More pics to come but what do ya think?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/s...r=20135&thumb=1
Old 6/1/05, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got the link right now
Old 6/2/05, 08:10 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i duno.....i like the horses but i dont like the letters on the hood and on the glovebox....to me it doesnt work....
Old 6/2/05, 08:35 AM
V6 Member

I think it looks amazing. Did you do it yourself? Great job if you did. This is exactly what I want to do if I ever get an S197. I would suggest your next project to put "Mustang" on the back, just under your center taillights like the SVT Shelby Cobra GT500 and the classics. Let me know if you do that!
Old 6/2/05, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Well, you asked what I think. So don't get upset if I don't think what you think I should think.

I do not care for the lettering on the hood at all. And to make it stand out even worse, you went in a straight line across the hood instead of following the curve of the front of the hood. The Mustang on the dash really does nothing for me so I guess I am neutral on that. And the pony logo on the quarter panel looks like it is crooked, leaning "up" . Or at least it appears that way from the photo in my opinion.

Sorry....
Old 6/2/05, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by braish@June 2, 2005, 8:38 AM
I think it looks amazing. Did you do it yourself? Great job if you did. This is exactly what I want to do if I ever get an S197. I would suggest your next project to put "Mustang" on the back, just under your center taillights like the SVT Shelby Cobra GT500 and the classics. Let me know if you do that!

Thank you, I have put the Mustang on the back I will have pics up later. I did do it all myself. Thanks again.
Old 6/2/05, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

I used the same 68 style MUSTANG script on the dash - but centered it between the vents evenly and kept it level rather than at a slight angle like yours. I like it alot in mine.

I've seen a couple variations on the lettering on the hood and truck areas and have yet to like any of them.

BUT that said - to each his own - they are our cars to customize as we see fit. Enjoy.
Old 6/2/05, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by hawgman@June 2, 2005, 8:59 AM
Well, you asked what I think. So don't get upset if I don't think what you think I should think.

I do not care for the lettering on the hood at all. And to make it stand out even worse, you went in a straight line across the hood instead of following the curve of the front of the hood. The Mustang on the dash really does nothing for me so I guess I am neutral on that. And the pony logo on the quarter panel looks like it is crooked, leaning "up" . Or at least it appears that way from the photo in my opinion.

Sorry....

I would never get upset. To each his own. I have seen people take every badge off thier GT. Everyone has thier own thing. About the pony logo, it is straight just not a good picture. The lettering on the hood should not follow the lines of the car. The old Mustangs had it go straight across. to follow the lines of the car would make a v shape and in essence make the lettering look ugly. IMO
Old 6/2/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Kyle,

Interesting mods, I like the pony on the side.

It might not look better on the 05 but what Hawgman said is correct about the hood, the letters do follow the line of the hood edge as in this picture of my 66. I would be interested in seeing a pic if you decide to try that with the 05.

Keep having fun with your Mustang and sharing your pics!

Old 6/2/05, 11:50 AM
FR500 Member

You definitely need to fix the hood letters. They need to be spaced out a little bit more. Plus, you have to make sure they are evenly spaced... I can definitely tell there is more room between the "O" and the "R" than the rest. Also, like some said, make the letters match the curve of the hood. Everything else looks good IMO.
Old 6/2/05, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I did the Mustang script emblem on the dash too, it looks different than yours but I like it. Good job on your car.
[attachmentid=23042]
Old 6/2/05, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by acadian@June 2, 2005, 11:53 AM
You definitely need to fix the hood letters. They need to be spaced out a little bit more. Plus, you have to make sure they are evenly spaced... I can definitely tell there is more room between the "O" and the "R" than the rest. Also, like some said, make the letters match the curve of the hood. Everything else looks good IMO.
I appreicate the comment but the spacing is even your eye to my mesuring tape i'll take my mesuring tape every time. thanks.
Old 6/2/05, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Hellcat6@June 2, 2005, 10:53 AM
Kyle,

Interesting mods, I like the pony on the side.

It might not look better on the 05 but what Hawgman said is correct about the hood, the letters do follow the line of the hood edge as in this picture of my 66. I would be interested in seeing a pic if you decide to try that with the 05.

Keep having fun with your Mustang and sharing your pics!

good shot of the old school. I stand corrected.
Old 6/2/05, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by azlitigator@June 2, 2005, 12:00 PM
I did the Mustang script emblem on the dash too, it looks different than yours but I like it. Good job on your car.
[attachmentid=23042]

thank you
Old 6/2/05, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PHATTZZ STANG@June 2, 2005, 2:03 PM
good shot of the old school. I stand corrected.
Kyle,

You know, I've owned one 66 Mustang or another for about the last 30 years and I never really paid much attention to those letters until your post. I learned something about my own car! Keep up the good work.

And that reflection in the bumper of a young man taking the picture ain't me! Wish it was!
Old 6/2/05, 10:47 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by PHATTZZ STANG@June 2, 2005, 2:01 PM
I appreicate the comment but the spacing is even your eye to my mesuring tape i'll take my mesuring tape every time. thanks.
I just took a measurement myself from your pic and taking into account of the angle of the hood in the middle, the distance between the "O" and the "R" is 135% the size of the distances between the "F" and "O" and the "R" and "D". Care to take a picture of a measuring tape on the letters that are on your hood right now and post it. I will bet you my car that the letters aren't spaced right.
Old 6/3/05, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Kyle, your "F.O.R.D" lettering is way off. Here's a link for you with original specs/measurements as to where they went on the original '67 hood. You'll find links to the "M.U.S.T.A.N.G" lettering on the deck as well. Slight adjustments for our newer hood/deck designs have to be made but the spacing and angles of the lettering look best when it's done right.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/28798/index1.html

If you're going retro you gotta be acurate brother.

Mark.
Old 6/3/05, 11:25 AM
V6 Member

I would be very careful about the "Mustang" script on the passenger side of the dash. I think it has been mentioned elsewhere that if the air bag on that side of the car goes off, that emblem will fly around the interior at a bazillion miles an hour. This might cause a pretty bad injury. Perhaps you could get the same script in some sort of chromed vinyl. In that case you could have the old school designs with the new school improvement in safety.
Old 6/3/05, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
I'd definately like to see an 05 with the chrome block letters on the front and rear...nice retro
Old 6/3/05, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by Original Sin@June 3, 2005, 9:13 AM
Kyle, your "F.O.R.D" lettering is way off. Here's a link for you with original specs/measurements as to where they went on the original '67 hood. You'll find links to the "M.U.S.T.A.N.G" lettering on the deck as well. Slight adjustments for our newer hood/deck designs have to be made but the spacing and angles of the lettering look best when it's done right.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/28798/index1.html

If you're going retro you gotta be acurate brother.

Mark.

My trunk looks alot like yours, did you do the hood on yours? If so I would like to see pics. I have seen one with the letters on the line of the hood, and it looked nice. I would like see the specs for a 05 the 67 hood is a totally difrent car. hummmm come to think of it every one who has seen my car in public has loved the hood lettering maybe because it is a diffrent car. the 64.5 has a more straight line to the lettering but it is on the line of the hood. I see what you are saying but the letters are not ugly. I appreciate the help thanks brother.

Quick Reply: OLD SCHOOL BADGES what do ya think