05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Shake it............

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/06, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just washed the 06 for the first time with the new shaker. Sorry for the dark pics, sun started to go down fast. No these wheels are not staying on there and yes it's getting lowered soon. Hope you like. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 05:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sscobra @ February 15, 2006, 4:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just washed the 06 up for the first time with the new shaker. Sorry for the dark pics, sun started to go down fast. No these wheels are not staying on there and yes it's getting lowered soon. Hope you like. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I don't see any pic's?
Old 2/15/06, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sscobra @ February 15, 2006, 6:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just washed the 06 up for the first time with the new shaker. Sorry for the dark pics, sun started to go down fast. No these wheels are not staying on there and yes it's getting lowered soon. Hope you like. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/postpics.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry had to resize them, should be cool now.

I like this one.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 2/15/06, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks mighty, mighty fine..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Love that last shot. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sscobra @ February 15, 2006, 6:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just washed the 06 for the first time with the new shaker. Sorry for the dark pics, sun started to go down fast. No these wheels are not staying on there and yes it's getting lowered soon. Hope you like. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Matt, Looking good dude!! Love the Shaker!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Also, It was nice to meet you.....anytime two "Mustang" Fanatics can get together and talk about our cars.....it's got to be good!!

C Ya, Joe
Old 2/15/06, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

Love that shaker!!!
Old 2/15/06, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for all the compliments.
Old 2/15/06, 08:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet!!!!!

Even though I have my own - I still darned near sprout wood when I see another Stang with a shaker.. These cars just BEG for mods like this...
Old 2/15/06, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Welcome to the club.
Old 2/18/06, 04:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well Guys,
Got my CDC shaker yesterday and have done the install all the way up to drilling the hole and cutting out the shaker opening. Think it would be best done while drinking coffee in the morning rather than a beer this afternoon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I am tickled with the shaker and can't wait to drive it later tomorrow. Also, received my honeycomb panel from Silverhorseracing and think it is an awesome piece but decided to have it painted matt black. I didn't like the gloss look on it. I have a 70 Mach 1 and the honeycomb panel isn't glossy. Pictures after the install. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 06:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Help!!!! Been working on cutting the hole thru the hood this morning and the da$n thing has got me sweating bullets. I am about half way around and the jigsaw keeps getting in a bind between the outer skin and the inner bracing and causing the saw to jump wildly. I am using 24 teeth metal blades. I have wasted 4 of them all ready and am heading to Lowes to stock up. I have put tape on the area I have cut already to try and help it stop vibrating but it hasn't helped. Any tricks out there I sure would appreicate the help.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 06:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That looks great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] , but I got a question? I probably already know the answer, but asking anyway.

Do you have to retune after installing the Shaker ? I would think you would, but just asking as this is one of my favorite mods and plan on doing it to mine as well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Thanks
Old 2/19/06, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ February 19, 2006, 8:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That looks great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] , but I got a question? I probably already know the answer, but asking anyway.

Do you have to retune after installing the Shaker ? I would think you would, but just asking as this is one of my favorite mods and plan on doing it to mine as well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

No retune is needed. The Shaker really doesnt add any horsepower. It's mostly cosmetic. All it really does is route a little extra air into the airbox.
Old 2/19/06, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ February 19, 2006, 7:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Help!!!! Been working on cutting the hole thru the hood this morning and the da$n thing has got me sweating bullets. I am about half way around and the jigsaw keeps getting in a bind between the outer skin and the inner bracing and causing the saw to jump wildly. I am using 24 teeth metal blades. I have wasted 4 of them all ready and am heading to Lowes to stock up. I have put tape on the area I have cut already to try and help it stop vibrating but it hasn't helped. Any tricks out there I sure would appreicate the help.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Scott - Slow down - slow WAY down....

It took about an hour to cut the hole in my hood. Let that blade literally creap it's way through the aluminum. I also stopped frequently and let the blade cool. The double-layer cut is the hardest and requires that you go slow. Make really sure that you put down a couple of layers of 2" wide masking tape on either side of the cut to keep the jig-saw from chattering against the paint.

I use Bi-Metal blades that I bought at Sears. I forget the TPI but there's a lot of teeth on them - not like something you would cut wood with..
Old 2/19/06, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big-Foot @ February 19, 2006, 11:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scott - Slow down - slow WAY down....

It took about an hour to cut the hole in my hood. Let that blade literally creap it's way through the aluminum. I also stopped frequently and let the blade cool. The double-layer cut is the hardest and requires that you go slow. Make really sure that you put down a couple of layers of 2" wide masking tape on either side of the cut to keep the jig-saw from chattering against the paint.

I use Bi-Metal blades that I bought at Sears. I forget the TPI but there's a lot of teeth on them - not like something you would cut wood with..
[/b][/quote]

Very good advise. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] I am under control now. I started the job with 24 teeth Black and Decker metal cutting blades. Bad move. After dulling 4 of them I went back to Lowes and got Dewalt bi-metal 32 teeth blades and it cut the rest of the opening like butter and with no jumping. I think it was the 32 teeth that made the difference. You would think CDC would tell you in their instructions what the proper tooth blade would be. I did NO DAMAGE. The trim ring is in place and it looks awesome. I have a C&L intake and it looks like I may have to do a little trimming to make it fit. Nothing to major. Just came in to get a flashlight so I can try to see where the bolts for the throttle body went.
Thanks Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/19/06, 10:18 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sscobra @ February 15, 2006, 4:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

nice, nice, I kind of like those rim's,lol. Is there any benefit's to the shaker other than look's!

Can you use an after market intake like c&l with thr shaker.
Old 2/19/06, 11:00 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sscobra....

Welcome to the Shaker club! Enjoy that baby. It sure does attract more attention doesn't it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Scott....

Since you had the jigsaw jumping all over the place keep and eye on your hood. I know another person that had this problem and now when he sits in the car you can see the hood is warped a little. Just be very careful and take your time.
Old 2/19/06, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks again for all the compliments.

Scott..
The advice most people have given is dead on. If you haven't all ready gotten to the next trying part will be putting the 2 throttle body bolts into plae when the plenum cover is on. Pain in the neck. I ended up trimming the panel to make access easier. It still looks original and I didn't butcher the peice. I just don't want to go through that every time I need to take the plenum cover off. Hurry and post pics...I know you'll love it when it is done.
Old 2/19/06, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Scott - way cool.... Glad to hear it's coming along!!!

Quick Reply: Shake it............