05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Nice V-6 customize

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 06:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=20195][attachmentid=20196][attachmentid=20197]We have had good luck with wheels and tires as well as paint. our body shop has done quite a few of these now, paint not tape.

We get the wheels/tire combo from a company out of CA. They are 20" and the tires are filled with nitrogen, really enhances the ride and handling. Each wheel has a laser engraved serial number and tey are waranteed for 36mo/36,000 miles.
Old 5/5/05, 07:15 AM
GT Member

I like the stripes, but don't like the wheels. The wheel's just aren't my cup of tea. I bet this sells for more than a GT though huh?
Old 5/5/05, 07:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

What are they charging to paijnt stripes like this on out of curiousity? Looks like a great stripe job but Im not a fan of the wheels either...just not my taste but to whatever makes someone happy
Old 5/5/05, 07:23 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Curious as to how much you are selling the car. Tires filled with nitrogen? That is just crazy
Old 5/5/05, 07:27 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Also just noticed, if you are "painting the stripes, not vinyl, why the heck did you leave the stripes out in the rear license plate area? Anyone that paints stripes does that area because with vinyl it is too much of a pain in the hiney. I would take a painter more time to mask that area off than to paint it. That just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 5/5/05, 07:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

hmmm
not for me.

Our dealer charges 499 for vinyl half done off center bubbly stripes......Which are done and then tacked on the sticker
Old 5/5/05, 07:49 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 5, 2005, 8:30 AM
Also just noticed, if you are "painting the stripes, not vinyl, why the heck did you leave the stripes out in the rear license plate area? Anyone that paints stripes does that area because with vinyl it is too much of a pain in the hiney. I would take a painter more time to mask that area off than to paint it. That just doesn't make sense to me.
That's a VERY good point. Good eye, I didn't even notice. I think it's probably vinyl and the OP just typo'ed or didn't know. Let's hope the dealer isn't trying to pass these off as painted to the customer. That would be a big :nono:
Old 5/5/05, 07:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 5, 2005, 7:30 AM

We took a poll of the salespeople and the body shop painter and everyone was on the same page that the stripes look better like this, regardless of the extra work. I don;t know if you can tell but there are actually 4 stripes on the car, two wide ones and [2] 1/4 inch on the outside of the wide ones.

The wheels do look better on the GT. The company that puts the package together claims that the nitrogen enhances the ride and handling on the low profile tires. i will have to admit, it does drive good. I took it to a show last Saturday and it got a lot of looks.

The striping is $995.00 and it is clearcoated.

The wheel package is $2795.00 for the 20" rims.

We will deal on V-6 Mustangs [only have 5 in stock].
Old 5/5/05, 08:01 AM
V6 Member

What comany is it that makes those wheels?
Old 5/5/05, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

It is good to see how just a few little things can make the car look really nice. But a few other little things would make an even better.

Originally posted by ISELLFORD+May 5, 2005, 7:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISELLFORD @ May 5, 2005, 7:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>We took a poll of the salespeople and the body shop painter and everyone was on the same page that the stripes look better like this, regardless of the extra work.
[/b]

It looks unfinished and call attention to the license plate --why would you want that? If they did this on purpose, I would say it was a bad decision.

<!--QuoteBegin-ISELLFORD
@May 5, 2005, 7:53 AM
The company that puts the package together claims that the nitrogen enhances the ride and handling on the low profile tires.
[/quote]

You're kidding right? Nitrogen only helps keep the pressure consistent longer. The lower profile tires is what you are "feeling" because it reduces some of the flex in the suspension.

And, if anyone is going to put 20's on, PLEASE lower the car so the fender gap doesn't look so ridiculous.
Old 5/5/05, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 5, 2005, 8:53 AM
We took a poll of the salespeople and the body shop painter and everyone was on the same page that the stripes look better like this, regardless of the extra work.
Better? I've heard many people state that leaving the license plate area unstriped is "acceptible" when using vinyl, I can't recall anyone ever saying that it looked BETTER that way. Oh well, different strokes for different folks
Old 5/5/05, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think the stripes look very nice with the Redfire.

As others have said, 20s on this car do not float my boat.

Nitrogen in the tires for a better ride? I would think Helium would work better for "lifting" over those potholes and it would be more fun at parties. "Hey, let's take a hit off my left rear tire and talk funny"!
Old 5/5/05, 08:43 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I have nitrogen in my tires as well, it's about 79% nitrogen anyway.
Old 5/5/05, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Super Snake@May 5, 2005, 8:04 AM
What comany is it that makes those wheels?

Company name is MC2 Custom Alloys Inc of Long Beach, CA. They have distribution centers all over the US.

They also make wheels for Super Duty, F150 and GM vehicles.

You can google search the website.
Old 5/5/05, 08:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I am not trying to "knock" the work, but, adding a 1/4" stripe is not a big deal. Leaving the license plate area the way you did is what is normally done when using vinyl and people accept that. People do not prefer that look. If my car was to be painted I would want completed stripes. It just doesn't make sense that you paint in the area for the front license plate and not the back.
Old 5/5/05, 10:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Filling your tires with nitrogen is proposterous. The reason people do it is because a tire filled with nitrogen will keep constrant PSI even after the tire has heated up. Sure it's nice but I can just imagine the sales person saying "These aren't any ordinary tires, they're NITROGEN FILLED!" and the unknowing customer Oooos and Aaaaas. It's a gimic more than anything, especially on street cars.
Old 5/5/05, 10:24 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

It also looks like the stripe is incomplete around the medallion, maybe its just the picture, but it looks like you can see a circle of red between the medallion and stripe.
Old 5/5/05, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree on the license plate stripes but I must say I like the silver. It seems to give the redfire a different shade as well or maybe its the lighting in the showroom. What color are the stripes?
Old 5/5/05, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

darn those stripes look good on the redfire. And at $995 painted they're not a bad deal at all. I actually like the license plate area exactly as it is. Provides a nice contrast IMO. Not a big fan of the rims, however....
Old 5/5/05, 11:06 AM
GT Member

I like the stripes.

I don't care for the wheels but to each his/her own.

As far as the Nitrogen......I hope they don't charge too much for this.

While it is true that some race cars and many aircraft use nitrogen in their tires, I hardly believe that ANYONE would EVER notice ANY difference whatsoever in a street vehicle. First of all, regular 'ol air is like almost 80% Nitrogen anyway (as someone pointed out above). Secondly, unless you use some sort of vaccuum system to void the tire of air after you mount it and before you fill it with nitrogen, you will always have some air in there anyway (which of course is 80% nitrogen, but some oxygen).

Additionally, with 20" tires, what is the volume in the tire at full pressure.....not much when compared to a standard tire, especilly an aircraft tire.....which use nitrogen to rid the tire of any oxygen which would aid in combustion due to extreme temperatures that exist when landing an 800,000 lb airplane at 300 MPH on rubber wheels.

This is a V6 STOCK vehicle for Pete's sake!

But, hay, to each his/her own.........If you want to go to the local welding supply each month when you check your tire pressure (which is WAY more important than what kind of gaseous compound you fill them with) then by all means feel free. You won't see me paying for any nitrogen in my tires, good 'ol air works for me.

Quick Reply: Nice V-6 customize