05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shelby GT, GT/CS Lower Grill Driving Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/08, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talked with a rep at Shelby again yesterday about these. Seems the hold has to do with the original company they had to make them. Quality was sh** (his words). So they had to regroup and currenty have them out to another company.

No ETA as far as he knew...

Really looking forward to adding these, along with the inserts SHR is working on, will be a nice look IMO.

Last edited by EastCoast07GtCs; 5/23/08 at 07:08 AM.
Old 5/23/08, 04:33 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess mine are sh**. Oh well. I like them
Old 5/24/08, 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mid July release date

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=66442
Old 5/24/08, 05:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea, unfortunately that replaced the Mid-May release mentioned below that they've had for the last couple months. Only time will tell I guess...
Old 6/8/08, 03:18 PM
Mek
Legacy TMS Member

Hi all, I purchased numerous items for my car over the winter and unfortunately my job has kept me away from home so I didn''t get a chance to work on anything. Anyway, one of the items I purchased was a CS front fascia. I also purchased upper and lower Shelby black billet grilles with a desire to also get the brake duct/driving light combo from Shelby also. Seeing as they have been dragging their feet on coming out with it, I decided to make my own. I used some 1/4 in aluminum plate that I machined for the mounting plates and speaker tubes for the brake duct inlets. I used the driving lights from the pony package and made the mounts for the lights using some 4-1/2 in PVC. I think it turned out good. I will be painting the fascia tomorrow as well as a CS rear fascia and CS side scoops. I still have a lot to do, as I also have a CDC shaker to add as well as some matte black stripes to paint. For those interested, here is a link to some photos of the brake duct/driving light combo that I made. I plan on painting the aluminum gloss black to match the grille.

http://community.webshots.com/album/563732194FImfbW

Let me lnow what you think.
Old 6/8/08, 07:37 PM
V6 Member

Very nice job!
Old 6/8/08, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantastic, Mek! That is exactly what I intended to do to my 05 GT, but I ended up selling it and getting an 08 Shelby GT instead. Now I have the same fascia as you, but I'm concerned about keeping the Shelby all Shelby. Shelby's parts aren't out yet, and when they are, they will be much more expensive than a do it yourself project like yours, and won't necessarily be any better at all. Do you really need $200 PIAA lights? I'm still tempted to do it myself. The only drawback will be that guy at Barrett-Jackson pointing out the incorrect lights 40 years from now.
Old 6/8/08, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks good. The pony lights are mounted better than the PIAA lights Shelby uses. If you want to make anymore of these aluminum plates, I'll be first in line to buy a set. I can handle everything, but machining the aluminum plates otherwise I would have tried this already. Please post some pics when you have it all painted.
Old 6/9/08, 06:04 AM
Mek
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the input, I will definately post pics when all is done. I should get everything painted today, but then I am off to work again. I should be home early July to put everything together. I actually used scraps I had for everything, I had the lights, and all I had to purchase was the $3 speaker tubes. The tubes have the same OD as the Shelby tubes, so the brake tubing kit should fit well. Overall, it was very economical to do. I used the 1/4 in aluminum, but one could easily get away with something thinner..........or even made out of plastic. The main purpose of the plates was to give it a clean look on the front. I made a CAD drawing for the plate, which is the same for each side, just flipped on one side. I could supply that to anyone interested.
Old 6/9/08, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

I'm very impressed with how this looks! I mean, if you wanted to commercialize this, you'd be golden! Selling it for half of what Shelby sells for, I would say only a few would go Shelby, majority would purchase your product!
Old 6/9/08, 03:18 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome job Mek
Old 6/11/08, 07:15 PM
Mek
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks again guys for the compliments........I painted everything on Monday and put the front fascia together (lights, grilles, etc.) It turned out really nice. I can't wait to install everything, but, do to work, I will have to wait a few weeks. I have some updated pics with everything painted. Here's a link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/swojo07pony

My brother actually thought I should have just cleared the aluminum pieces, but I like them black better. I think if I had gone with the standard billet grille, versus the black one, it might have been a good choice.
Old 6/11/08, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

That looks great
Old 6/12/08, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks very sinister with the black grill

Originally Posted by Mek
Thanks again guys for the compliments........I painted everything on Monday and put the front fascia together (lights, grilles, etc.) It turned out really nice. I can't wait to install everything, but, do to work, I will have to wait a few weeks. I have some updated pics with everything painted. Here's a link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/swojo07pony

My brother actually thought I should have just cleared the aluminum pieces, but I like them black better. I think if I had gone with the standard billet grille, versus the black one, it might have been a good choice.
Old 6/16/08, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

Blacked out all the way! It looks awesome! Don't change a thing...
Old 8/9/08, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone received their Shelby lower driving lights from Moss Mustang? Just wondering if there's still a delay in them being released/shipped. The Moss Mustang site says it's delayed until mid July but it's now August.
Old 8/9/08, 02:57 PM

I ordered mine a week and a half ago and wondered why I hadn't received them yet. I called Moss Mustang and they told me they were on backorder and they won't be available for another 2-3 months, so I just canceled my order. It seems like they don't really know when they're going to be available
Old 8/11/08, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Has anyone received their Shelby lower driving lights from Moss Mustang? Just wondering if there's still a delay in them being released/shipped. The Moss Mustang site says it's delayed until mid July but it's now August.
I contacted Moss last week, I've had mine on order since May (along with the duct/sheild kit). I was told 2-3 more weeks before they start shipping out.

Originally Posted by Synthetik-7
I ordered mine a week and a half ago and wondered why I hadn't received them yet. I called Moss Mustang and they told me they were on backorder and they won't be available for another 2-3 months, so I just canceled my order. It seems like they don't really know when they're going to be available
If you checked shelby's website 2 weeks ago, the parts didn't even show up listed. Now they do. It won't take 2-3 months to get them in.
Old 8/11/08, 04:18 PM
V6 Member

WOW! mek those look so awsome. Let me know when you decide to start selling them to us because im very interested in buying a set from you. But anyways well done so far an cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 8/11/08, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by rony1976
I contacted Moss last week, I've had mine on order since May (along with the duct/sheild kit). I was told 2-3 more weeks before they start shipping out.

If you checked shelby's website 2 weeks ago, the parts didn't even show up listed. Now they do. It won't take 2-3 months to get them in.
Ah, I wasn't aware of their addition of the part to the catalog.

Yea, then you are probably right, shouldn't be too much longer then.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT, GT/CS Lower Grill Driving Lights!