05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/12, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Wheels

Whenever I want something really badly, it seems to turn into an ordeal for me.

I've been drooling over black bullitt motorsport staggered wheels since last Sept. I finally got my finances straightened out enough that I was able to get a loan to buy them! Happy happy joy joy! Right? So I call American Muscle to order and they are Out. Of. Stock. Uggggggggh.

I really wanted them bad- and wanted to order that day, so I found a set at Cruizin Concepts. The guy on the phone said they were in stock and would ship out in 3-12 days. In the meantime, I had PMed a CC guy who watches the forums, on another forum. After about 5 days, he finally answers me, and says he's out of stock in what I want. I said, "oh really? I just ordered them- and CC told me they were in stock and I'd be getting them... blah blah..."

And that's just the beginning. He was supposed to be "checking" on my order, but was sending these noncommittal cryptic emails, stringing me out over the next couple days. I finally got tired of that and called CC. I found out the guy I spoke to had totally misled me, and that the wheels were on 30-45 day backorder!!! I demanded my money back immediately. That was Tuesday, I got my refund today. They are back in stock with AM... thank goodness. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes, usually they are quick.
Old 1/13/12, 01:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RVAStangGT05
Whenever I want something really badly, it seems to turn into an ordeal for me.

I've been drooling over black bullitt motorsport staggered wheels since last Sept. I finally got my finances straightened out enough that I was able to get a loan to buy them! Happy happy joy joy! Right? So I call American Muscle to order and they are Out. Of. Stock. Uggggggggh.

I really wanted them bad- and wanted to order that day, so I found a set at Cruizin Concepts. The guy on the phone said they were in stock and would ship out in 3-12 days. In the meantime, I had PMed a CC guy who watches the forums, on another forum. After about 5 days, he finally answers me, and says he's out of stock in what I want. I said, "oh really? I just ordered them- and CC told me they were in stock and I'd be getting them... blah blah..."

And that's just the beginning. He was supposed to be "checking" on my order, but was sending these noncommittal cryptic emails, stringing me out over the next couple days. I finally got tired of that and called CC. I found out the guy I spoke to had totally misled me, and that the wheels were on 30-45 day backorder!!! I demanded my money back immediately. That was Tuesday, I got my refund today. They are back in stock with AM... thank goodness. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes, usually they are quick.
I'll bet they ship in a day or 2 if they are in stock. I've placed multiple orders with AM totaling about $2k or so. They have shipped über quickly but the transit time from their office in PA to my location in WA suuuuucks.
Old 1/16/12, 04:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post pics when they are on.
Old 1/16/12, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the information. I will be ordering wheels in the next couple weeks and I have looked at CC wondering how their customer service was. AM has always been good and I live only a state away from them so shipment times are always good. Not rubbing it in Pete.

Good luck with your order and I bet AM pulls through for you.
Old 1/17/12, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
Thanks for the information. I will be ordering wheels in the next couple weeks and I have looked at CC wondering how their customer service was. AM has always been good and I live only a state away from them so shipment times are always good. Not rubbing it in Pete.

Good luck with your order and I bet AM pulls through for you.
The wheels are already here LOVE Them!! And LOVE American Muscle!!! I rushed home and put them on during lunch - ill get pics up tomorrow but they are awesome! All my wheel dreams come true.... Silly me for even thinking of ordering somewhere else. Everything from AM was perfect - as usual
Old 1/17/12, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

The wheels are already here LOVE Them!! And LOVE American Muscle!!! I rushed home and put them on during lunch - ill get pics up tomorrow but they are awesome! All my wheel dreams come true.... Silly me for even thinking of ordering somewhere else. Everything from AM was perfect - as usual
That's great!! I knew AM would pull through... Anxious to see pics
Old 1/17/12, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe, really, thats exciting. cant really beat am`s sales and service. always good dealing with them. now we`ll just wait for the pics

i got my wheels late in the evening and was out in the driveway with the floor jack, torque wrench and a lantern. as soon as i got them on drove into town to a bank that had lights in the lot, and took some pics

Last edited by amustangrocks; 1/17/12 at 05:57 PM.
Old 1/18/12, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally pics... A couple anyway
Attached Images   
Old 1/18/12, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
those are very nice, good pics too goes great with the blk parts you have going on there
Old 1/18/12, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Finally pics... A couple anyway
Nice choice!! Car looks great!
Old 1/19/12, 06:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I like it ...
Old 1/19/12, 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I like it ...
Thanks, what're those you got on? Regular black Bullitts ? Hard to see well in your profile pic but they look good on that car.
Old 1/27/12, 03:41 PM
V6 Member

Awesome wheels, I'm going to order the same. I have a question about them that AM hasn't been able to answer. Maybe you can, I sent you a PM.