05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/08, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics

So I finally decided on a set of wheels after a VERY long time of debating between 18's and 20's and chrome or black. I went with 18" deep dish black bullitts. I know, how original...LOL I decided on 18's because I use this car as a daily driver and plus I live in Louisiana (Geaux Tigers!!) and the roads are horrible here. They are mounted on Goodyear F1 Supercars. The front wheels are 18x9 with 255/45/18 tires and the rear wheels are 18x10.5 with 285/40/18 tires. Also I added some mirror covers and a 8" shorty antenna. I just told my girlfriend about 20 mins ago, "I think I should have went with chrome wheels." She told me the black wheels look good. I started a thread a while back asking whether I should go with black or chrome and 90% said black because of my stripes. Let me know what you think. Hopefully everyone likes the black wheels or else you will have me second guessing myself..LOL
Attached Thumbnails New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics-mustang-new-mods-002-duplicate.jpg   New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics-mustang-new-mods-003-duplicate.jpg   New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics-mustang-new-mods-005-duplicate.jpg   New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics-mustang-new-mods-006-duplicate.jpg  
Old 7/11/08, 09:27 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely the black, no question about it. Looks good!

You need to change your plate to BMBLB
Old 7/11/08, 11:45 PM
Bullitt Member

nice wheels
Old 7/12/08, 12:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Very nice! It'll never go out of style.
Old 7/12/08, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Very nice! I'm not usually a fan of black rims, but they look better on your car than the chrome ones would have. Good choice.
Old 7/12/08, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
You need to change your plate to BMBLB
Either that or KILLRB
Old 7/12/08, 01:27 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great. You need something on the sides IMO. It looks kind of plain
Old 7/12/08, 01:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Looks great. You need something on the sides IMO. It looks kind of plain
What would you suggest, some pony emblems? On another forum someone suggested I put some decal striping on the side or something of that sort.

My next mod will be a black fuel door...soooo that takes care of the drivers side. LOL
Old 7/12/08, 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I would black out the rocker panels, and bring the black around the entire lower 3 inches of the car (see the line on the rear bumper cover, up and over the exhaust tips). Add a chin spoiler of your choosing, painted black to match, and I think that will pull everything together very nicely. I went with this theme, only my car is WV Blue GT 'Vert, with the black trim. I went even further by using a black rear wing and blacked out lenses all around.
Old 7/12/08, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by delz05
I would black out the rocker panels, and bring the black around the entire lower 3 inches of the car (see the line on the rear bumper cover, up and over the exhaust tips). Add a chin spoiler of your choosing, painted black to match, and I think that will pull everything together very nicely. I went with this theme, only my car is WV Blue GT 'Vert, with the black trim. I went even further by using a black rear wing and blacked out lenses all around.
+1 That would look really good. I think I would do this instead of the black fuel door. If you didn't have the stripes I'd say throw on one of those blackout panels on the trunk too.
Old 7/12/08, 03:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by delz05
Hey delz05, if your talking about the lower lip of my rear bumper I tried that and it was a PITA. I basically had to cut it off on that edge because of those curves and edges. I do have several feet of stripe left and I can make another attempt at it. I would just try to add to it getting it as close as possible to the end of the stripe on there already instead of re-stripping it.

As far as a chin spoiler, there have been a lot suggestions to do that on other forums I posted this thread on too. But I just don't like a lot of the chin spoilers for V6's. The only one I have been considering is the 3D carbon one and I think that is more of a air dam than chin spoiler. I also have in mind a Street Scene front bumper. I've always liked those but its around $400 plus shipping and then have it painted. Maybe I will break down and get it. Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have an entire front bumper painted? By the way, I will NOT get a GT front bumper...lol
Old 7/12/08, 03:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silstang23
What would you suggest, some pony emblems? On another forum someone suggested I put some decal striping on the side or something of that sort.

My next mod will be a black fuel door...soooo that takes care of the drivers side. LOL
You hit the nail on the head. Pony emblems and some sort of black on the sides. You'll have to do some photochops and experiment. That's what I would do before spending any money.
Old 7/13/08, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
You hit the nail on the head. Pony emblems and some sort of black on the sides. You'll have to do some photochops and experiment. That's what I would do before spending any money.
I wish I knew how to photochop. I'll get my girlfriend to do it..lol
Old 7/13/08, 07:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Get some tri-bar pony emblems and customize them. Paint the tri-bar, black, yellow, black instead of red,white,blue. Those little custom touches go a long way.

Take your spoiler off and paint it black to match the stripes.

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 7/13/08 at 07:34 PM.
Old 7/13/08, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Get some tri-bar pony emblems and customize them. Paint the tri-bar, black, yellow, black instead of red,white,blue. Those little custom touches go a long way.

Take your spoiler off and paint it black to match the stripes.
That is a very good idea. I never thought of that and no one has really suggested something like that. Do you know of anyone that has done that and not just black, yellow, black? Would I just strip the red, white, and blue or paint over it? I'm not very intelligent in the paint department...lol
Old 7/13/08, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Also I noticed there are so many different kinds of tri-bar pony emblems. I know people are putting different kinds on the grills. What kind is everybody putting on the side fenders?
Old 7/13/08, 09:35 PM
I lust for a M24

I think a member here named socal.2fast did something similar. I would go with the larger tri-bar emblems from the pony package, those are what I put on my car (below), I think the smaller ones would be too small for the fenders. Putting a smaller tri-bar pony w/ the same paint scheme in the grille would be a nice touch too. I'd just paint over the existing paint on the emblem if I were to do it. The old saying is the best primer is old paint. Here's the 'pony package' emblems:
Old 7/14/08, 12:45 AM
Cobra R Member

I like those black chromes, they look sick!
Old 7/17/08, 02:32 PM
GT Member

I actually thought about black chrome wheels because I was stuck when deciding between black and chrome wheels..lol I don't think black chrome would go with my stripes as well as just black wheels.
Old 7/17/08, 02:36 PM
I lust for a M24

You made the right choice!

Quick Reply: New Wheels and Appearance Mods - Pics