05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

shaker hood

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/07, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaker hood

with my tax return coming soon (in a months time) i was looking to get the CDC chin spoiler and POSSIBLE the CDC shaker. 1 question for the hood. I, myself, would be too friggin scared to take a saw and cut a hole in it for the scoop. Does anyone know of any body shops in NYC (perferably in staten island) that would do it for me? I really would just need the hole cut and the trim wrapped around it. I could install the ram air scoop myself. Mechanically speaking im pretty good, but cosmetically im not all there.

one other quick question. with the aftermarket hoods. where are your windshield wiper jets re-located? Every pic I see doesnt have those annoying little nubs. If I dont go with the shaker I may go with the RKSport Mustang California Dream Ram Air Hood
Old 3/5/07, 03:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Yo Jason, I know you don't think you would do it but honestly, it really is easy to do. Get your ***** outta the sling and save your money by installing it yourself. If you do, you'll have the money you need for your CDC classic.
Old 3/5/07, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

i probably could do it, its just that little guy on my shoulder saying "if you fu<k it up..........your soooo screwed"
Old 3/5/07, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Yo Jason, I know you don't think you would do it but honestly, it really is easy to do. Get your ***** outta the sling and save your money by installing it yourself. If you do, you'll have the money you need for your CDC classic.
Yea, definitely do it yourself. I know Tom (Tom281), Tom (89Trooper) Bill (TacoBill), Leo (Leo_06GT) and Myself have all installed these ourselves. Measure several times and cut once.
Attachment 20966
Attached Thumbnails shaker hood-zainoagaincoat1005.jpg  
Old 3/5/07, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by slipnotovk
one other quick question. with the aftermarket hoods. where are your windshield wiper jets re-located? Every pic I see doesnt have those annoying little nubs. If I dont go with the shaker I may go with the RKSport Mustang California Dream Ram Air Hood
some aftermarket hoods have holes for the wiper nozzles, while others (RKsport) require a kit that relocates the nozzles to the wiper arms.
Old 3/5/07, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i probably could do it, its just that little guy on my shoulder saying "if you fu<k it up..........your soooo screwed"

Really man, take your time, read the instructions, take your time, and go for it. There are many threads here with alot of detail on how to do it. Do some research, study it, and you'll be good to go. Just remember, patience is the most important thing.

Did I remember to tell you to take your time??? LOL, you can do it.
Old 3/5/07, 04:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Yea, definitely do it yourself. I know Tom (Tom281), Tom (89Trooper) Bill (TacoBill), Leo (Leo_06GT) and Myself have all installed these ourselves. Measure several times and cut once.
Count me out I wussed out and had JBA do it. If I could go back in time I'd do it myself. The cutting part doesn't need to be perfect. They give you a template and as long as you can keep a fairly straight line you'll be fine. I kick myself in the butt everyday for giving away $300. That and now I can't say I've installed everything on the car myself.
Old 3/5/07, 04:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not really. You'll just have an excuse to buy the RKsport hood. Then just return or sell the Shaker kit and you've lost nothing.

Sneak preview of what your car will look like.
Old 3/5/07, 04:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not really. You'll just have an excuse to buy the RKsport hood. Then just return or sell the Shaker kit and you've lost nothing.

Sneak preview of what your car will look like.

Oooh, that's super sexy!! Looks bada$$!!!!
Old 3/5/07, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ahhhh shucks thanks. Your car's one of my favorites on the site.
Old 3/5/07, 05:27 PM
GTR Member

You can definitely do it yourself!

Attachment 20935 Attachment 20934
Attached Thumbnails shaker hood-dscn3707.jpg   shaker hood-dscn3466.jpg  
Old 3/5/07, 08:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Looks bada$$!!!!
Hey Tom! There can be only 1 BadAss GT here... and that's me!

Oh yeah... +1 on what everybody else said.. go for the Shaker install yourself!

Check it out here

Old 3/5/07, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Did mine myself. No problem, you can do it!
Old 3/6/07, 05:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Hey Tom! There can be only 1 BadAss GT here... and that's me!

Oh yeah... +1 on what everybody else said.. go for the Shaker install yourself!

Check it out here

Hahaha LOL! Ok you got me on that one!
Old 3/6/07, 05:24 AM
Cobra Member

I know Tom (Tom281), Tom (89Trooper) Bill (TacoBill), Leo (Leo_06GT) and Myself have all installed these ourselves.
Me too. It's really much easier than expected. Just take your time and don't rush it. Good and careful prep is the key.
Old 3/6/07, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on do-it-yourself. BTW, RKS CD hood has factory washers in factory location. Love both hoods.
Old 3/6/07, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

shaker install

I plan on picking up my shaker today, I do have one dilema, I have a black boss style decal on my hood. I spent a lot for it, I want to know, if once , I cut into the hood, will the decal be salvaged? if not Id rather just buy a cheap takeoff hood and cut that . Thanks
Old 3/6/07, 09:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yellow05
I plan on picking up my shaker today, I do have one dilema, I have a black boss style decal on my hood. I spent a lot for it, I want to know, if once , I cut into the hood, will the decal be salvaged? if not Id rather just buy a cheap takeoff hood and cut that . Thanks
Vinyl decal will be fine. I already had my racing stripes on when I cut my hood. Just do as the directions say, and make sure you press hard with the razor (utility knife) to score all the way down to the paint to prevent chipping and peeling when cutting the hole in the hood.
Old 3/6/07, 09:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Vinyl decal will be fine. I already had my racing stripes on when I cut my hood. Just do as the directions say, and make sure you press hard with the razor (utility knife) to score all the way down to the paint to prevent chipping and peeling when cutting the hole in the hood.
+1 My stripes were on prior to cutting the hole too. Actually I think it is easier to have the vinyl on the car before you cut than to try and apply the vinyl around the hole.
Old 3/6/07, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

+1 My stripes were on prior to cutting the hole too. Actually I think it is easier to have the vinyl on the car before you cut than to try and apply the vinyl around the hole.
+1

Quick Reply: shaker hood