05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Pre painted Bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/11, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pre painted Bumpers?

Whats up fellas,

I am going back and forth between chin spoilers and hoods to just bumpers covers and a wing..

I cant decide on what to get.

The bumpers I like are the parnelli jones, shelby/cs and steeda competition front bumpers

But they don't come pre- painted

Only the Roush from stage3motorsports comes painted. And I like the Roush RTC model because its only the wing and front bumper with the chin (supercharger on those models are optional) but I don't like the two tone plus also I have seen the rtc seats on ebay a few times and its nice black/black suede

I have 18" shelby rims but don't know if it would look as good...

At the end I want to do a shelby kr stripe on my car.

Now either way its a lot of money and the roush might be cheaper I also though of the 3Dcarbon chin spoiler.

http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/...ic.php?p=47169

.. as an idea I have painted light buckets so it has to kind of go with the scheme...

Anyone know where I could get other pre painted bumpers?

Thanks for the help

p.s im lowered and inch.. steeda sport springs

also the only thing i would do left performance wise is the frpp cnc ported heads which should give me over 400hp at the crank depending on my set up with the new jlt 110mm cai and ford racing TB..

Now should I get the go? or get some show?

Last edited by mptant913; 5/16/11 at 09:29 PM.
Old 5/17/11, 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

In my opinion i would go with performance mods. I have a cervinis lower chin spoiler on my 07 gt along with with window and side scoops. I think it looks just right but i cant keep my hands off the motor either. I have quite a bit to the motor. And everytime i hit the gas i smile a little bit. Maybe you could throw together a list of both exterior and performance mods that would get you desired look and still break your tires loose when you wanted them too. I dont have much left to do to my motor that i can afford right now and im sitting at 337 rwhp. My latest exterior mod was a one piece billet grille that recesses the fog lights behind it.
Attached Images    
Old 5/17/11, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Pre-painted bumpers (and other body parts) have always made me wonder how close the paint match would actually be to the rest of the car. The way our bumpers line up with the other body panels, it would be very obvious if the paint match was even slightly off. This is why I've always chosen to go to local (reputable) body shop to have my paint work done. A body shop can match the paint specifically to your car, which will give you the finish you're looking for every time. Yes, it will be more expensive. But it will be done right and you may even get a warranty on the paint work. Not going to get that on pre-painted stuff.

And show or go? Man that's a tough one... both?
Old 5/17/11, 09:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by STL-GT
Pre-painted bumpers (and other body parts) have always made me wonder how close the paint match would actually be to the rest of the car. The way our bumpers line up with the other body panels, it would be very obvious if the paint match was even slightly off. This is why I've always chosen to go to local (reputable) body shop to have my paint work done. A body shop can match the paint specifically to your car, which will give you the finish you're looking for every time. Yes, it will be more expensive. But it will be done right and you may even get a warranty on the paint work. Not going to get that on pre-painted stuff.

And show or go? Man that's a tough one... both?
Well you are right but I have had the mirror covers pre-painted and new headlights pre-painted and they came out very well. The headlights shade seems darker because of the lens and the fact they are in the shade but for the most part you cant even tell the diference. Plus I dont think my paint is fadded. I just dont know what hood would match the gt/cs front bumper if I decide to go that route. I can get the gt/cs bumper kits for under 550-600 together. Then a prepainted hood from cervinis would be nice but I dont know what would look good and different and I have seen so many pics it is just hard to decide.

Last edited by mptant913; 5/17/11 at 09:39 AM.
Old 5/17/11, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gtpony325
In my opinion i would go with performance mods. I have a cervinis lower chin spoiler on my 07 gt along with with window and side scoops. I think it looks just right but i cant keep my hands off the motor either. I have quite a bit to the motor. And everytime i hit the gas i smile a little bit. Maybe you could throw together a list of both exterior and performance mods that would get you desired look and still break your tires loose when you wanted them too. I dont have much left to do to my motor that i can afford right now and im sitting at 337 rwhp. My latest exterior mod was a one piece billet grille that recesses the fog lights behind it.
Yea that is how I usually feel. But buying the heads and putting them on is expensive and a big job to do. Plus I don't want to do to much to the internal engine. I would like to stop at cams but superchargers are so **** expensive. I would be happy with the top end ford racing performace pack because with the 110mm JLT and the Steeda UDP's I would think I can produce more hp at the flywheel then what they have tested and announce on fordracingpartsdirect.com.

BUUTTT.. it would be nice to go with some looks and keep a balance of looks and hp like you said...

It just sucks that the 5.0's, Camaros and Challengers are boasting so much hp stock. To even keep up the mods that need to be done are crazy.
Old 5/24/11, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I was gonna add something to my Grabber Orange Stang I would go with the Parnelli Jones bumper. And a CLOSE second would be the CS just cuz I think those two bumpers integrate so well with the lines of the Mustang. I love having a Grabber!
Old 5/26/11, 06:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mptant913
At the end I want to do a shelby kr stripe on my car.
Just a note, but that's the Super Snake style stripe, not the KR (The KR has fairly standard GT500 dual stripes, except the area from the front edge of the hood to where the spoiler starts goes unstriped).

KR Striping:

Out of the bumpers mentioned, I'd go with the Saleen PJ. The GT/CS looks good, but they've become pretty common.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 5/26/11 at 06:18 AM.
Old 5/26/11, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I've had three different front ends on my car. I finally settled on the GT/CS bumper because it looks the most subtle and factory looking. It should've come on the car originally in my opinion. Anyway, I almost bought the PJ bumper, but didn't like how much the front chin section stuck out- it looks much steeper in person. The Steeda bumper is way nice and provides more downforce with it's built in chin section, BUT it's over $600 just for the fascia itself. I just couldn't justify the cost. Lastly, you mentioned the Roush bumper. Overall, that one is nice, but sticks out way too much, like a cattle guard on a train. If it were flatter, that would have been a sweet bumper.

I also like pre-painted parts, but most places don't bother. From my experience, the pre-painted stuff is better than most paints shops in terms of matching and quality.

Last edited by socalwrench; 5/26/11 at 09:02 AM.
Old 5/26/11, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
I've had three different front ends on my car. I finally settled on the GT/CS bumper because it looks the most subtle and factory looking. It should've come on the car originally in my opinion. Anyway, I almost bought the PJ bumper, but didn't like how much the front chin section stuck out- it looks much steeper in person. The Steeda bumper is way nice and provides more downforce with it's built in chin section, BUT it's over $600 just for the fascia itself. I just couldn't justify the cost. Lastly, you mentioned the Roush bumper. Overall, that one is nice, but sticks out way too much, like a cattle guard on a train. If it were flatter, that would have been a sweet bumper.

I also like pre-painted parts, but most places don't bother. From my experience, the pre-painted stuff is better than most paints shops in terms of matching and quality.
I actually like the pj bumper the best becouse of the agresssive chin... the cs bumper is cool too but im not to sure about although its the best way to go its the cheapest..

O do believe that pre painted is better.. I have had no problems with it so far...

Was the pj bumper chin scrapping?
Old 5/26/11, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert

Just a note, but that's the Super Snake style stripe, not the KR (The KR has fairly standard GT500 dual stripes, except the area from the front edge of the hood to where the spoiler starts goes unstriped).

KR Striping:

Out of the bumpers mentioned, I'd go with the Saleen PJ. The GT/CS looks good, but they've become pretty common.
Thanks for the tip I didn't even catch that ... I do love the pj bumper especially for my color but it sucks for the price of onr front bumper I can get the back and front cs bumpers for the same price...

But imagine the pj front with the trufiber gys 4 hood and the gt500/cs rear bumper with the as stripe I think that would look sick
Old 5/26/11, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

The PJ bumper never made it onto my car. I did note the height on the other car, and it wasn't much lower than than a CDC classic add on spoiler.
Old 5/26/11, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey, not to ruin your ideas, but have you considered the Xenon aggressive front bumper? It's a very nice piece, and compliments the factory lines if you don't want to also swap out the rear bumper.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...t-Bumper-Cover
Old 5/26/11, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey, not to ruin your ideas, but have you considered the Xenon aggressive front bumper? It's a very nice piece, and compliments the factory lines if you don't want to also swap out the rear bumper.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...t-Bumper-Cover
I like it but I dunno it just doesn't scream out as much to me ...
Old 5/26/11, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

No worries. I guess it depends on what look you're going for.
Old 5/26/11, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

No worries. I guess it depends on what look you're going for.
Yea im very picky but thanks for the idea though ..

Plus there are other grabbers over by me I got to be careful what i do
Old 5/26/11, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm partial to the GT/CS.

Old 5/26/11, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Who cares what others have done? Just do what makes you happy.
Old 5/26/11, 08:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Who cares what others have done? Just do what makes you happy.
True but im just saying I like to be different haha
Old 5/26/11, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by STL-GT
I'm partial to the GT/CS.
I like it too because of the light set up you can do at the bottom with th piaa ... I want yellow fog lights at the bottom
Old 5/26/11, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

You mean like this GO Shelby GT? Check out the lights. Otherwise, Shelby also sells a brake cooling kits with built light sections.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p...slash-5-gt.htm

https://themustangsource.com/f730/gt...lights-476876/
Attached Thumbnails Pre painted Bumpers?-3219966854_a8770cdfd4_o.jpg  

Last edited by socalwrench; 5/26/11 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Pre painted Bumpers?