05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shelby GT500 rear bumper Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/07, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More confusion...

Ok, I spent some time talking with my body shop guy and with a Ford dealer parts manager today and tried to sort out pricing.

The body shop guy really wasn't a lot of help only because he didn't really have the time to try and sort it out. But - the dealership parts guy spent some time and this is what he said regarding the CS bumpers. However, in the end, I really do not know if he was any help at all...

According to him, there are two different numbers that are listed as being available for California Special Rear Bumper Covers. The first number is:

7R37-17K835-AAPBP which he said is for cars built PRIOR to June of 2006.

The second number (again, according to him) is:

7R37-17K835-AABBP which is for cars built AFTER June of 2006.

Honestly, it was ALL very confusinng with all the pre and post June '06 numbers.

I tried to get him to clarify the texture issue but he was no help and had no pictures to refer to. He did say that the pricing is considerably different on the two bumpers.

The one for PRIOR to June '06 build lists for $518.27 and that he would sell it for $414.62. Oddly enough, he said that the one for cars built AFTER June of '06 LISTED for (get THIS) $414.62 and that he could sell IT for $331.69.

So... this really didn't help clear anything up and since I had to do this over the phone (I'm at work today), I finally gave up and thanked him for his time.

Do any of THESE numbers make sense? I asked him about the commonality between the Shelby GT and the C/S rear bumpers as well as about the texture issue with the GT-500 bumper vs the CS/Shelby GT bumper but he just got more confused himself. He DID say that the 7R37-17K835-AAPTM or -BAPTM were for the Shelby GT-500 but his info was not exactly clear about that.... He also said that the "PTM" only stood for "Paint To Match" - not sure why that was important to point out but he did.

Can anyone clarify this any better with these numbers he provided?
Old 6/18/07, 02:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmcolegr
Yes you are correct about the difference. Tha AAPTM is the CS and the BAPTM is the GT 500. The GT 500 is almost twice as expensive as the CS. That is why most opt for the CS.

Both are still available though.

The rivets attach the wiring harness mount to the rear fascia and the seals prevent water from leaking into the body.

Splash shields are a matter of personal taste.
Hey tmcolegr...what are the seals for exactly? I mean, where do they go?
Old 6/18/07, 04:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Steve
Ok, I spent some time talking with my body shop guy and with a Ford dealer parts manager today and tried to sort out pricing.

The body shop guy really wasn't a lot of help only because he didn't really have the time to try and sort it out. But - the dealership parts guy spent some time and this is what he said regarding the CS bumpers. However, in the end, I really do not know if he was any help at all...

According to him, there are two different numbers that are listed as being available for California Special Rear Bumper Covers. The first number is:

7R37-17K835-AAPBP which he said is for cars built PRIOR to June of 2006.

The second number (again, according to him) is:

7R37-17K835-AABBP which is for cars built AFTER June of 2006.

Honestly, it was ALL very confusinng with all the pre and post June '06 numbers.

I tried to get him to clarify the texture issue but he was no help and had no pictures to refer to. He did say that the pricing is considerably different on the two bumpers.

The one for PRIOR to June '06 build lists for $518.27 and that he would sell it for $414.62. Oddly enough, he said that the one for cars built AFTER June of '06 LISTED for (get THIS) $414.62 and that he could sell IT for $331.69.

So... this really didn't help clear anything up and since I had to do this over the phone (I'm at work today), I finally gave up and thanked him for his time.

Do any of THESE numbers make sense? I asked him about the commonality between the Shelby GT and the C/S rear bumpers as well as about the texture issue with the GT-500 bumper vs the CS/Shelby GT bumper but he just got more confused himself. He DID say that the 7R37-17K835-AAPTM or -BAPTM were for the Shelby GT-500 but his info was not exactly clear about that.... He also said that the "PTM" only stood for "Paint To Match" - not sure why that was important to point out but he did.

Can anyone clarify this any better with these numbers he provided?
Steve,

Check this site, Bill from Team Ford is doing a group buy for this bumper and the price very reasonable. I spoke with him and he will get back with me.
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=6885284
Old 6/18/07, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by QuikStang
Hey tmcolegr...what are the seals for exactly? I mean, where do they go?
Look at the attached illustration. The 17D955 wiring harness bracket has 2 alignment pins which protrude through the fascia into the body. These alignment pins align the fascia with the body. Bad news is, without those seals water can run directly into the body. Now see the 17A953. These are felt seals (one on each side) that seal the fascia to the body and prevent water from leaking into the body. The seals are made of foam and cost about $4.00 ea but will prevent leaks and rust. Details like this are the difference between just an average installation and a very high quality installation
Attached Thumbnails Shelby GT500 rear bumper Part Number-fascia.jpg  
Old 6/18/07, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Time to pull out the big guns. Call Kevin Casey at Clevenger Ford:

http://www.clevengerford.com/main.htm

He's the parts manager there but more importantly, he owns a GT/CS... I bought my GT/CS bumper from him. I'm sure he'll sell you one for as cheap as possible. Also do a search on this website for 05stangKC. He's a vendor here too.

Willie
Old 6/18/07, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Sadly, KC doesn't sell these anymore. there si a big thread about it. I'm getting the same price quotes from my dealer.
Old 6/18/07, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's too bad. I'd still call him anyways. He definitely has the know-how and access to determine what's going on with the different part numbers. He's always helped me on parts inquiries, regardless of whether I bought them from him or not.

Willie
Old 6/18/07, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mustangpogi
Steve,

Check this site, Bill from Team Ford is doing a group buy for this bumper and the price very reasonable. I spoke with him and he will get back with me.
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=6885284
Thanks. I replied to that topic but the last reply was over a month old. Let me know if their GB is a go or if that price is good.
Old 6/18/07, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I visited the site. The P/N I have doesn't cross, but I sent them an email.
Old 6/18/07, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Steve,

PM sent.
Old 6/19/07, 06:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmcolegr
Look at the attached illustration. The 17D955 wiring harness bracket has 2 alignment pins which protrude through the fascia into the body. These alignment pins align the fascia with the body. Bad news is, without those seals water can run directly into the body. Now see the 17A953. These are felt seals (one on each side) that seal the fascia to the body and prevent water from leaking into the body. The seals are made of foam and cost about $4.00 ea but will prevent leaks and rust. Details like this are the difference between just an average installation and a very high quality installation
Thanks Man....very informative. Now, I'm wondering if I put the seals on when I installed my CS bumper. Darnit!
Old 6/19/07, 08:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Twisted
Steve,

PM sent.
PM replied to.

Thank you!
Old 6/19/07, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I got a reply from TeamFord today (Bill Jenkins). He said they are working out the deal after the Ford price increase and to check back in a few days. I used parts@teamford.com addy.
Old 6/19/07, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AFChief
I got a reply from TeamFord today (Bill Jenkins). He said they are working out the deal after the Ford price increase and to check back in a few days. I used parts@teamford.com addy.

I also talked to Bill, since I live here in Vegas, I can coordinate with him about this. He told me that if we can get 5-7 people on this GB he can order this for less price. Anybody want to do this but you must commit?
Old 6/19/07, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

im interested.
Old 6/19/07, 07:05 PM
Cobra Member

Check this out...

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/...t_id=3697&GID=

This is one of the best prices I could find. It's a kit that includes ALL the parts you'll need to do the install. Shipping was dirt cheap - about $22 to me on the East coast.
Old 6/19/07, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RobK
Check this out...

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/...t_id=3697&GID=

This is one of the best prices I could find. It's a kit that includes ALL the parts you'll need to do the install. Shipping was dirt cheap - about $22 to me on the East coast.
So this is the GT/CS bumper kit, right? My dealer's price of $331 was for the rear cover only (I'm pretty sure) but that included the shipping to the dealership which was essentially free (according to him) from Ford.
Old 6/19/07, 08:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mustangpogi
I also talked to Bill, since I live here in Vegas, I can coordinate with him about this. He told me that if we can get 5-7 people on this GB he can order this for less price. Anybody want to do this but you must commit?
I'm DEFINITELY in for a rear bumper but what will the price be if we get the 5-7 people?
Old 6/19/07, 09:06 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
So to make a GT/CS bumper into a GT500 bumper the lower side areas MUST be painted to get them to look like the diffuser section?? (i.e. the plastic in those two areas are different colors)

If that's the case, wouldn't you have to paint the diffuser section to get it all to match?

EDIT: Just found this pic of SoFL05GT's GT/CS bumper. Looks like it's the same color throughout. Maybe they changed the way they make it??
Attached Thumbnails Shelby GT500 rear bumper Part Number-dsc02427.jpg  
Old 7/19/07, 12:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangNut
So to make a GT/CS bumper into a GT500 bumper the lower side areas MUST be painted to get them to look like the diffuser section?? (i.e. the plastic in those two areas are different colors)

If that's the case, wouldn't you have to paint the diffuser section to get it all to match?

EDIT: Just found this pic of SoFL05GT's GT/CS bumper. Looks like it's the same color throughout. Maybe they changed the way they make it??
Stangnut, That picture is of the inside, during my install. When the GT/CS bumper arrives from Ford, it's already primered everywhere but the actual diffuser, including the lower side portion, where the GT/CS is going to be painted. The diffuser is just the black molded plastic that's textured. So, if you wanted the GT500 look, then you would have to paint it a matching black color, like Willie did. I painted mine the GT/CS scheme.

BTW, I'm in the market for another GT/CS rear bumper cover myself, for my wife's 06 V6 (adding dual exhaust), which I want painted the GT500 scheme, which probably means I would paint the lower part myself like Willie did, then have a Body Shop paint the upper area Torch Red. Is there still a group buy happening?

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 rear bumper Part Number