05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Newest Mods! GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/07, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newest Mods! GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts

I got the idea for the splitters on the lightcovers from a post I read. What do you guys think? I think the light covers on the rear really set it off. I think I might need to tint the fron turn signals if I keep the light covers though.
Attached Thumbnails Newest Mods!  GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts-lightcovers.jpg   Newest Mods!  GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts-splitter.jpg   Newest Mods!  GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts-splitter1.jpg  
Old 7/28/07, 05:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
The Saleen side rockers are a really nice addition.I ordered mine last Tuesday.
Your ride is really cool and very badd.
Old 7/28/07, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I like the fogs and heads tinted. I agree the turn signals need to be tinted. On the rear you should lose the black out panel or the tint. To much black the way it is now IMO.

Flames are Bada$$!!

Any plans on lowering???
Old 7/28/07, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I like the fogs and heads tinted. I agree the turn signals need to be tinted. On the rear you should lose the black out panel or the tint. To much black the way it is now IMO.

Flames are Bada$$!!

Any plans on lowering???
So you like this look better? And yes.....coilovers are in my future.
Attached Thumbnails Newest Mods!  GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts-nitrous3.jpg  
Old 7/28/07, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I think it looks perfect, just like it is. I wouldn't change anything else!

OK well maybe tinting the turn signals though.

Great car man, always one of my faves.
Old 7/28/07, 05:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great! Definitely tint the bumper lights/turn signals though, but don't go too dark. I know your headlight covers are dark, but I wouldn't go darker than a 35% tint - even then people might have difficulty seeing your turn signals in the day time. I have nothing on my headlights, and went with a 50% tint on my clear bumper lights and they dern near match perfect
Old 7/28/07, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
So you like this look better? And yes.....coilovers are in my future.

Yes minus the chrome trim. I say do it that way or get rid of the black out panel and tint the lights. JMO.
Old 7/28/07, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Yes minus the chrome trim. I say do it that way or get rid of the black out panel and tint the lights. JMO.

I hear ya.... I'm not feeling the chrome trim anymore.....
Old 7/28/07, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I wouldnt change a thing. I think the blackout with the tint looks great, and the blue ghost flames are awesome. What size tires are those on the rear?
Old 7/28/07, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your car looks great! I love the tail light covers, I've been thinking about getting them myself. I DO think you need to tint the turn signals though, the clear stands out a little too much with everything else tinted.
Old 7/28/07, 08:41 PM
I lust for a M24

That looks freakin' sweet! I wonder where you got the idea? ()

I've been wanting to do that but have been afraid to spend the money without knowing what it'd look like. I must say... Nice!
Old 7/28/07, 08:43 PM
I lust for a M24

Hey, can you do me a favor and post a pic without the fog light covers on? I'm wondering how '70 Boss that'd look!

Also, I think the clear corners might look better w/out the fog tints... dunno - let's see a pic!

Old 7/28/07, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
That looks freakin' sweet! I wonder where you got the idea? ()

I've been wanting to do that but have been afraid to spend the money without knowing what it'd look like. I must say... Nice!
Ahhh it was you! I couldn't remember where I saw the post. I'll post some up tomorrow for ya
Old 7/28/07, 08:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Ahhh it was you! I couldn't remember where I saw the post. I'll post some up tomorrow for ya
Cool man, I'd appreciate it. I'm getting my checkbook out now. Again, nice job!
Old 7/28/07, 08:57 PM
GT Member

I'm not feeling the GTS light covers at all. I love the flames though, and you actually made a way for that tacky looking rear emblem to look good.

My advice would to either be paint the chrome tail-light bezel black, or get the Moss/AVS tail-light covers. They do an awesome job of blending in the tail-panel with the tail-lights.

Old 7/29/07, 07:54 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the idea for the splitters on the lightcovers from a post I read. What do you guys think? I think the light covers on the rear really set it off. I think I might need to tint the fron turn signals if I keep the light covers though.
Don't change a thing, I was on the fence about the headlight splitters but with the tint covers they look great. Very tasteful...not over the top. Nice work.

Originally Posted by pantera72
I'm not feeling the GTS light covers at all. I love the flames though, and you actually made a way for that tacky looking rear emblem to look good.

My advice would to either be paint the chrome tail-light bezel black, or get the Moss/AVS tail-light covers. They do an awesome job of blending in the tail-panel with the tail-lights.

Dang you Pantera 72...seeing your car makes me really want to go trade mine in for white. Your car looks sweeeet! Not to thread hijack here but do you have more pics posted somewhere?
Old 7/29/07, 11:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by QuikStang
Dang you Pantera 72...seeing your car makes me really want to go trade mine in for white. Your car looks sweeeet! Not to thread hijack here but do you have more pics posted somewhere?
Thanks for the compliment. I have more pics here http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ics/?start=all
Old 7/29/07, 12:37 PM

Where did you buy the sideskirts? Your car looks great.
Old 7/29/07, 02:02 PM
Cobra Member

Looks great just the way it is. But I had problems with my GTS covers hitting my trunk so I had to take them off.
Old 7/29/07, 06:04 PM
GT Member

I had the GTS covers in the begining, I went to the film because the covers were rubbing the paint off my front facia plus i lost one doing 80, never seen it again, and they where to dark at night. I love the film, not to dark, but dark enuff. I painted the in between's on the tail lights too. For the price of the plactic covers I got the film for the whole front end and rear and paint.

Quick Reply: Newest Mods! GTS light covers with 3D splitters and saleen sideskirts