05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Saleen Heritage Bumper Install

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/10, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Saleen Heritage Bumper Install

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone hear has purchased the Saleen Heritage/PJ bumper from the eBay vendor horsepower1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SALEE...Q5fAccessories

If you have, I am just wondering if you get everything needed to mount the bumper. I have an 07 GT, so I am hoping that everything is present on the car, and that I just have to swap the bumper and thats it. I see in the picture, there a 3 tabs showing. Anyone know what they attach too?

The price is really good from these guys, but you know the saying: Some things are just too good to be true. I talked to John @ Stage3, and if there is any mounting hardware that is missing and you call Stage3 for replacements, they will get them for you for about 50% of the real cost of the bumper from Saleen. So i really want to make sure everything comes with it that is needed.

Sean
Old 1/12/10, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I havent purchased it but the rear bumper shouldnt need anything special. the factory bolts shoudl be everything you need.
Old 1/12/10, 04:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I have one. It's a raw bumper skin, and does not have the plastic reinforcing strip with the embedded bolts that holds the bumper along the edge under the trunk and tailights (this is pretty much standard with aftermarket bumpers). You'll either need to get one at a dealer, or drill the rivets on your existing bumper and swap it over.

Also don't forget you need to make provisions for relocating your license plate with this bumper.

The 3 tabs attach to the bottom sheet metal of the car with push pins, the same way the existing bumper does

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 1/12/10 at 04:57 PM.
Old 1/12/10, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I have that bumper, these are Saleen parts bought during the sell off. All parts go on just like factory and yes you have to add the bumper reinforcements, just like factory parts, bumper skins all require them.
I would advise you find the trunk parts before buying the bumper.You wont have a place to mount your license plate if not. Call Saleen for what you need.
The exhaust will have a larger opening than the factory exhaust can fill. PJ tips are available on ebay as well. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Saleen Heritage Bumper Install-exhaust-tips-saleen-002.jpg   Saleen Heritage Bumper Install-exhaust-tips-saleen-006.jpg  
Old 1/12/10, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Stage3Motorsports sells the license plate filler. They gave me a price of around $230.
Old 1/12/10, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I have one. It's a raw bumper skin, and does not have the plastic reinforcing strip with the embedded bolts that holds the bumper along the edge under the trunk and tailights (this is pretty much standard with aftermarket bumpers). You'll either need to get one at a dealer, or drill the rivets on your existing bumper and swap it over.

Also don't forget you need to make provisions for relocating your license plate with this bumper.

The 3 tabs attach to the bottom sheet metal of the car with push pins, the same way the existing bumper does

Is there a Ford part number I can reference for this piece? I might want to see about getting it from my local dealer first before tearing apart the factory bumper.
Old 1/12/10, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does anyone have a part number handy of a valid "cost effective" exhaust system for this bumper?
Old 1/12/10, 09:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SeanD
Does anyone have a part number handy of a valid "cost effective" exhaust system for this bumper?
check the same seller on eBay, you can get the PJ mufflers for about $149 for the pair. Tips will add another $80 or so, and they have both the PJ and Gurney style tips
Old 1/12/10, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks.
Old 1/12/10, 10:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stage 3 are good people, they're here in Phoenix and always go the extra mile on customer service.
Old 1/13/10, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I totally agreee. I talked to John Borrero on the phone for a ittle bit the other day, talking to him about what I wanted to do and he seemed like a nice guy.
Old 1/15/10, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

check the same seller on eBay, you can get the PJ mufflers for about $149 for the pair. Tips will add another $80 or so, and they have both the PJ and Gurney style tips
I ended up ordering the Dan Gurney tips from them. They are an antracite color and look really good. I also bought the bumper from them the other day for $200 + $100 shipping. Pretty good price for it.
Old 1/15/10, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

I have this same bumper that I will be installing soon. I was going to try and use the license plate relocation from the Stalker Mustang. Does anyone have the Rear Muffler Kit S302 with catless long tubes? I think that may be too loud for my taste.

Last edited by Hessian; 1/15/10 at 10:54 AM.
Old 1/15/10, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I inquired with Cervinis about that piece, but it seemed the guy did not want to help me out at all, so I am just going to get the Saleen version.
Old 1/15/10, 11:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
I inquired with Cervinis about that piece, but it seemed the guy did not want to help me out at all, so I am just going to get the Saleen version.
Yea, I've tried to contact him about the piece before. I'll keep at it and see what I can find out.

I really like the sounds from my mags, too bad I can't add the tips to them.
Old 1/16/10, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2005mach1
I have that bumper, these are Saleen parts bought during the sell off. All parts go on just like factory and yes you have to add the bumper reinforcements, just like factory parts, bumper skins all require them.
I would advise you find the trunk parts before buying the bumper.You wont have a place to mount your license plate if not. Call Saleen for what you need.
The exhaust will have a larger opening than the factory exhaust can fill. PJ tips are available on ebay as well. Hope this helps.
I cut the tips off my Corsa exhaust and added the tips, i cant see why you couldn't add them to your mags.
Old 1/16/10, 06:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

I cut the tips off my Corsa exhaust and added the tips, i cant see why you couldn't add them to your mags.
I'm thinking of doing the same. I bought a set of the PJ mufflers to try, but if I don't care for them, my current Corsas will be going rights back on. Was it as simple as "cut and clamp" or did you have to persuade the pipe sizes to match up?
Old 1/16/10, 11:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm thinking of doing the same. I bought a set of the PJ mufflers to try, but if I don't care for them, my current Corsas will be going rights back on. Was it as simple as "cut and clamp" or did you have to persuade the pipe sizes to match up?
The tips just slip over the pipe and clamps down. Tack welded in to stay straight.
Old 1/18/10, 12:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

The tips just slip over the pipe and clamps down. Tack welded in to stay straight.
I was hoping you'd say that. Thanks.
Old 1/22/10, 08:05 AM
V6 Member

I got my bumper in.

The plastic clips on the bottom rear edge look like they are just holding on. Is this typical? How can I reinforce these? Do I need to?

The mag mufflers have the tips welded on so I can't slip the saleen tips on these.

Anyone know of a comparable sounding exhaust? The mags are quite on short headers but sound great on my long tube set up. Not obnoxious loud and no drone.

Last edited by Hessian; 1/22/10 at 08:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Saleen Heritage Bumper Install