05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Redfire with stripes ? afraid ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/05, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just a bad color to have stripes on ? I am curious why I have yet to see a redfire with stripes on it.. It is one of the top 2 sold colors so there are plenty of stangs this color floating around.. I have seen stripes on every other color but this one..

Where are the pics ???
Old 1/6/05, 12:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, here's a V6 with Gold strips along the side, it looked real nice.

Hope this helps?
Old 1/6/05, 12:48 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Domainer,

There is a website that one of the members did here. you pick the colour of the car, colour of the stripes and viola, the picture is there. I cannot remember where it is, but if you pm Burningman, he will let you know as he loves the colour/stripes combo.

J
Old 1/6/05, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah , I saw that website, however, doing it on a computer is not the same as seeing an actual car striped.. For instance, take a look at the computer module of white with blue stripes, then look at an actual picture of Peter's car.. HUGE difference !

And, since there are so many redfire owners on this site, I find it weird that not one has striped his/her car yet ( and I mean full stripes, not just rocker panel ones).
Old 1/6/05, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know something about the color to me... I think it speaks well enough not to warrants strips. Plus it does seem to match well. If someone pulls it off I'd be interested to see it.
Old 1/6/05, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Rich, deep metallics just aren't done like that very often. I do think silver on redfire would be gorgeous though.
Old 1/6/05, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

l prefer mine without stripes. But if I were to add the Shelby stripes, they would be white. I think that would look good.
Old 1/6/05, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@January 6, 2005, 2:03 PM
Rich, deep metallics just aren't done like that very often. I do think silver on redfire would be gorgeous though.
I think that's a great idea Blake.. If the redfire has the red leather interior, then that matches.. And if the car has IUP, the silver stripes would match the interior as well.. Good thinkin .
Old 1/6/05, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BLAKE@January 6, 2005, 3:03 PM
Old 1/6/05, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Domainer@January 6, 2005, 1:47 PM
Is it just a bad color to have stripes on ? I am curious why I have yet to see a redfire with stripes on it.. It is one of the top 2 sold colors so there are plenty of stangs this color floating around.. I have seen stripes on every other color but this one.
Hey Rob, you raised a very interesting point. Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize that I haven't seen a Redfire with stripes! On one hand, Redfire is strong enough to stand alone. On the other hand, that hood is SO wide, it almost screams for something more. White or silver stripes may compliment your color. Gold stripes would work as well, if the interior is parchment.

So far, I have only seen twin stripes running over the length of the car. Although the twin stripes make a dramatic statement, I would prefer stripes that are a little different from everything else that we've already seen. In the months ahead, companies like GraphicExpress.com should have a few alternatives to choose from. It may be worth the wait...
Old 1/6/05, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have one on order. Was thinking about black rocker panel and le mans stripes but not quite sure how it will go with black vert top.

Anybody have any opinions?

By the way I went with ICAP so it would need to look ok with top down too.
Old 1/6/05, 01:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@January 6, 2005, 3:49 PM
Have one on order. Was thinking about black rocker panel and le mans stripes but not quite sure how it will go with black vert top.

Anybody have any opinions?

By the way I went with ICAP so it would need to look ok with top down too.
IMO, Le Mans stripes don't work as well if they don't have a roof to flow over.
Old 1/6/05, 02:18 PM
Cobra Member

Again, I do not think redfire goes well with stripes. Keep it without and enjoy the color.

Flatter, brighter colors look better with stripes.
Old 1/6/05, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

If mine ever gets here, I was hoping to do a single stripe down the center of the hood, (similar to 70 mach 1) with the rocker stripes on the side, but also think that it may only need a subtle 2 tone pin stripe. I ordered based on pics from this website and the brochure, as well as seeing redfire on other ford cars (a 05 five hundred painted redfire was on the lot when I ordered)

Sam
Old 1/6/05, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think metallic silver stripes or even black stripes (either gloss or flat) would look cool on redfire. That being said, I agree with many who say that this is a color that doesn't necessarily need stripes. And I think back to the 40th anniversary car (that one was a bit darker I think) with gold stripes...just wasn't all that great looking in my opinion.
Old 1/6/05, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

If your going to go silver I would go a darker color like a dark/medium charcoal grey... Ive thought about getting some cheap vinyl and just laying it out to see what it would look like.
Old 1/6/05, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Been waiting to see one myself....I had planned on doing mine originally and then saw how bad they looked in EVERY color combo on that stripe painter site....I would agree with domainer that in person it could look much better and would need to be seen up close....I actually had the good fortune to see one striped....It was on Ebay and a dealership had the shelby stripes done....They were greyish in color and looked absolutely awful! I was considering more of a lighter silver or the white. They might look okay, but after seeing the grey I started to think the redfire just doesn't mesh well with stripes....I'm going for the steeda look with mine...bought a splitter last week and plan to have the side mirrors painted up and hood midsection blacked out like theirs.....haven't seena refire done up that way so we'll see how it looks next week...I'll post pics when all is said and done......

John
Old 1/6/05, 05:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White or Gold would look great! B) Remember the 40th ann ruby red with
gold stripes?
Old 1/6/05, 05:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have toyed with the idea of striping my car... if I did decide to do it, I think I would do something like the Street Scenes SEMA car. I'd go with a darker red stripe, something subtle.
Old 1/6/05, 05:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by swingle007@January 6, 2005, 5:53 PM
Been waiting to see one myself....I had planned on doing mine originally and then saw how bad they looked in EVERY color combo on that stripe painter site....I would agree with domainer that in person it could look much better and would need to be seen up close....I actually had the good fortune to see one striped....It was on Ebay and a dealership had the shelby stripes done....They were greyish in color and looked absolutely awful! I was considering more of a lighter silver or the white. They might look okay, but after seeing the grey I started to think the redfire just doesn't mesh well with stripes....I'm going for the steeda look with mine...bought a splitter last week and plan to have the side mirrors painted up and hood midsection blacked out like theirs.....haven't seena refire done up that way so we'll see how it looks next week...I'll post pics when all is said and done......

John
John, Looking forward to seeing that! I have a feeling it's going to look very sharp

Quick Reply: Redfire with stripes ? afraid ?