05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shaker Install at Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/07, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaker Install at Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Another forum member asked me to post these pics of my wife's 06 GT...we had Automotive Essentials (Rockville, Md) install it at the CDC spaces at Carlisle a couple weeks ago. Got it for $750 installed, paid another $99 for the hood struts (also installed), and the sequential tail light harness for $139 (installed). We were VERY pleased with the parts quality and installation.

next is masking the hood to protect the paint:

Then...positioning the template...

Then cutting out the template...

Then drilling the hole for the sawblade to fit into...

The cutting begins...

and continues...

until it's done...

then the assembly is set in place...

and fitment checked...

and the finished product...
Old 6/12/07, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VERY COOL!!! I wish I had known about that. I may have done that on my car (I'm still up in the air, if I want to add one of these. Thats a GREAT PRICE!! Thanks for the pics.
Old 6/12/07, 06:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wow thats cool. Looks nice. Im on the fence with either one of these or a new hood entirly.
Old 6/12/07, 06:48 PM

Thanks!

We want to do the Foose hood within the next year and a few other upgrades. Her CDC lightbar should be here this week. She's really wanting to see that installed. We actually ordered it before Carlisle and it's still not here...was drop-shipped from CDC on the 5th...so hopefully here this week.

That's an AWESOME lookin' Stang you've got, 05fordgt!
Old 6/13/07, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by scottq60
Thanks!

We want to do the Foose hood within the next year and a few other upgrades. Her CDC lightbar should be here this week. She's really wanting to see that installed. We actually ordered it before Carlisle and it's still not here...was drop-shipped from CDC on the 5th...so hopefully here this week.

That's an AWESOME lookin' Stang you've got, 05fordgt!
Thanks much Scott. Yours is sharp too. Too bad you didn't know about our (the Bad Mustangs Club) tent up at Carlisle. Had TONS of food and drink. A 3 day party pretty much. Maybe next year, you can join up with us. BTW, where was that vendor at?
Old 6/13/07, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

The light bar is pretty easy install, I've helped my buddy with his on his first 05 V-6 Vert and he just got an 07 GO GT vert so I'll be doing the install again this weekend.

Great deal on those installed for sure, I really like CDC stuff.
Old 6/13/07, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
.... Too bad you didn't know about our (the Bad Mustangs Club) tent up at Carlisle. Had TONS of food and drink. A 3 day party pretty much. Maybe next year, you can join up with us. BTW, where was that vendor at?
Wish I'd known! Will definitely plan on next year!

CDC's spaces were in the same row as the seller/restorer with those 5 Shelby's for sale not far from the Mach 1 area. If you were to be at those 5 Shelbys on the right corner of that road (two white/blue GT350s, a green 67 GT350, a green 68 GT500, and the red 69 Shelby convertible), you would continue down that road and CDC's vendor area was on the left. They had a white/blue GT500 glassback coupe next to the road and a charcoal vert with their shaker and foose hood sitting next to it.
Old 6/13/07, 11:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow you got an awesome deal on the shaker/install. My shaker plus install ran me a little over $1000.
Old 6/13/07, 11:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by scottq60
Wish I'd known! Will definitely plan on next year!

CDC's spaces were in the same row as the seller/restorer with those 5 Shelby's for sale not far from the Mach 1 area. If you were to be at those 5 Shelbys on the right corner of that road (two white/blue GT350s, a green 67 GT350, a green 68 GT500, and the red 69 Shelby convertible), you would continue down that road and CDC's vendor area was on the left. They had a white/blue GT500 glassback coupe next to the road and a charcoal vert with their shaker and foose hood sitting next to it.
May, they were close to our tent. Bummer. Might have been a good thing. I may have pulled the trigger on the shaker. Sometimes I don't want a scoop, and then I see Tom281's car, and it looks KILLER with it!!! Decisions decisions. Scott, BTW, I'm sending you a PM. Give me a call, and I'll let you know how to join up with the group. BTW, where are you from?