05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Opinion: Wheels from Newtakeoff?

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/16, 09:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Opinion: Wheels from Newtakeoff?

I am planning on selling my American Racing AR883s I bought shortly after getting my '06 Mustang last April. I am not feeling them as much as I did at first. I had to make a quick decision because the tires that were on it when I got it were shot. I knew I wanted to go to 17" wheels. So, I got those from Discount Tire. After losing my grey car and getting this one, I have not yet felt the attachment I had with the grey car and I broke the chin spoiler on a parking curb (I hope to try to fix it in the Spring, but I think it's a goner). But, anyway, I just want to feel the passion for this car. I think wheels will help.

However, I want to get stock GT/Pony Package for it in time to put my summer wheels back on. Is Newtakeoff.com a good plan? The price seems good to me. Especially when comparing to what I find on craigslist locally.

Thanks everyone.
Old 2/7/16, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would keep checking craigslist for stock wheel swaps. I recently purchased new 19" wheels & tires from a 2016 for $600! There are always people trying to unload their stock wheels on Craigslist. You might have to search more but you'll get a better deal.
Old 2/7/16, 10:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Strick9
I would keep checking craigslist for stock wheel swaps. I recently purchased new 19" wheels & tires from a 2016 for $600! There are always people trying to unload their stock wheels on Craigslist. You might have to search more but you'll get a better deal.
Thanks for the insight. NTO has them for $240 shipped to my door and at least at this moment, the cheapest set is $300. But, I don't need to buy them right now. Just in time for Spring when I put my summer tires back on. I hope someone comes through.
Old 2/8/16, 01:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Which factory 17's are you looking to go with? I've used a set of this GT Mustang wheel on my Explorers, and they make all the difference in the world as far as ride and cornering on the Exploder. Of course, it is an 8 inch wide wheel, so that helps with the cornering and ride control. It's Hollandier #3649, if you are interested.

I really like the way that this wheel sets off the car and makes it look clean, not gaudy or over flashy. It's just a nice clean wheel for the S197s. Between these, the 18'' chrome Bullitt wheels and 2012 GT wheels I have, those are my favorite oem wheels for the S197's.
Attached Images  
Old 2/8/16, 03:48 PM
Legacy Supercharged Tms Member

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
If you're asking about NTO specifically as a seller, my experience with the company has been very good. I've owned two S197s and bought leather seats, rotors, and body parts (bumpers, spoilers, etc.) and each time the items were exactly as described. Their prices are very good, they package stuff well and any flaws are listed in their item description. I haven't had the need to buy from them in about three years but they were excellent at the time.
Old 2/8/16, 08:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by RedFire281
If you're asking about NTO specifically as a seller, my experience with the company has been very good. I've owned two S197s and bought leather seats, rotors, and body parts (bumpers, spoilers, etc.) and each time the items were exactly as described. Their prices are very good, they package stuff well and any flaws are listed in their item description. I haven't had the need to buy from them in about three years but they were excellent at the time.
Yeah, I was asking at NTO specifically. Thanks for the input. I am looking to get a set of the 17" Bullitt style wheels painted in silver. I had them on my Tungsten Grey car that was totaled and this car when the first owner bought it, had the charcoal painted versions, but sometime the second owner changed them to the stock 16" V6 Hallibrand-esque wheels.

Here is a pic I photoshopped of my car with the wheels I want.

I just think my American Racing AR883s don't have enough depth to them.
Old 2/8/16, 09:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Get a set of THESE from Shelby!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-FORD-MU...-/172094817539

I did... they bolted right up to my 2005. Can't beat $399!!!
Old 2/8/16, 09:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Get a set of THESE from Shelby!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-FORD-MU...-/172094817539

I did... they bolted right up to my 2005. Can't beat $399!!!
Cool deal. I am not sure those are the look I'm after. But, thank you anyway!
Old 2/9/16, 10:16 AM
Legacy Supercharged Tms Member

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
In these pics the front bumper, lower grill, wheels, rotors and calipers are from NTO and all were bolted on without modification. The paint was a perfect match and the wheels were flawless. Also, the rotors and caliper/brake pads were OEM and like new. I think on average I paid 1/4 the price if it were brand new.

Name:  Retro3.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  Retro4.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  60.1 KB
Old 2/9/16, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

In these pics the front bumper, lower grill, wheels, rotors and calipers are from NTO and all were bolted on without modification. The paint was a perfect match and the wheels were flawless. Also, the rotors and caliper/brake pads were OEM and like new. I think on average I paid 1/4 the price if it were brand new.

Those look great! I would love to get a GT bumper for this car and the flat V6 spoiler. But, they don't carry many body panels for 05-09s anymore. Thanks for sharing!
Old 2/9/16, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

What area are you from RedFire? Those houses look a lot like neighborhoods from where I'm from.
Old 2/9/16, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
That's what I was meaning to add to my picture and post. I bought a set of those wheels from NTO when they still had them. These guys took great care of me, even in Alaska. I bought some other parts and had no problem with fit or quality.

Once stock is gone, they can't fill oem take off parts, thus the name. New Take Off. It is getting real hard to find t/o parts for our S197's, but that is logical. Most of the take off stuff has been bought up and used. They have all the newer S550 stuff, and some of the 13'14's stuff, but our 05-09's are pretty much sold off.
Old 2/9/16, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
That's what I was meaning to add to my picture and post. I bought a set of those wheels from NTO when they still had them. These guys took great care of me, even in Alaska. I bought some other parts and had no problem with fit or quality.

Once stock is gone, they can't fill oem take off parts, thus the name. New Take Off. It is getting real hard to find t/o parts for our S197's, but that is logical. Most of the take off stuff has been bought up and used. They have all the newer S550 stuff, and some of the 13'14's stuff, but our 05-09's are pretty much sold off.
Definitely. Yeah, I realize they would be short on stock of S197 stuff. I will be calling them about an order this week I think.
Old 2/14/16, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have my OEM 17" wheels for sale with Michelin pilot a/s sport tires.
Old 2/14/16, 08:54 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
NTO gets a thumbs up from me too... bought front/rear bumpers, side skirts, rear wings, extra mufflers, spare interior, grille/lights, clutch, rotors, shift *****, intake manifold, think a few other misc things... just spare parts because they were incredibly inexpensive, and i hope to keep the cars for a long time God willing...wish I'd bought more while they had them...everything was like new, well packed, shipped fast

a spare set of all (cloth) seats was 80
pair of mufflers 40
bumpers 200 pr
rotors 30 pr
wings 40 ea
etc... as time went on/stock went down, prices have gone up a bit, but still very reasonable

should order wheels for the wifes 07, hers are looking bad, they still have them in stock.
when I first saw them, I shoulda bought mounted wheels and tires- they had them for 299 a set shipped for a couple months till they moved stock out...you couldnt by the pirellis for that
Old 2/15/16, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
NTO gets a thumbs up from me too... bought front/rear bumpers, side skirts, rear wings, extra mufflers, spare interior, grille/lights, clutch, rotors, shift *****, intake manifold, think a few other misc things... just spare parts because they were incredibly inexpensive, and i hope to keep the cars for a long time God willing...wish I'd bought more while they had them...everything was like new, well packed, shipped fast

a spare set of all (cloth) seats was 80
pair of mufflers 40
bumpers 200 pr
rotors 30 pr
wings 40 ea
etc... as time went on/stock went down, prices have gone up a bit, but still very reasonable

should order wheels for the wifes 07, hers are looking bad, they still have them in stock.
when I first saw them, I shoulda bought mounted wheels and tires- they had them for 299 a set shipped for a couple months till they moved stock out...you couldnt by the pirellis for that
Totally. Thanks! Yeah I'll be contacting them soon.
Old 2/15/16, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Strick9
I have my OEM 17" wheels for sale with Michelin pilot a/s sport tires.
Cool, but I probably can't afford the shipping to CO. Plus, I don't need tires, but thank you for the offer.
Old 2/18/16, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Placed an order.
Old 3/2/16, 11:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wheels being installed tomorrow. Will post pics!