05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Roush 1/4 windows....how are they installed

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/07, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush 1/4 windows....how are they installed

I recall reading somewhere that they are screwed on the brackets. Can anyone give me more details? Do they rub against the paint? Can you see out of them at all from the inside? Do they come pre-painted. AH so many questions......

thanks guys.
Old 9/29/07, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They should come from your seller with brackets that mount to the glass. They then attatch to the car with allen/torx screws.
Old 9/29/07, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
I recall reading somewhere that they are screwed on the brackets. Can anyone give me more details? Do they rub against the paint? Can you see out of them at all from the inside? Do they come pre-painted. AH so many questions......

thanks guys.

The Roush louvers come with body templates for the brackets that the louvers are attached to. The brackets are located on the window via the template and attach to the glass with 3M double sided tape. The louvers are then held to the brackets with small allen head screws. You can remove the louvers for window cleaning or whatever. As with most louvers, seeing out the window after install is highly limited, to almost non existant. You can order the louvers from Roush ( or some aftermarket suppliers that carry Roush products ) prepainted in Ford factory colors. I have them and they are very good quality. They are about a 30 - 45 minute install from beginning to end.
Old 9/29/07, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sabre
The Roush louvers come with body templates for the brackets that the louvers are attached to. The brackets are located on the window via the template and attach to the glass with 3M double sided tape. The louvers are then held to the brackets with small allen head screws. You can remove the louvers for window cleaning or whatever. As with most louvers, seeing out the window after install is highly limited, to almost non existant. You can order the louvers from Roush ( or some aftermarket suppliers that carry Roush products ) prepainted in Ford factory colors. I have them and they are very good quality. They are about a 30 - 45 minute install from beginning to end.
Do you have to remove the 1/4 window?
Old 9/29/07, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
Do you have to remove the 1/4 window?
Nope, they go right over. Only the SHR louvers replace the entire 1/4 window
Old 9/29/07, 08:33 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
I saw a set of Roush louvers on a car at a cruise in, looking real closely, a corner was rubbing on the paint of the roof- if they were ever removed, bet there was a mark under there...mentioned this to another guy with them, he mentioned putting plastic washers on the brackets to space them out a tiny bit...not sure if this was a common thing, or just a install positioning error, but was one of the only reasons I didnt get the Roush ones early on...I even very seriously considered filling the window(as in weld in steel/repaint roof), because I just never cared for the quarter windows...as it worked out, was glad I waited, fell in love with the Silverhorseracing ones- love the 'more like a fastback' look, PLUS still have great visibility...best of both worlds