:44 PM
Stinks as in you don't like how it looks or stinks as in quality?
Old 4/6/05, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

We had a production meeting this morning about the fact that some of you think the Street Scene body kit stinks. Our original perfume that we mixed in the urethane of the kit was a horse smell to honor the Mustang theme. However since some of you think it stinks, we are going to change the perfume in the kit to a kinder, gentler rose smell. Please let us know if it still stinks or if you like the rose smell better. Regards- Your friends at Street Scene.....
Old 4/6/05, 07:34 AM
GT Member

Well I'm not getting it now... I really wanted that fresh farm smell :angry: Hopefully I will get a left over
Old 4/6/05, 08:18 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Haha, good one Mike. Too bad I live out in the country and deal with the horse smell all the time. That new rose smell sure will be nice. Guess I'd better order the front bumper right away
Old 4/6/05, 10:41 AM
FR500 Member

Just read over this post again... kinda forgot about it. Funny one Mike, but unfortunately I was referring to the style of the kit. I can't comment on quality since I haven't actually seen anything upclose. The main thing I don't like are the very bubbly quarter window louvers. But I also don't like the front bumper... it's just way to square and boxy. And I guess since I am on the subject, the side skirts and rear bumper piece look really cheap and added on. But to each his own. I personally don't like body kits at all. I can imagine adding a hood scoop or louvers, or even maybe a front splitter, but an entire kit... looks like rice to me.

And John, if you get the SS front bumper (of course I'd have to see it on your car with the stripes on, etc.) I may just have to take your car off my deskyop, bro.
Old 4/6/05, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I don’t get offended when someone doesn’t like something we make. To each his own. This market is plenty big and everyone has different tastes. That’s what makes this a “custom†industry. If we couldn’t each individualize our cars then there wouldn’t be a market. Our body kit is selling very well but as I have said before, Ill always try not to use this forum as a sales tool. We are here to answer questions, get feedback and build the products you guys are all asking about. We are guests on this forum and we want to always be reminded of that. All of us at Street Scene are enthusiasts and we try to keep up on the market place. This forum does just that for us. Truth is most of us in the aftermarket industry are good friends. There are a few a-holes for sure but for the most part, we all get along and talk often. While we have competitors, there’s enough room for all of us. There are things I like about my competitors products and things I don’t like. As far as the “bubbles†in the side louvers, we are working on a Generation 2 louver right now which has a square shape to it. You comments are always welcome! The best thing is, everyone here loves the new Mustang!
Old 4/6/05, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

How does the SS SS look (Satin Silver Street Scene)?

My GT is SS and Street Scene were on my list of 2 for kits - the Roush kit won out. I liked the Roush as it added that wee bit more individuality to the rear, with the different exhaust set up.

Ordered the kit 2/22 in good faith. Had my card charged around the same time as the order. STILL haven't shipped the kit and aren't replying to my emails as to when they will ship. Whenever I can I get the same answer every time - "Next week, we hope...".

Mike, I wish you were less honourable and jumped in here selling some more! If I knew then what I know now... Anyway, I think Street Scene's kit looks great. Good luck and may your sales success continue!
Old 4/6/05, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Good luck on your Roush kit- its a nice set up. They build good quality into their products. ( like us!) We are also a little backed up in our production so I have no room to talk. As you might know, we only sell through distributors. We have several hundred distributors across the nation. They would have my $%&@ if we sold direct to the public! Thanks for the comments. - Mike
Old 4/6/05, 02:00 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Well save me some money and sell me a kit directly. If they take you hiney you still have lots of body parts left
Old 4/6/05, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

xenon's is on the cover of the new MM&FF I believe
Old 4/6/05, 03:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Adrenalin- its not my hiney that Im worried about! Tsbird- you are correct- that is Xenons kit on the cover.
Old 4/6/05, 04:35 PM
cti
V6 Member

Mike got another question?

I got your full kit with the chrome grills upper and lower and while I don't intend to install any of this stuff on my own, I flipped through the directions and they leave alot to be desired. For example it says to put the lower grill in with the side marked top up. I have looked repeatedly and still don't see that. The part that shows the clips going on I don't see any lip where they are suppose to clip. and the picture of where you are suppose to drill holes for the push clips is completly unable to make out. Also the upper grill- you told me about moving the pony to mount to your grill but there is nothing in the directions about that and looking at the acual pony looks like it is in a plastic mold that is part of the oe grill. I know these parts are suppose to be child's play to install but the directions for them are not. HELP ME be able to explain it to someone else.

Quick Reply: silver 05's with street scene