05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

She's Back!

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/06, 07:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a superb and professional job ... and it looks really goo too.
Old 2/5/06, 08:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Looks great Paul!
How much $$$ did it cost to get installed (both stripes and side graphics)? Would like to know the going rate so I don't get taken for a ride.
Old 2/5/06, 10:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow BSM has good prices too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I think i should get me a set of Charcoal metallic stripesez [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Those pics looks great Paul. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 5, 2006, 10:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks great Paul!
How much $$$ did it cost to get installed (both stripes and side graphics)? Would like to know the going rate so I don't get taken for a ride.
[/b][/quote]

$120 - Stripes from Baltimore Street Mods
$65 - Rocker Panel Stripes from Wholesale-Auto-Decals

$200 for installation, (7 Hours for Installation. $40 an hour)

Total came out to $280, but he brought it back down to $200, which was awesome but I couldnt do that to him, so I tiped him $50!

*NOTE* The Baltimore Street Mods Kit was a little bit of a tricky kit. When you order the kit from the website, you let them know if you want the washers cut-out or not. I had the kit pre-cut to have them cutout! As I said, they give you all the pieces, they give you pieces for the spoiler, whether you have one or not and they give you two pieces for the front bumper, one for license plate cut-out and the other for no license place cut out. Now the tricky part. All the pieces are cut along one big strip of sheeting, the biggest problem is figuring out where each of the pieces go. So I figured it out on my own. It would of been nice if they came labeled or if a picture diagram came with the instructions.

So back to the subject. I wrote a note to them and told them to save the two pieces with the cut out for the license plate because I was going to use those two pieces for when I get my CDC Chin Spoiler. So i was going to have the front bumper fully striped without the cutout for the plate. I went back to pick it up and they told me what happened. The front bumper pieces for the NON-License Plate Cutout wasn't long enough, IT WAS VERY SHORT!! So they had to modify the kit a little bit and use all the pieces (both the NON-Cut out and the Cut-Out piece) to blend the stripes in and they did a fantastic job on doing that, and they blend it in under the small lip on the front bumper which is hardly noticeable! The only other problem the guy who installed it told me that some of the pieces were a little longer and caused a lot of overlap (trunk pieces, roof pieces) but once again this guy went above and beyond his service and blended the back end of the trunk where it meets the center panel with the GT emblem on the back and he blended it in under the curved lip of the trunk!

Overall, the guy was a little frustrated with the kit but was happy to have the car turn out looking fantastic! He wants me to get a pic of the car out in the daylight and send it to him and he is going to mount it on his wall at his facility to show his customers the outstanding job he does, and he well deserves it! I am going to write Baltimore Street Mods and email and let him know of this happening and maybe he can modify his instructions a little bit and add some more vinyl to some of the parts, especially the front bumper pieces so no one would have the same problem I did.

Overall I'm very pleased with the way the car turn out and very pleased with the price for the baltimore street mods kit
Old 2/6/06, 07:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Paul, thanks for the write up.
Hope whomever I choose to do the install figures it out like your guy did.
Old 2/6/06, 09:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 6, 2006, 9:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Paul, thanks for the write up.
Hope whomever I choose to do the install figures it out like your guy did.
[/b][/quote]

I'll post you pics of both the bumper and the trunk......
Old 2/6/06, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Lookin good, put where is that front licence plate at. You know it's illegal not to have one on in the front in Jersey Mr. Police officer in traing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] .
Old 2/6/06, 09:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torrence @ February 6, 2006, 11:12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Lookin good, put where is that front licence plate at. You know it's illegal not to have one on in the front in Jersey Mr. Police officer in traing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] .
[/b][/quote]

Its under my seat, hehe! I know its illegal but as this point i dont care, to me the front license plate kills the look of the stang. But I havent got caught yet *knock on wood*. And I've had soooo many different twp. cops up all over my car checking it out and have not said a thing about the front license plate missing. I'm very suprised. *knock on wood again*
Old 2/6/06, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmm... I saw several other TMSers cars on BSM's photos page. I wonder if any of them had the same problems?
Old 2/6/06, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Just what our area needed Paul, another Sonic with stripes to take the pressure of my wife.
Now she can say it was someone else. It's tough to notice the side stripes are different from the front or back. (She has reverse c-stripes)
No front plate for us either.
Who did it?
Old 2/6/06, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hispony @ February 6, 2006, 8:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just what our area needed Paul, another Sonic with stripes to take the pressure of my wife.
Now she can say it was someone else. It's tough to notice the side stripes are different from the front or back. (She has reverse c-stripes)
No front plate for us either.
Who did it?
[/b][/quote]

name of the place was Pinelands AutoBody & Collision. They are on Rt. 206 in Vincentown, about 1 mile north from the Red Lion Circle in Southampton. They do all body/paint work for Medford Ford dealer.
Old 2/9/24, 07:38 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Think I Will Do A Post Here & See If I Scare Up Some Old Members Still Subscribed! All very Familiar Names!

KC
Old 2/10/24, 07:18 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Out of the old members who are still subscribed to this thread, I would really like to see TacoBill pop back on here, just to follow-up and let us all know how he's been doing... I really miss his step-by-step instructional threads.
Old 2/10/24, 07:32 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...7/#post7083478
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Out of the old members who are still subscribed to this thread, I would really like to see TacoBill pop back on here, just to follow-up and let us all know how he's been doing... I really miss his step-by-step instructional threads.
Here You Go!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...7/#post7083478

KC
Old 2/10/24, 08:02 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, as I just submitted a reply to Bill's post over on the anniversary thread... I had no idea that he even submitted a response just recently, until you brought it to my attention just moments ago.
The following users liked this post:
RCW (2/11/24)